• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Pokemon Legends: Arceus General Discussion

Surely the Battle Zone is the volcano up in the top-right, no? If I recall correctly, the original games even talked about how the BZ used to be just a harsh wilderness.
Oh I suppose it must be, but the whole thing is such a huge landmass in Sinnoh that most of it appears to be missing in Hisui. I guess if it's really just that volcano at this point in time, then maybe there's been an eruption sometime between this era and modern Sinnoh to form the rest of it.

mmm interesting that Hisui seems to be a way smaller landmass than modern Sinnoh is as well, which is kinda a problem if you compare both maps, since on the OG Sinnoh map, Jubilife isn't connected to Water on the south and Lake Verity is on its west and not on its southeast and where is the landmass west of Lake Verity. It would be weird if they put Jubilife Village there on the map, but then make it so they need to relocate the entire village to fit the modern Sinnoh map.

Oh I suppose it must be, but the whole thing is such a huge landmass in Sinnoh that most of it appears to be missing in Hisui. I guess if it's really just that volcano at this point in time, then maybe there's been an eruption sometime between this era and modern Sinnoh to form the rest of it.

Could be, but I also think it may just be the perspective of the image. We're seeing it from an angle looking at the lower-left half of the region, so even though it's all stylized, something in the far upper-right would look smaller.

mmm interesting that Hisui seems to be a way smaller landmass than modern Sinnoh is as well
To be fair, this could just be the result of stylization and the fact that the Hisui map is rotated with respect to the Sinnoh map.

Still doesn't explain Jubilife being west of Lake Verity instead of East, especially since the hills east of Jubilife are still there on both maps.

?

It's not west of Verity. Again, we're seeing Husui at a rotated angle. If you shift the map so that Husui's Snowpoint Temple is directly north (right now it's in the "northwest" of the image), Jubilife falls right where it's supposed to.

I can't get a screencap at the moment
I can.
Pokémon Presents _ 8.18.21 21-30 screenshot.png
Pt_Sinnoh.png

Also, the way that the in-game map has clouds covering a number of mainland areas, along with this tidbit from the official site:

Completing these research tasks will also contribute to your work with the Galaxy Expedition Team and raise your rank as a team member, granting you access to new areas.

... makes me think that this game won't be anywhere near as open as something like BOTW. But that isn't necessarily a bad thing - I think a blended approach could work great, and this game is already a huge step out of what Pokémon fans are accustomed to without also abandoning any firm sense of progression. I think it would make sense for them to not nuke the core series's entire philosophical apparatus all at once.

I can.

Bravo, thanks. (y)

I hope there are more new evolutions and regional variants in the game. And, what will their regional and national dex numbers be?

And, what will their regional and national dex numbers be?
I'd imagine that new Pokemon will get dex numbers after Calyrex, so 899 and above. As for the regional dex, I'm not so sure. Since we're making Hisui's first Pokedex, we might have completely new numbers for (almost) all Pokemon in the regional dex.

I hope there are more new evolutions and regional variants in the game. And, what will their regional and national dex numbers be?
Well for national dex, regional variants will just piggyback on the same numbers as their original forms. I imagine the new evos will fill in after Calyrex, though. Which would feel a bit odd to end a gen on new evolutions, but I'll bet you anything there's a new legend or mythical coming to wrap things up. XD

Ah, I think you might be right. It sort of looks like the tentacles are behind the body. It's making a 'U" shape; if that makes sense.
Oh damn, yeah, I think I see it. =( I want more new pokemon, though, I don't want to be right.

Surely the Battle Zone is the volcano up in the top-right, no? If I recall correctly, the original games even talked about how the BZ used to be just a harsh wilderness.
That's probably Stark Mountain with Heatran.
Oh, comparing the maps is kind of revealing too- Hisui does appear colder than modern Sinnoh. Also the right side of the region has gotten a bit of a revamp. And the Battle Zone island is just... seemingly not there. XD

story_region_3.jpg
Pt_Sinnoh.png
Has anyone noticed the gondolier all the way to left side of the map? Seeing as its the only human figure in the water and it's placed weirdly to the side, I think it must hold some significance. I was watching the trailer with one of my friends and we immediately agreed it reminded us of the ferryman of the Styx who brings people to the underworld in Greek mythology. In (Japanese) Buddhism there's a similar river of the dead, the Sanzu. This might be reaching but perhaps the character takes you to a kind of place like the Distortation World to meet Giratina. Either that or they might take you to locations like Iron, Fullmoon and Newmoon Island. If you compare the Sinnoh and Hisui maps the gondolier is headed in the same general direction. I thought this was one of most interesting details of the Hisui map because the human looks so mysterious and out of place compared to the rest. What do you think?

Please note: The thread is from 1 year ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom