• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Pokemon Legends: Arceus General Discussion

I wonder if from the start you will be able to just, completely 100% one area before moving onto the next. Or if there are strong Pokemon or areas only reachable with ride mons that make you go back later if you want to completely do an area.

I think it would be cool to have a pokemon (Arceus) as the villain in the game rather than a human who uses Arceus for evil purposes like we've had for what seems like forever. Especially since legends is a change of pace for pokemon with no noticable generic evil team as of yet. It would also be cool if they hinted at how team galactic could've been formed in the future by giving some pre-requisites of it such as galaxy exploration team (forgot the exact name) lore.
The movies and anime seem to hate the idea that any pokemon could be truly bad even though Pokemon, in general, have human-like intelligence and human-like personalities. If Arceus or Giratina are the villains then I want them to be genuinely evil eldritch abominations rather than misunderstood woobies.

The movies and anime seem to hate the idea that any pokemon could be truly bad even though Pokemon, in general, have human-like intelligence and human-like personalities. If Arceus or Giratina are the villains then I want them to be genuinely evil eldritch abominations rather than misunderstood woobies.
That'd be because we catch these monsters and make them our allies, so they wouldn't want to paint any of them in a truly bad light. Not many would want to watch their favorite be the irredeemable big bad.

Instead of being irredeemably evil, perhaps Arceus is playing the role of the villain to see if the trainer and the other humans can make Hisui (and eventually Sinnoh) a better place for all.

If we do see Pokémon as the "villains," I don't think I'd like them to be outright be evil, especially Giratina as I feel that would be a bit cliché. What I'd like to see is the Pokémon behaving more like Eldritch abominations beyond human understanding, if that makes sense. Like, they aren't causing harm to humans out of evil or revenge or what have you, but because they don't really care and are just performing their natural/instinctual duty. Perhaps there's an imbalance between the Pokémon world and the distortion world, and so Giratina tries to rectify this by causing Pokémon to become aggressive etc, but isn't concerned with the consequences. Sort of like how a hurricane isn't inherently evil.

Last edited:
If we do see Pokémon as the "villains," I don't think I'd like them to be outright be evil, especially Giratina as I feel that would be a bit cliché. What I'd like to see is the Pokémon behaving more like Eldritch abominations beyond human understanding, if that makes sense. Like, they aren't causing harm to humans out of evil or revenge or what have you, but because they don't really care and are just performing their natural/instinctual duty. Perhaps there's an imbalance between the Pokémon world and the distortion world, and so Giratina tries to rectify this by causing Pokémon to become aggressive etc, but isn't concerned with the consequences. Sort of like how a hurricane isn't inherently evil, it's just a natural disaster. Maybe the plot could be centered around forming a better understanding between people and Pokémon.

I feel pretty confident in saying that is probably the most that anyone who's looking for an "evil Pokémon" story will get from the main series. The UBs just wanted to go home. Necrozma was tortured and starving. Darkrai doesn't mean any harm (granted, PMD gives it a more villanous character, but that's a spin-off). Eternatus was just a "hurricane," as you say. And much as people like to tout it as "Poké-Satan," Giratina is borderline heroic in Platinum. Every time there's a Pokémon that looks poised to be "evil," it turns out to have a sympathetic side. And the obvious reason for that is because this is fundamentally a game series about lovable monster pets for kids, not a Thomas Ligotti novel.

"Irredeemable eldritch abominations" are something that simply have no business ever being in this series. Don't mistake that as me speaking from some kind of assumed Moral Guardian position - I'm perfectly happy to see children's media meditate on scary/mature themes and ideas. I'm just saying that, tonally, that kind of stuff just doesn't make any sense here. It's completely incongruous.

Is it me or the Map looks so empty?
The in-game map does look a little small and empty, though it does have a zoom function that might switch to a more detailed version upon closeup. The artsy regional map, however, looks more detailed albeit not as much as previous region maps in my opinion.
story_region_3.jpg
index.php

Not sure if this has been discussed already, but I noticed some people on the region map that are dressed in colors similar to Dialga and Palkia. Maybe this is hinting at some important aspect of the plot?

Honestly, I kind of like the fact that it's not fully open-world, makes it easier for a completionist like myself to just do one at a time before moving on to a new area.
Verlisify on YouTube labeled the game bad the moment he saw the text "areas you currently have access to". I personally don't see the problem in not having access to all or even most areas right off.
The artsy regional map, however, looks more detailed albeit not as much as previous region maps in my opinion.
I wonder if that's Snowpoint Temple at the northernmost point.

The in-game map does look a little small and empty, though it does have a zoom function that might switch to a more detailed version upon closeup. The artsy regional map, however, looks more detailed albeit not as much as previous region maps in my opinion.
story_region_3.jpg
index.php
I find it weird that we don’t see any towns or shops, or trainers..mostly nature.

Verlisify on YouTube labeled the game bad the moment he saw the text "areas you currently have access to". I personally don't see the problem in not having access to all or even most areas right off.

Isn't that how a lot of open-world games are anyways? Like you don't have immediate access to every part of the world until you clear obstacles, reach certain goals, face certain bosses, etc.

Seems like a strange thing to write the game off for but I guess to each their own.

Why does anyone listen to what Verlisify has to say anyway? Pretty sure his whole youtube career is based on being wrong.

Please note: The thread is from 1 year ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom