• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Pokemon Legends: Arceus General Discussion

I wonder if Zoroark (Bummer i was wrong that it wasn't, but hey, thats the fun about speculation, you win some and you lose some), is a miniboss of the area.

oh!!! that's true, doesn't it very closely match the mountain climbing Pokemon's silhouette??

It's weird how much they are giving to gen 5, Basculin got a new evolution, we have Hisuian forms of Braviary, Zorua, and Zoroark, there's a possibility for the starters to get new evolutions, one of which is Oshawott. Its interesting.
(Hoping we get a gen 6 regional form or something, gen 6 has been left out of all the gimmicks save for Diance getting a mega)
I think Gen 6 is “too new” to revisit with regional variants and such. They’re skipping Gen 4 for now since the focus in on Gen 4 already… I imagine Gen 5 will get nothing during the generation it’s remade, while Gen 4 (and by then, Gen 6) will get a lot.

So this has been a fun way to reveal a new Hisuian form. The initial video was felt so creepy, especially with the ending. They're quite calculated on how they reveal new information, so I'm sure that they knew how people would react to this found footage video. My initial thought was that they were teasing Hisuian Arcanine, but that would be too big to mix up with Growlithe or Vulpix and it probably wouldn't have big round eyes either. The Zoura/Zoroark theory made the most sense and there was quite a good amount of evidence it favor of it as well. It turns out that's exactly what was the case.

Hisuian Zorua and Zoroark are so cool and cute. I'm a bit surprised that they aren't Ice types mainly because of the ice mountain and the focus on Snorunt at the beginning, but Normal/Ghost is much better. It's the first time that type combination has been used and it makes them stand out more. I think I like Hisuian Zorua a bit more than Hisuian Zoroark, but both are still really good and I'm sure that seeing how they look in the games and/or the official artwork will make me like them more. I am glad that the fifth generation is getting more attention with some of these Hisuian forms. It's one of my favorite generations and there are some really cool Pokemon in that generation that could really use more attention too.

I think Gen 6 is “too new” to revisit with regional variants and such. They’re skipping Gen 4 for now since the focus in on Gen 4 already… I imagine Gen 5 will get nothing during the generation it’s remade, while Gen 4 (and by then, Gen 6) will get a lot.
XD At the same time, though, we've got Rowlet as a starter with possibly a new evo, so it might not be so early for Gen 6.

But yeah, does seem like we're getting a bit of a catch up on Gen 5 love after it got almost ignored by Mega Evolutions in Gen 6, and well... Gen 7 was all about celebrating Gen 1.

It's weird how much they are giving to gen 5, Basculin got a new evolution, we have Hisuian forms of Braviary, Zorua, and Zoroark, there's a possibility for the starters to get new evolutions, one of which is Oshawott. Its interesting.
(Hoping we get a gen 6 regional form or something, gen 6 has been left out of all the gimmicks save for Diance getting a mega)
That may be unlikely. It maybe that only the starters regions will get some new forms and evolutions. In PLA's case that's Cyndaquil(Gen 2), Oshawott(Gen 5) and Rowlet(Gen 7)

Looks like the artists' predictions were spot on! I think Zoroark looks super cool and Normal/Ghost is such an interesting type. I wonder if it'll also be using similar attacks in game on the player and how it'll look in battle.

I absolutely love that hisuian Zorua and Zoroark are Normal/Ghost-type. Not only is that a type combo that I've been wanting for years, but it makes the kitsune unique both as Regional Variants and as fox-based Pokemon, as none of the other foxes in Pokemon have either of those types (unless you count the ever-debatable-in-terms-of-species-basis Eevee, who is pure Normal).

And the guy was right, Hisuian Zorua is adorable! :bulbaLove:

I was actually going to throw out there the idea that Hisuian Zorua and Zoroark was going to be at least part Normal-type due to Mai having a clip on her hair that fits both the red and while colors on it, and/or being part Ghost-type since Ghost Pokémon tend to be associated with illusions. Imagine my surprise when the Pokémon Company beat me to the punch and confirmed my suspicions by having them be Normal/Ghost types!

I wonder how it'll operate in battle though. How will they incorporate the evolutionary line's staple trait of illusions in a game without abilities? Will Hisuian Zoroark still have Night Daze? OR will it be replaced by a different signature move that it can actually get STAB from? There's also the possibility that it might not have any signature move this time around, but you'd think they would want to give Zoroark something since it was treated as special even in its debut generation.

I'm in love woth Zorua's design (its cute ears is shaped like a cherry blossom omg). Zoroak does remind me of Lycanroc midnight form, I'm not sure about its design, but it will grow on me.

Last edited:
I'm in love woth Zorua's design (its cute ears is shaped like a cherry blossom omg). Zoroak does remind me of Lycanroc midnight form, I'm not sure about its design, but it will grow on me.
XD Midnight Lycanroc reminded me of original Zoroark, so I'm amused to see it come full circle.

Please note: The thread is from 1 year ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom