• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Pokemon Legends: Arceus General Discussion

Zorua: (approaches camera) "I-is the human okay?"
Zoroark: "I'm sure it's fine, let's keep moving."

I really enjoyed that Pokémon reveal, and the man's commentary kept me engaged regarding what he would stumble on next (b-but, video cameras in ancient Sinnoh? Unless...) - I wish they would be that creative every time they present a new Pokémon, because it makes the introduction that much more fun and memorable! Hisuian Zorua looks absolutely adorable, especially with that forlorn expression to contrast regular Zorua's. And Hisuian Zoroark...oh my, just gorgeous. It's like a modern take on the kitsune; the white and red coloring along with the forward-facing fur to contrast the original Zoroark's mane is a nice touch. When the Lycanroc were first introduced, I immediately loved the Dusk Form, so seeing H. Zoroark resemble it a bit is nice.

But what's even more impressive may be their Normal/Ghost typing! Unprecedented and unique, wow; this is the charm the original Zoroark should have captured, akin to Lucario (given how it was intended to emulate its success and all).

If they are found around areas near route 216/217, I wonder if we would have to plow through snow.

What if there's an entire snowy area with a bunch of ice or ghost types, and there's a Froslass evolution as the Lady pokemon?

I wonder why they are normal/ghost. Maybe they are dying, but refuse to move on? Somewhat like Dreepy is ghost type because it went extinct , but somehow still inhabit this world? There should be an even older zorua/zoroark form that is pure normal, but that wouldnt be as cool as this.

Dreepy sword pokedex:

After being reborn as a ghost Pokémon, Dreepy wanders the areas it used to inhabit back when it was alive in prehistoric seas.

So, maybe that place used to be a forest , and zorua/zoroark used to be normal types, but it became too cold and and these pokemon are almost dead. When people took care of them and brought them to other regions, they became dark types due to not being almost dead anymore, but experienced something too traumatic to really be normal again.

Do I really have to evolve my Zorua? :(

Anyways, I have a question, Is Hisui region is supposed to be older than Kanto and other regions?

Anyways, I have a question, Is Hisui region is supposed to be older than Kanto and other regions?
Depends how you look at it, just generally inhabited? Maybe.
But if you mean around more, officially, most likely not. Just based on the fact that you seem to be people from another region coming in colonizing, and real life hokkaido wasn't annexed by japan until the late 17 early 1800's. Might be older than like, Alola, but not older just in general.
Or if you mean by a game time-line perspective, definitely.

A Normal/Ghost-type, not what I was expecting. The eeriness of the video really had me leaning towards a Ghost-type, but that normal typing comes out of nowhere. I was thinking like Fire, Dark, or Ice. I am glad to see this new type combo though.

And oh my gosh Hisuian Zorua is adorable. I really like how the red fades into the white coat, rather than just having it suddenly switch from white to red. I think it adds to the ghost vibe. It's just too precious. I swear I'm going to catch so many of these for the Pokedex completion tasks and then I'm not going to be able to release them because they are just too cute.

Hisuian Zoroark also looks pretty good. I've never been the biggest fan of Zoroark, and I definitely think I'll need to see the official art or at least a better glimpse of thee guys to determine how much I really like them, but it does have an interesting design. The hair/mane thing is a lot fluffier than I imagined. Even if I don't end up liking Hisuian Zoroark as much as Zorua, I will definitely be putting this guy on my team.

Just pre-ordered the game. Well, actually no I haven't, but I've told my parents that I want an Amazon gift card for Christmas, which I plan to use to pre-order the game with since it's coming out in the new year and I won't be able to wait until Christmas to get my hands on BDSP.

But as a longtime Sinnoh fan myself, one thing is certain: I'm gambling that I won't have nearly as many issues with this game as I did with LGPE & SwSh. We'll find out next year if I am right...

Depends how you look at it, just generally inhabited? Maybe.
But if you mean around more, officially, most likely not. Just based on the fact that you seem to be people from another region coming in colonizing, and real life hokkaido wasn't annexed by japan until the late 17 early 1800's. Might be older than like, Alola, but not older just in general.
Or if you mean by a game time-line perspective, definitely.
So the starters were borrowed from the already existing regions from the same Hisue timeline? what do you think?

Just pre-ordered the game. Well, actually no I haven't, but I've told my parents that I want an Amazon gift card for Christmas, which I plan to use to pre-order the game with since it's coming out in the new year and I won't be able to wait until Christmas to get my hands on BDSP.

But as a longtime Sinnoh fan myself, one thing is certain: I'm gambling that I won't have nearly as many issues with this game as I did with LGPE & SwSh. We'll find out next year if I am right...
Just curious, but what were your issues with LGPE and SwSh? Because the former is the only Pokemon game I've ever played in my whole life that I just couldn't get through it, and the latter bothered me so much I stopped playing it for around a year. Did you have the same issues with them that I did? (Which is to say the easiness level and ease of overleveling, just to name a few, those two reasons probably go hand in hand, ha-ha.)

If they are found around areas near route 216/217, I wonder if we would have to plow through snow.

What if there's an entire snowy area with a bunch of ice or ghost types, and there's a Froslass evolution as the Lady pokemon?

If you mean Arezu's lady pokemon, it's most likely grass-type, judging by her bracelet. Plus I don't think she resides anywhere near the snowy area.

Just curious, but what were your issues with LGPE and SwSh? Because the former is the only Pokemon game I've ever played in my whole life that I just couldn't get through it, and the latter bothered me so much I stopped playing it for around a year. Did you have the same issues with them that I did? (Which is to say the easiness level and ease of overleveling, just to name a few, those two reasons probably go hand in hand, ha-ha.)

LGPE: How obviously aimed at little kids it was compared to FRLG
SwSh: Dynamax being a cheesy gimmick compared to Mega Evolution & Z-Moves, the overall story and the way the Galar League felt like it was meant to be a parody of British sports culture
Both: Handholding & dumbed-down difficulty

How do you know?

And if that happens: ARRGRGGGG MY COUNTRY GETTING A POKEMON REGION.
Masuda posted a picture of him with a bunch of the World Pikachus, one of which is Dutch (due to the history between Japan and the Netherlands). So basically, people are grasping at straws like usual with Masuda pics. Lol I would love a Dutch region since I lived there for a bit, but right after the UK? Give the rest of the world a turn!

Also I wonder if Mai’s hairpin really is a nod to Zorua. It did turn out Normal type, which is her theme… hmmm.

LGPE: How obviously aimed at little kids it was compared to FRLG
SwSh: Dynamax being a cheesy gimmick compared to Mega Evolution & Z-Moves, the overall story and the way the Galar League felt like it was meant to be a parody of British sports culture
Both: Handholding & dumbed-down difficulty
Ok, that's generally the same problems other people had with them too, and me as well. Glad to see we agree. BTW, couldn't agree more with your first and second points. LGPE was so little-kiddish it was almost nauseating, I mean Zippy Zap? Buzzy Buzz? Who the hell named those? I think those are the sorts of words you'd generally hear from kids below the 1st grade. Also, the handholding. Oh my god, the handholding. Like, a little bit of it's OK, but when it's all the damn time, then it becomes annoying. And of course, the dumbed-down-difficulty. Like, I'm not asking them to go Ultra Necrozma hard on us all the time, but maybe just a little bit more of that. I'm glad there are people out there who share my beliefs. Kudos.

With this revelation, 16 of the 171 possible type combinations now remain unused:
  • Normal/Ice
  • Normal/Poison
  • Normal/Bug
  • Normal/Rock
  • Normal/Steel
  • Fire/Grass
  • Fire/Fairy
  • Electric/Fighting
  • Ice/Poison
  • Fighting/Ground
  • Fighting/Fairy
  • Poison/Steel
  • Ground/Fairy
  • Bug/Dragon
  • Bug/Dark
  • Rock/Ghost
Fun fact: Normal/Steel has technically already been officially used, just not on a real Pokémon. One of the Pokéstar Studios opponents in Black 2 and White 2 has this typing.

Ok, that's generally the same problems other people had with them too, and me as well. Glad to see we agree. BTW, couldn't agree more with your first and second points. LGPE was so little-kiddish it was almost nauseating, I mean Zippy Zap? Buzzy Buzz? Who the hell named those? I think those are the sorts of words you'd generally hear from kids below the 1st grade. Also, the handholding. Oh my god, the handholding. Like, a little bit of it's OK, but when it's all the damn time, then it becomes annoying. And of course, the dumbed-down-difficulty. Like, I'm not asking them to go Ultra Necrozma hard on us all the time, but maybe just a little bit more of that. I'm glad there are people out there who share my beliefs. Kudos.

To be a little fair to Let's Go, it was kind of marketed as a nostalgia trip for grown up pokemon fans to share with their kids. Which is the only way I can make myself not hate it too... because oh yeah, I despise those baby name moves and appreciate that they were forced to stay behind with partner Pikachu and Eevee. XD

With this revelation, 16 of the 171 possible type combinations now remain unused:
  • Normal/Ice
  • Normal/Poison
  • Normal/Bug
  • Normal/Rock
  • Normal/Steel
  • Fire/Grass
  • Fire/Fairy
  • Electric/Fighting
  • Ice/Poison
  • Fighting/Ground
  • Fighting/Fairy
  • Poison/Steel
  • Ground/Fairy
  • Bug/Dragon
  • Bug/Dark
  • Rock/Ghost
Fun fact: Normal/Steel has technically already been officially used, just not on a real Pokémon. One of the Pokéstar Studios opponents in Black 2 and White 2 has this typing.
I'm trying to remember if we have a Ghost/Steel Pokemon?

Please note: The thread is from 1 year ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom