• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Pokemon Legends: Arceus General Discussion

EEEK that's exciting

That's in 10 days, so get ready
Oh, looks like it's a three day event so could be somewhere between the 26th and 28th!
Still hyping. =D

Edit: Oh nevermind, missed the other months on their calendar and they're running all the way through February. =( Heck knows when the showcases are because it doesn't list them.

Still gonna hype every weekend for the next three months, I guess. XD

Last edited:
Yeah, it'll run until February. My guess the soonest we can expect something is early-mid December.
I'm thinking we're due for something end of this month or start of the next- news every three weeks is typical, with it amping up to every two weeks in the last couple months if I recall right, and we did just get Shaymin last week.

Completely random but since Hisui is based off Hokkaido (and Hokkaido is very famous in Japan for its milk and cheese) I can't help but think of the time I visited a dairy farm museum in Sapporo ( :bulbaLove: ) and kind of hope the game incorporates that cheese/milk culture :LOL: maybe a Miltank mini-game where you have to collect moomoo milk? Or maybe a related-research task?

Now I'm craving cheese...

Completely random but since Hisui is based off Hokkaido (and Hokkaido is very famous in Japan for its milk and cheese) I can't help but think of the time I visited a dairy farm museum in Sapporo ( :bulbaLove: ) and kind of hope the game incorporates that cheese/milk culture :LOL: maybe a Miltank mini-game where you have to collect moomoo milk? Or maybe a related-research task?

Now I'm craving cheese...
Anyone up for a cheese-based Hisuian Miltank?

My predictions for the Hisuan starter evolutions types are:

Decidueye: Grass/Electric
Typhlosion: Fire/Ground
Samurott: Water/Steel

As far as major characters, I think Rei/Akari will be a lot like Lillie & Sonia in that they'll have a much bigger role in the story than GameFreak is letting on. I also think it's pretty much a given that Cynthia's ancestor will be another important character.

I'm also curious as to what role the Lake Guardians will play in the story, since they were apparently created by Arceus. I get the feeling some sort of research mission(s) involving the three lakes will be what sets the climax in motion...

Finally, I wouldn't be surprised if this ends up being the first main series Pokemon game to get an E10+ rating. It sounds to me like the storyline could very well be much darker than most Pokemon games, maybe closer to Colosseum or XD.

I'm also curious as to what role the Lake Guardians will play in the story, since they were apparently created by Arceus. I get the feeling some sort of research mission(s) involving the three lakes will be what sets the climax in motion...

Finally, I wouldn't be surprised if this ends up being the first main series Pokemon game to get an E10+ rating. It sounds to me like the storyline could very well be much darker than most Pokemon games, maybe closer to Colosseum or XD.
Oh yeah, if you read the lore and dex entries for pretty much all of the Sinnoh legendaries, there is so much potential for some pretty intense encounters.

Even the lake trio have such potential to be marginally scary.
Just the "Horrific Myth" alone...
Look not into the Pokémon's eyes.
In but an instant, you'll have no recollection of who you are.

Return home, but how? When there is nothing to remember?
Dare not touch the Pokémon's body.

In but three short days, all emotions will drain away.

Above all, above all, harm not the Pokémon.

In a scant five days, the offender will grow immobile in entirety.

Of course, it wouldn't impact the player character, but if we came across people or villages who have lost their memory, emotions, or willpower? Heck yeah, poke-lore in action.

I do quite enjoy the idea of a bit of a darker Pokémon game. I want more stuff like that creepy trailer when Hisuian Zorua was revealed.

Oh yeah, if you read the lore and dex entries for pretty much all of the Sinnoh legendaries, there is so much potential for some pretty intense encounters.

Even the lake trio have such potential to be marginally scary.
Just the "Horrific Myth" alone...

Of course, it wouldn't impact the player character, but if we came across people or villages who have lost their memory, emotions, or willpower? Heck yeah, poke-lore in action.
What villages? This game is anti-lore.

Y’all there are very clearly villagers and settlements on the Hisuian map… this is before Pokedexes and trainers, not before people lived in the region…
Even "before" trainers is debatable. Just like Alola canonically had no league before we landed there, and one formed just in time for the player to experience it, trainers as a concept are evolving in Hisui and I’m pretty sure the player will encounter many proto-trainers in a similar fashion for gameplay's sake.

Please note: The thread is from 1 year ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom