• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Pokemon Legends: Arceus General Discussion

I actually love the simplicity of the original Voltorb line, but this one is just that but perfected. I feel like there's a good chance Hisuian Electrode becomes my new favorite Pokemon. Plus the Electric/Grass type is going to make it so much better than the original. Definitely my favorite Hisuian form for sure.
I personally think Voltorb could have been designed a bit more

Also Hisuian Zorua is the best one yet IMO

No idea if this has been mentioned before, but it’d be cool if they did a dlc that involves the sinjoh ruins. Just have to add one big wild area in the unestablished region north of johto and do literally anything with it, I’d eat that right up. Ofc this is assuming they’re not involved in the game already in some form which I highly doubt

Leaks aren't official, though. And not everyone follows them.
And that's exactly the issue I have; Official marketing gives us next to nothing this generation. They haven't chosen the middleground after the overload of information during generation 7, but have opted for the other end of the spectrum.

Our hype shouldn't be reliant on leaks, especially not one month before release. We know next to nothing about the gameplay and/or the progress, except for some conclusions drawn from deduction.

And that's exactly the issue I have; Official marketing gives us next to nothing this generation. They haven't chosen the middleground after the overload of information during generation 7, but have opted for the other end of the spectrum.

Our hype shouldn't be reliant on leaks, especially not one month before release. We know next to nothing about the gameplay and/or the progress, except for some conclusions drawn from deduction.
That's to keep the surprises hidden. I personally prefer finding out stuff from the actual game when it's released to finding out about it beforehand from leaks. I have no problem with the current amount of information. It's just enough to keep the hype going without spoiling everything.

That's to keep the surprises hidden. I personally prefer finding out stuff from the actual game when it's released to finding out about it beforehand from leaks. I have no problem with the current amount of information. It's just enough to keep the hype going without spoiling everything.
I personally wouldn't mind some more gameplay-details. I'm not talking plot, nor Pokémon-availability, just gameplay. I currently have no clue whether I should buy it or not. Some things look enticing, but others are still too vague and might be extremely monotonous.

This isn't a normal formulaic title like usual, more information wouldn't be a luxury. A lot would still be 'surprising', the things that actually matter wouldn't spoil that.

Even Total War Warhammer 3 has had like 10 trailers, multiple blogs about mechanics and some battle-overviews, without spoiling anything about the plot.

Looks like there was no Hisuian Electrode reveal today. Was hoping those shorts would build up to it, but whatever.

I saw this pointed out on Twitter, but the end of the Japanese version of the short displays these shadows. Idk if they have been in any of the previous videos or if they're just decor, but I guess it's something.

20211214_105027.jpg

that does look quite a lot like what the shape of a grass type electrode would be :) :)
(the more detailed one that is! whereas the smooth one is voltorb)

Looks like there was no Hisuian Electrode reveal today. Was hoping those shorts would build up to it, but whatever.

I saw this pointed out on Twitter, but the end of the Japanese version of the short displays these shadows. Idk if they have been in any of the previous videos or if they're just decor, but I guess it's something.

I doubt it means anything since the Box Link is supposed to go there that takes you to the official website.

It is the holiday season and gearing up to be New Years time (which is huge in Japan). I kind of don’t see much happening within the next few weeks outside of maybe one piece of new info per week (like last week being the Voltorb reveal). They will likely do big trailers and reveals for the last three-ish weeks (starting the week after New Years), but until then? I just don’t see much happening. I’d like to be wrong, but just done get your hopes up until after New Years.

The game is releasing at a very off time in terms of marketing, very VERY clearly so that it’s out and done with before Pokémon Day 2022 (when I REALLY think they will switch gears to Gen 9 promo). This game probably was meant to have a traditional cycle with a holiday 2021 release, but covid changed plans for everything and everyone so now we have likely just wait until after New Years for anything substantial.

Honestly the only thing I’m iffy about right now is how story progression works. Ideally, it’d be similar to the Mystery Dungeon games, where you select a few of those missions in a specific area to do, go out into the area and do them, and once you’re done you go back to Jubilife and do it all over again.

And then after doing this for a bit, a story event occurs (like for example going to calm the raging Kleavor), with the event occurring in a new area and after completing it, that area opens up for normal missions.

But yeah this is all speculation (and wishing) on my part lol

Please note: The thread is from 1 year ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom