• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Pokemon Legends: Arceus General Discussion

I might be overthinking this, but the neck bracelets (?) that both leaders wear and the gems embedded within them remind me of Mega Bracelets and Mega Stones.

The fact that the super futuristic Arceus Phone is present and clearly looks like the Pokémon that the Hisuian people call "Sinnoh" makes me wonder if some time travel shenanigans really are going on... :unsure:
I mean, do they know that the Arc Phone resembles “Sinnoh”?

I imagine the player won't be the only character to see Arceus over the course of the game.
True, but most of the footage from the trailer today was probably from the early game, and I imagine the Arceus plot won’t really kick in in till the mid-late game. So… we just gotta wait some more!

Didn't relize that Cynthia's ancenstor was Volo. Kinda expected someone more important honestly.

Agreed, I think Irida being Cynthia's ancestor would've made a lot more sense.

Interesting that apparently we've got somewhat of a yin-yang dynamic with the Diamond & Pearl Clans and the two don't particularly get along very well. Will we have to take sides and join one of the clans in the story? Or will we eventually get the leaders to come to an understanding?

The feud between the two clans may be disastrous than we think. Both clans eventually figure out a way to summon Dialga and Palkia respectively to prove their side of ideals are right.

The player character will have to summon Arceus to stop the fight and the two clans will arrive at a truce.

Wait, I think I've seen this story before...

The feud between the two clans may be disastrous than we think. Both clans eventually figure out a way to summon Dialga and Palkia respectively to prove their side of ideals are right.

The player character will have to summon Arceus to stop the fight and the two clans will arrive at a truce.

Wait, I think I've seen this story before...

And then Giratina will invade Hisui in the DLC and we'll have to find a way to banish it back to the Distortion World.

Everyone out here being disappointed at Cynthia's ancestor being a 'random merchant'.

Never judge a book by its cover. Never.

Also I don't like the entire trope of ancestors being strong being why you are strong or whatever, (Hence why I would have wished there were no ancestors of existing characters at all) so it's fine if it turns out he's not some demi-god in disguise.

Yeah, Cynthia's ancestor being some random merchant is kinda lame.
It definitely feels like they’re trying to subvert the expectations of the ancestors compared to their descendants’ positions. Kamado is not the professor but rather the leader of Galaxy Expedition that may or may not have become Team Galactic, Arezu is a heroic Warden that protects Pokemon as opposed to the villainous Mars and now we have the humble merchant Volo instead of the strongest trainer in the region Cynthia.

At least that’s my two cents anyways.

Hard disagree. It prove she's champion/strong because of herself, not because of some lineage
I agree, but there’s also the possibility of them pulling a “Ha! You thought I was a lowly merchant? Well I’ll have you know, I’m actually the janitor of the Spear Pillar!” or something like they sort of did with Zinnia.

Finally have a little more time to look into the trailer and these characters.

After drinking coffee, watching the trailer again and looking at the character art, I can now see the similarities between Volkner and Ginter, and Cynthia and Volo. This game seems like it will have a good mix of ancestors and newly designed characters, which is what I was hoping for.

I have a good feeling the Diamond and Pearl Clans and their leaders will play more of a villainous role, and their clash of ideals will be a big part of the story. Honestly I really don't mind this. I've wanted to see the two evil team with opposite beliefs/ideals again for a long time.

I wouldn't be too quick to judge the importance of Volo's role in the story. He might just be a merchant, but he could have more significance. The website says this about him.

"Volo, one of the Ginkgo Guild’s merchants, is often to be found wandering the Hisui region. He has a tendency to cross paths with you no matter where you travel. He’s got a boundless sense of curiosity and is always interested in unusual finds and unusual people."

There's also that clip in the English trailer when he sneaks up behind the player and says boo. He clearly has some personality in his character, and seeing how we'll cross paths with him often, I have a feeling he'll play some more of a role. In that way, he is incredibly similar to his descendant who we see multiple times in the story (in DP and their remakes, I've heard she plays more of a role in Platinum).

Hard disagree. It prove she's champion/strong because of herself, not because of some lineage
Everyone out here being disappointed at Cynthia's ancestor being a 'random merchant'.

Also I don't like the entire trope of ancestors being strong being why you are strong or whatever, (Hence why I would have wished there were no ancestors of existing characters at all) so it's fine if it turns out he's not some demi-god in disguise.
Reminds me of story I'm writing with an internet friend. There are multiple time periods in it, and while many characters like to follow in their ancestors' footsteps, there's one who hates being expected to do so and chooses the complete opposite path in life as a figurative middle finger.

It might be that Arceus is called Sinnoh so that in modern day, ancient texts referring to Sinnoh are mistaken for being about the region, when they are actually referring to a Pokemon.

Or it could be that Sinnoh is the shared name for Dialga/Palkia, and the two clans have not realized the god they worship is actually two different entities-- each dragon revealed itself to each clan and in talking to each other, the clans assumed they were describing the same dragon. Could be the origin of that Dialga/Palkia statue.

I agree on both points, as I mentioned in another thread.

In regards of the trailer, I like the new characters added and the informations given. I don’t mind the idea of Arceus being known as Sinnoh…unless the name change of it and the region are due to the timetravel plot.

I’m certainly quite interested to play the game and discover the plot/lore, but I’ll try to not hype myself too much. But so far, my only gripe with the game remains the graphic/technical side.

Please note: The thread is from 1 year ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom