• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Pokemon Legends: Arceus General Discussion

Oh yeah, I actually would vote against enormous maps due to the amount of time it takes to get across them (I've played a Shin Megami Tensei where it would literally take three hours to cross the map, and there wasn't even that much in it.) But I still hope that Legends' maps are sufficiently large and populated enough, just to give a real sense of exploration and having room to really race that Wyrdeer around. And while I think that they might have the size nailed down... maybe... hopefully... I am also concerned that there's only the one town on the map. I was hoping that was just an over-simplification and that there would be quite a few more villages around, but the fact that we haven't really seen any has grown more concerning. And we haven't seen much variety beyond that, either.

But man, we've got such a great lineup of regions due to be revisited that it would be a damn shame if we didn't get more Legends games for them. Johto has some rich history that could be explored and expanded on, Unova has the original dragon that we've never seen, Kalos had its war... if they continue to shove the boring traditional remakes off onto another company to focus on Legends games and give us more pokemon world history and worldbuilding, I'd be happy! Exploring the world's history just brings so much more depth to the series.
I do think there might be at least two villages we could find and explore, the ones where the two clans would come from. But I’m not going to bet on it.

Agreed. There’s plenty of lore to explore from the Pokémon past, and I figure/hope that after this first ‘try’ at an open map game, the next Legends game would have more abitated areas.

I do think there might be at least two villages we could find and explore, the ones where the two clans would come from. But I’m not going to bet on it.

Agreed. There’s plenty of lore to explore from the Pokémon past, and I figure/hope that after this first ‘try’ at an open map game, the next Legends game would have more abitated areas.
Fwiw it looks like there’s some kind of settlement in the snow area. Snowpoint Village?

D2D4BDA6-6D83-432D-929F-7DEDDD26CD6A.jpeg

Heh, I’m definitely not thinking the clan settlements are going to be nearly as big as Jubilife, unfortunately.

I think/fear that a number of decision, from plots to gameplay to world building, were made to make the development of a much larger game then before, in terms of world map, ‘easier’.

=/ If that's what we can expect of the two clans' villages, I am quite sad.
Honestly I’m fine with it considering I was starting to think Jubilife would be the only town, even if what we see here is a little barren. But knowing this is in I’d be surprised if there isn’t a Celestic precursor of some kind

Heh, I’m definitely not thinking the clan settlements are going to be nearly as big as Jubilife, unfortunately.

I think/fear that a number of decision, from plots to gameplay to world building, were made to make the development of a much larger game then before, in terms of world map, ‘easier’.
Yeeeeah, that's exactly what I'm thinking. It's a bit frustrating because we can see them start to head in the right direction in making a really good, ambitious game, but then they make such half-steps that they never quite get there.

...and the more I look at the water for this game, the more I hate it. Game Freak, if you could improve one part of the world before release, could you just... just fix that, please.

I've finished the translation.

Guy speaking:
"There's still a lot unknown about the road Pokemon and people walk together."
"The Hisui region, which came to be called the Sinnoh region, is home to wild Pokemon. This place isn't glittering/open/known(?????) yet."
"Because of this, there are many humans who keep away from Pokemon."
"Those humans live a live relying on one another."
"This is Kotobuki Town. The story starts here."
Screen thingy saying "Pokemon Investigation/Surveying/Research Expeditions"
Guy speaking:
"Your target is to survey the Pokemon of the Hisui region."
"This is by the Ginga-dan (Galaxy group)'s (headquarters?), where they aim to complete the Pokedex."
"On surveys, you come to a base camp and capture wild Pokemon with a Pokeball."
"But...there are times where you can't capture Pokemon that easily."
"In those times, use the Pokemon you have to battle by calling on your partner."
"There are various Pokemon in the Hisui region."
"There are Pokemon that gather, and some that flee at the sight of you."
"There are also aggressive(????) Pokemon, that are very powerful than you."
"It's important that you know when to run when that happens."
"When you return to the base camp with the Pokemon you've caught, you can rest with your Pokemon."
"Someone who will assist you in your surveys/research expeditions is the Ginga-dan's researcher, Doctor Laben (english name?)."
"He will give you the results of your research, and you can add Pokemon to your Pokedex."
"The (conditions for??) entries in your Pokedex: Number of caught Pokemon, Pokemon seen, and how many seen."
"When you clear those requirements, the Pokedex will begin to fill up."
Screen thingy saying "Preparing for Surveying"
"The place of your research HQ, Kotobuki Town."
"Here you can get ready for your research expeditions."
"You can purchase tools at the general store."
"You can assemble your items here at the craft store to make tools."
"You can put your Pokemon in the pasture (field??)."
"At the clothing store, you can change clothes."
"At the hair salon (haircutters?), you can change your hairstyle."
"If you'd like, you can take commemorative photos with your Pokemon at the photo store."
"And so, in Kotobuki Town, the Ginga-dan in which you work at is (in position????)."
"The Ginga-dan's leader, Denboku (english name?) is here."
"And the research expedition's leader, Shimaboshi (english name?) is here as well."
"When you go on many research expeditions, you can be evaluated(?) here."
"(Because of that???) you can go to many different places."
Screen thingy saying "Special Pokemon"
"In the Hisui region, mysterious and special Pokemon live (something else??)."
"There are special Pokemon that you can ride."
"By borrowing the Pokemon's power, the Expedition group(?) can go to even more places."
"And...the Pokemon that lives on a part of a mountain well away from people called "King".
"With it's (puzzling?) power, it comes out of the ground and runs wildly, and stands before you."
"Against them you can use special items called Shizumedama (control ball?)."
"It can use special attacks/moves."
"With your Pokemon by your side, please try battling them."
"In this vast land, hidden threats lurk...and the phantom Pokemon Arceus..."
"People and Pokemon."
"The beginning of the tale."
"Pokemon Legends: Arceus."

Guy speaking:
"People and Pokémon still don't know the way they can live together."
"The stage is the Hisui region. In this region, which will be known as Sinnoh, the ecology of the Pokémon living in the wild is still unclear."
"Therefore, a lot of humans fear them."
"Those humans gather together and living close to each other, and thus from here, Kotobuki (Jubilife) Village, the story will begin."
Screen thingy saying "Pokemon Research"
Guy speaking:
"Your target is to survey the Pokemon of the Hisui region."
"You'll be a part of Galaxy Team, an organisation which is responsible for the research of this region, and aim to complete the PokéDex."
"Your start your research at the base camp, and capture wild Pokémon with Poké Balls."
"But, not all Pokémon is easily captured like that."
"In those times, using the Pokémon you have to battle and weaken your opponent is one way to capture them."
"Pokémon living in the Hisui region also have different behaviours."
"For example, Pokémon that gather in a herd, and some that will immediately flee when they sense your presence."
"In contrast, there are also Pokémon that will attack you vigorously."
"Among them, there'll be Pokémon that's far more powerful than you. So it's also important to know when to run away so you'll be able to do more researches."
"You can heal your hurt Pokémon at the base camp."
"Someone who will assist you in your surveys/research expeditions is the Galaxy Team's researcher, Professor Laventon."
"When you report your research result to him, you'll be able to add information to the PokéDex."
"To record the info, there are various condition to complete like number caught or number a certain move was seen."
"The content will enrichen with the completion of each category."
Screen thingy saying "Preparing for Surveying"
"The place of your research HQ, Kotobuki (Jubilife) Village."
"Here you can get ready for your research expeditions."
"You can purchase tools at the general store."
"You can make tools with materials you've gathered at the craft store."
"You can entrust Pokémon that you've caught in the pasture."
"At the clothing store, you can change clothes."
"At the hairdresser, you can change your hairstyle."
"If you'd like, you can take commemorative photos with your Pokemon at the photo store."
"Jubilife Village is also where the Galaxy Team, in which you work at, is basing their activity at."
"The Galaxy Team's leader, Kamado is here."
"And the research expedition's leader, Cylenne is here as well."
"By going on many research expeditions, your rating as a team member will increase."
"And thus you'll be able to go to areas you've never been before and widen your research scope."
Screen thingy saying "Special Pokemon"
"In the Hisui region, there are some special Pokemon who received a mysterious blessing."
"Some of those special Pokemon will be available for you to ride."
"By borrowing the Pokemon's power, your expedition's scope will widen even more."
"And...the Pokémon called "King" that's being revered by people in Hisui region."
"Receiving a mysterious power, they suddenly start rampaging and stand before you."
"Against them you can use special items called Shizumedama (Balm)."
"While dodging their powerful attacks, you'll have to battle them with your Pokémon by your side."
"In this vast land, a wild threats lurk...and the mythical Pokémon Arceus is..."
"The tale of People and Pokémon in the Hisui region."
"This is the beginning of that tale."
"Pokémon Legends: Arceus."

New art found on Nintendo of Japan:
FId7sf8XMAQa1AS

I think they are finally beginning to bring Dialga and Palkia into the plot, now that BDSP is out.
I just hope they don't play too big a role in the story, it would suck if Arceus got like, shafted to the sidelines by doing nothing untill the final boss while Dialga and Palkia are the ones who do things in the rest of the game.

If the Legends Starters are in the Dex and also need to be filled out, that might suggest that certain criteria also apply to your Pokemon. Which makes things like seeing a Shinx use Bite 25 times a lot easier if you using it counts.

I mean it makes sense: it's still a Shinx that is using a move, wheter wild or not, so it would make sense it still counts, and not making it count would only make it unnecesarily hard to complete entries.

First bigger conversation I've seen here for a while

Hopefully Arceus plays a big role instead of Dialga/Palkia. Also, I know it might be a little too late, but I'm glad that the Pokémon series now has a combat system kinda like Breath of the Wild

So, do you think we are going to get an English version of that overview trailer? On one hand it would be weird to release the two at different times when the trailers were always same time everywhere. But on the other hand it would be weird for us to just... not get one at all.
I'm not quite sure if we'll get an English version of that overview trailer specifically, but we will likely see an English overview trailer closer to the release of the game. I looked back for overview trailers for BDSP and an English one was released less than a week before the game came out. I also seem to recall a Japanese overview trailer releasing earlier than that for BDSP, but for some reason my search turned up nothing.

I mean it makes sense: it's still a Shinx that is using a move, wheter wild or not, so it would make sense it still counts, and not making it count would only make it unnecesarily hard to complete entries.

To be fair, you can choose to complete it by seeing it use Bite 25 times, but you don't have to. The example with Shinx shown on the official site clearly shows that.

gameplay_pokedex_3.jpg

We don't know yet, but let's assume that the tasks with red ^ mark gives 2 points for each check mark since it looks like that. That means you can complete it by catching it 15 times, seeing it use Quick Attack 25 times, or combination of some tasks. As long as you get 10 points, the entry is considered as completed. Actually, in theory you can encounter Shinx only once while still be able to complete its entry. Just see it use Quick Attack once (2 points), catch it (2 points), and evolve it (2 points), and you'll already have 6 points. Stalling and waiting for it to use Quick Attack 5 more times (4 points) or Quick Attack 2 more times (2 points) and Bite 3 times (2 points) in the same battle will grant you the sum of 10 points.

Of course this isn't true for all Pokémon. The recent overview trailer shows the tasks for Wurmple. With the same 10 points for completion, this one is much harder to complete in one encounter.

l5Imz3z.png

It has:
  • Number caught
  • Number of light-weighted one caught
  • Number caught without being noticed
  • Number defeated
  • Number seen using "Dokubari"
  • Number evolved

うわ〜!僕の翻訳より多分正解と思う。いつ日本語を勉強して始めた?
いや~間違いもまだ多いかもね。いつ…かな(笑)約15年前?勉強しなかった時期も多いけど。。。

l5Imz3z.png

It has:
  • Number caught
  • Number of light-weighted one caught
  • Number caught without being noticed
  • Number defeated
  • Number seen using "Dokubari"
  • Number evolved
Huh really? The yellow horn on the back of the head thing made me sure one would involve seeing both forms. Now i am extra curious what that whole thing is/was about

Huh really? The yellow horn on the back of the head thing made me sure one would involve seeing both forms. Now i am extra curious what that whole thing is/was about

Yeah, that's curious. Although it could simply just be a miscoloured model. Guess we'll have to wait for the datamine.

Please note: The thread is from 1 year ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom