• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Pokemon Legends: Arceus General Discussion

The anime still draws lore and material from the games.
The remakes don't exist in the same way like I said. Sure they pick and choose things to put in the anime to advertise the games (having characters like Lyra and Todd show up, diffrent outfits, whatever is going on with Hisui, etc.), but if Elm discovered eggs in Gen 2, then he still discovered eggs in the anime. The anime pulls from Gen 1 - 8 as a whole and ignores the games's off handed multiverse angle that was set up in ORAS

That also still doesn't mean he wasn't researching eggs in the Remake timeline, he just wasn't the first one to discover that pokemon lay them. So who's to say there isn't eggs in ancient times, but he was the first to modernize the research past "oops, all eggs." Because reading through Elm's and Mr. Pokemon's HGSS dialog, it's sounds like he's still knowledgeable about eggs but he had never seen a Togepi egg before due to them being from elsewhere.

Besides the trading post has a Togepi on the banner. It just seems a little suspicious that they'd have the literal poster-mon for pokemon eggs as a logo for a simple trading outpost. I mean it could be nothing, or it could be hinting at something like a breeding side hustle. Maybe you just get random mystery eggs. Maybe you need eggs for research. There's still a lot of unanswered questions with that stand.

We might have been introduced to them ages ago but something I just realized: All the Ginkgo Guild members have blonde hair, Volo, Ginter (Although his is technically gray he is Volkers ancestor so it's safe to assume it was originally blonde) and even the nameless npc standing next to Ginter you actually buy stuff from has blonde hair (I think, it's a weird shade). I doubt it means literally anything, but I haven't seen anyone else mention this so figured I'd say it.

We might have been introduced to them ages ago but something I just realized: All the Ginkgo Guild members have blonde hair, Volo, Ginter (Although his is technically gray he is Volkers ancestor so it's safe to assume it was originally blonde) and even the nameless npc standing next to Ginter you actually buy stuff from has blonde hair (I think, it's a weird shade). I doubt it means literally anything, but I haven't seen anyone else mention this so figured I'd say it.
Those are clearly Arceus clan. This is why all share white and golden colors.

Maybe they're supposed to be foreigners from some unknown region? Germany, Italy, Russia, Switzerland, who knows.

I mean with all the "this isn't my home region" stuff Cynthia has pulled over the years it wouldn't surprise me that she has dual citizenship because of her great, great grandfather.

Those are clearly Arceus clan. This is why all share white and golden colors.
While I do suspect that Volo probably knows something about Arceus I don't think them all being an Arceus clan makes much sense, mostly because their guild name has nothing to do with arceus and we know how much Gamefreak like their names for things to mean stuff.

Maybe they're supposed to be foreigners from some unknown region? Germany, Italy, Russia, Switzerland, who knows.

I mean with all the "this isn't my home region" stuff Cynthia has pulled over the years it wouldn't surprise me that she has dual citizenship because of her great, great grandfather.
Interesting idea, seems hard to be a traveling merchant guild if you're only traveling through Hisui. Although i doubt it would be the blonde hair that Signifies that with Irida also being blonde but clearly being a native.

Edit: The Ginkgo guild is also named after the nut of a tree found in China which might also point towards being foreigners

Last edited:
Interesting idea, seems hard to be a traveling merchant guild if you're only traveling through Hisui. Although i doubt it would be the blonde hair that Signifies that with Irida also being blonde but clearly being a native.

Edit: The Ginkgo guild is also named after the nut of a tree found in China which might also point towards being foreigners

Either Irida is just a blonde hair blue eyes anime girl trope, or she could also be half Galarian/Kalosian/some other European region and Poké-Ainu. She seems kind of young, so maybe she just recently took over the Pearl Clan due to the technicality of being the former head's only child.

There's also a ton of ginkgo trees that have been cultivated in Europe too. So I still think the traders could still very well be European in some way.

While I do suspect that Volo probably knows something about Arceus I don't think them all being an Arceus clan makes much sense, mostly because their guild name has nothing to do with arceus and we know how much Gamefreak like their names for things to mean stuff.

Gingko tree also apparently symbolises peace and longevity, so I think the symbolism they're going for is unity... which would make being the Arceus clan not far off.

Gingko tree also apparently symbolises peace and longevity, so I think the symbolism they're going for is unity... which would make being the Arceus clan not far off.
Huh, didnt realise that one. Either way expecting Volo to be the one to tell the player that fact if that is the case. Not because he is Cynthias ancestor but because Ginter seemingly just sits there all day instead of doing anything.

It's already been confirmed that Ginko Guild is from a different region in the Japanese site. IDK why, but the English site is lacking in many details this time around (or has it always been like that?).

It's already been confirmed that Ginko Guild is from a different region in the Japanese site. IDK why, but the English site is lacking in many details this time around (or has it always been like that?).
The English site is missing many details from the Japanese site. And the Japanese trailers always have the more interesting shots that the English trailers cut. It's weird.

Like in the Japanese trailers you can actually get somewhat of an idea of the personalities of the wardens. And only the Japanese trailer had the Arc Phone shot back when we first learned about that. They just dropped it on the website for us.

You guys think PLA will have some sort of plot twist? Like we keep thinking it was Arceus all along but it was actually some new Pokémon or even crazier, Cyrus when he succeeded in making a new universe.

You guys think PLA will have some sort of plot twist? Like we keep thinking it was Arceus all along but it was actually some new Pokémon or even crazier, Cyrus when he succeeded in making a new universe.
I think I kinda expect the plot to have some sort of drama with the legendaries and then the ultimate villain turns out to be some human trying to control them or something. Like usual.

or even crazier, Cyrus when he succeeded in making a new universe.

I actually saw a few people suggest this might be the story when the game was first revealed and at that point it seemed likely but the more info we’ve got the less I think that’s the case personally.

I think a lot of the story will be derived from changing peoples’ views that Pokémon are just scary monsters to liking Pokémon- that could include human “villains” being behind the frenzied nobles/alphas somehow. I wouldn’t be surprised if it turns out that certain members of the Galaxy team are revealed to be the villains - setting up for modern Sinnoh’s team Galactic.

Personally, I feel like they'll pull having someone you least expect be the baddies twist again. Like watch one or both clans be kind of a divine equivalent to Aqua and Magma but instead of land and water they're playing with time and space and they're fighting over what the one true Sinnoh is so they can control its respective powers.

The fact that everyone seems to think Kamado is evil due to him wearing a black and gold kimono just makes it way too obvious that he isn't evil.

Personally, I feel like they'll pull having someone you least expect be the baddies twist again. Like watch one or both clans be kind of a divine equivalent to Aqua and Magma but instead of land and water they're playing with time and space and they're fighting over what the one true Sinnoh is so they can control its respective powers.

The fact that everyone seems to think Kamado is evil due to him wearing a black and gold kimono just makes it way too obvious that he isn't evil.
The black and gold kimono reasoning is kind of stupid, but he is in one of the more likely positions to be bad. Consider the last two gens, we had Lusamine and then Rose... the trend lately has been making powerful friends into the bad guy. Kamado is also the ancestor of a professor, meaning there's even more incentive to make him evil as a twist.

That said, I think Cyllene is protected since her descendant is a villain, so her also being a villain would be too predictable.

But Volo also ranks high to me as a potential plot twist villain. His vibe is too friendly and fun, they want us to get attached to him. Plus again, there's incentive for that ancestor/descendant alignment mismatch happening for him too.

I dunno. No one thus far other than Volo really screams "EVIL" like how Aether Foundation did during when they got revealed in SM.

But if the general tropes of ancestors are used, which they likely do, expect Kamado and Volo to be borderline evil, and Cyllene to be on the good guy side of things.

I honestly don’t know if Kamado is going to be evil. I do think that the design they picked for his clothes, colour-wise, is to recall Giratina…as the trio of leaders of their respective clan and leaders resemble Arceus’ sons: whether his resemblance will have an actual relevance to the plot or not, it’s to be seen.

I do hope, in any case, that all three dragon legendaries will have a role in the game. One of the things I don’t like about BDSP is how they left Giratina on the sideline. While I had my problems with ORAS, at least all three members of the weather trio had their time in the spotlight.

Please note: The thread is from 1 year ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom