• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Pokemon Legends: Arceus General Discussion

I appreciate the effort of trying to keep it secret, but the games have been consistenly datamined 1 week before release since 2014 and they still take the risk? Speculation is less fun when many already know the answer.

The graphics looks neat, specially those at the end of the video.
It's better to hold out and give those people who don't look at leaks some suprises than to reveal everything about the game for everyone before release just because dataminers exist.

It's better to hold out and give those people who don't look at leaks some suprises than to reveal everything about the game for everyone before release just because dataminers exist.
Eh... I actually agree that they should've done this tease a bit earlier. Datamine aside, it would've owed more time for speculation before release day, more time for artist interpretations... more time for chatter and hype. And then an official reveal on release day so people can make informed choices about what starter they pick would have been ideal.

As it is now... you've got exactly three days to be excited over some silhouettes before the game releases. Whoo. What suspense.

Apparently we also have official art silhouette of the starters' final evo now.
On one hand we get silhouettes too late for people avoiding spoilers to speculate and make more abominations like acorn duck.

On the other hand oh thank Arceus the offical art shows Decidueye's arm/bottom half of its wing. So many people were upset over the smaller cape.I saw one person say it looked like it had clipped wings and that it was in pain.

Review scores are out!
Reviews seem pretty favourable but people are still doubtful
I read through some of the replys in that and... man I knew people werent big fans of pokemon these days but I didn't realise how little hope some people have for pokemon. Just automatically assuming the user reviews are going to be bad (despite the critic reviews which is fair, critics are weird with their ratings.)

I read through some of the replys in that and... man I knew people werent big fans of pokemon these days but I didn't realise how little hope some people have for pokemon. Just automatically assuming the user reviews are going to be bad (despite the critic reviews which is fair, critics are weird with their ratings.)
You know nobody hates Pokemon more than Pokemon fans. I'd expect a review bombing once the game comes out because the graphics don't look good. [Which they don't but still]

You know nobody hates Pokemon more than Pokemon fans. I'd expect a review bombing once the game comes out because the graphics don't look good. [Which they don't but still]
Yeah... Like i get criticizing the games graphics sure, because they objectively aren't the greatest. But a concerning number of people seem to have the mindset that a game physically cant be fun and enjoyable if the graphics aren't good enough.

Yeah... Like i get criticizing the games graphics sure, because they objectively aren't the greatest. But a concerning number of people seem to have the mindset that a game physically cant be fun and enjoyable if the graphics aren't good enough.
I really don't like review comments using the "I don't like it, so anyone who likes it is wrong" argument in the reviews of some 3DS/Switch era Pokémon games that have gotten good review scores.

I remember telling someone once (who was ranting a bit about how terrible Pokémon games are) that I’m about gameplay over graphics so it doesn’t bother me, they then tried to convince me that graphics are inherently gameplay so I couldn’t possible find any Pokémon games fun to play.

Had to walk away from that dumpster fire of a conversation as it was obvious that this person’s view on games was so far apart from mine we’d never agree on anything.

Looking through review summaries, graphics seem to be the biggest blemish of the game. But for me, gameplay is much more important - And looking at that aspect in reviews, that's the biggest strength it supposedly has.

I totally applaud that if it really is true, because I've always wanted a fresh take to the mainline series over the stale game loop that Pokemon games have had. I always check truly honest user reviews before buying, though.

Looking through review summaries, graphics seem to be the biggest blemish of the game. But for me, gameplay is much more important - And looking at that aspect in reviews, that's the biggest strength it supposedly has.

I totally applaud that if it really is true, because I've always wanted a fresh take to the mainline series over the stale game loop that Pokemon games have had. I always check truly honest user reviews before buying, though.

Putting my main reply in spoiler tags just in case, but other than commenting on “normal” players opinion of the gameplay, there is no real spoiler info if you click on it

Most people who have played the game early have the same opinion as the official reviewers when it comes to gameplay. It seems to scratch the itch that a lot of long-time Pokémon players have had. [\spoilers]

I’ve watched around 7 different reviews and they pretty much all day that too. From what I could see in the limited gameplay though showed it does look really good, in fact so good I’m worried I won’t be able to enjoy future games if catching Pokémon/exploring isn’t like this.

I wonder how long it would take to truly 100% the game, as in not just completing enough tasks to finish all the data on Pokedex pages. But actually fully completing every single Pokedex task for every single Pokémon.

Similarly, I wonder how long speedruns will take.
Could you even speed run it without hacking in a way to teleport straight to the end though?

Like if it takes 20-something hours to do the main story without the sidequests...it will be hard to widdle that down even more due to how the game is structured.

I wonder how long it would take to truly 100% the game, as in not just completing enough tasks to finish all the data on Pokedex pages. But actually fully completing every single Pokedex task for every single Pokémon.

That's what I'm planning to do, so I'll tell you when I've finished doing it. (Though I'm sure someone will have that done before me)

Please note: The thread is from 1 year ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom