• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Pokemon Legends: Arceus General Discussion

Probably not Friday, they would've announced it for that day if it were happening. Right now we just get the music video that day and probably nothing else. If it doesn't happen on Pokemon Day itself, it'll probably happen on the 28th or 1st.
It's mostly an assumption based off the fact that people usually have Sunday off but it does make more sense.

Why would that preclude an announcement?

It doesn't outright rule out the possibility, but Nintendo and Pokemon typically don't air their presentations on weekends. In fact usually they air them Tuesday, Wednesday, or Thursday. I assume this is out of convenience for people's school/work schedules. Do you want to be the poor SOB that has to run the presentation or upload social media posts on your weekend?

Also, I feel like tomorrow is just going to be an announcement for the March online tournament where you get shiny Galarian Zapdos. Maybe a new wild area raid event if we're lucky. Either that or Pokemon Gun is real. Who knows at this point.

We're not getting Gun. They explicitly said that the Expansion Pass is a substitute for what we would usually get in a third version. SwSh is probably done aside from more distributions and Max Raid events. If there's going to be any major announcement for new main game content my money's on LA DLC (BDSP DLC, Let's Go Johto, and Gen 9 are also possibilities but I see them as less likely). And whatever that is is probably going to be later on sometime between the 27th and the 1st.

Last edited:
It doesn't outright rule out the possibility, but Nintendo and Pokemon typically don't air their presentations on weekends. In fact usually they air them Tuesday, Wednesday, or Thursday. I assume this is out of convenience for people's school/work schedules. Do you want to be the poor SOB that has to run the presentation or upload social media posts on your weekend?
Depends on what kind of overtime they're offering :p

Depends on what kind of overtime they're offering :p

It might not matter if they're being overworked in general, being asked to work overtime regardless of pay might be exhausting. They might be more willing to because it's Pokemon and they might be fans of the series, but even then, I wouldn't want to ask my employees to work overtime unless it was absolutely necessary.

We're not getting Gun. They explicitly said that the Expansion Pass is a substitute for what we would usually get in a third version. SwSh is probably done aside from more distributions and Max Raid events. If there's going to be any major announcement for new main game content my money's on LA DLC (BDSP DLC, Let's Go Johto, and Gen 9 are also possibilities but I see them as less likely). And whatever that is is probably going to be later on sometime between the 27th and the 1st.
I know were not getting Gun. I was making a joke about people having high expectations and thinking were getting something bigger than what we actually are. Probably should have added /s to make it clearer.

I mean I still think were going to get Legends DLC. But at the same time I also don't think we're getting much in terms of SWSH anymore outside of distributions, tournaments, and max raids.

Best case scenario we get wild area news with Pokemon currently not coded in the game, worst case scenario we get an event Pikachu with Water Gun. I don't get why some say it could be a reminder of the International Challenges when the announcement of those barely get attention and it wouldn't count as news.

It's left ambiguous in the image whether "Pokemon Day" means something or not, but we all know a Sunday with news is unlikely, so I'm gonna keep my hopes low. They do need to announce Home updated and new spin-offs but for whatever reason they could announce them later.

I vaguely recall that the original Surfing Pikachu for Yellow had Water Gun in addition to Surf? I'm pretty sure, anyway. The Nintendo Power one.
Doesn't seem to have been the case? I searched around a bit and couldn't find any evidence of Pikachu ever getting Water Gun as an event move or otherwise.

This is what I was remembering-- it doesn't specify water gun, but does say it knew or could learn other water type moves? Not sure what specifically.
EdYiAK5VcA0rFGo

I expect BDSP to receive HOME compatibility (even though it's way overdue for one).

Wait thinking about it there's something that nobody really expects, some sort of sequel in the Legends line. I know, it's much too early to start dev stuff on a sequel (maybe?? probably, I don't know), but instead of DLC, another Legends announcement??

Will it happen? Prolly not lol.
Absolutely not. That'll be out 2-3 years at minimum.

Eh... it's Pokemon Day week, so a DLC announcement around now wouldn't be weird. More likely on Pokemon Day itself, though.
It's way too early, though, the game's only a month old. They want people buying the game now, not waiting a couple months for the DLC to come out.

Please note: The thread is from 1 year ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom