• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Legends Z-A Pokemon Legends Z-A General Speculation & Discussion

The thing is though

It literally cannot be set in the past, since that means it blocks out all the pre-gen 6 and gen 6 Pokemon that were in the Kalos dex and didn't get a Mega, from getting a Mega in this game as well, since they literally cannot explain why they did have a Mega in the past, but not present/future (XY) and it wouldn't sit well with the community if no Kalos mon gets no Mega in a Kalos based game.

So that means it only can be a futuristic setting and any new Mega for a past/gen 6 Pokemon, can simply be explained by it being a new discovery.
Of course it could be set in the past. They could explain it by the corresponding mega stones simply not being obtainible in the modern day for some reason or another. If ORAS was allowed to introduce new megas there's no reason PLZA can't.

I am very much hoping to see some megas for post Gen 6 Pokemon. Or even Gen 6 or 5 Pokemon, frankly. Diancie is the only Gen 6 Pokemon to have a mega, and Audino is the only Gen 5 Pokemon to have one.

Also, Falinks needs to be in this game. It just fits so well into Kalos!

It seems that we're taking the series' consistency at face value, after all, it GF was consistent, then any game remake shouldn't have Pokémon introduced in the following generations after the remade game, yet they have, pretty much to keep them up to date for the competitive scene.

Adding to this, they pulled a "they migrated elsewhere lmao" retcon with the Hisuian forms so they could appear on SV after everybody assumed them to go extinct, which drives my following point.

We're revisiting Kalos, the region that launched Mega Evolution, and Megas are coming back after a decade, so GF has some plans for this either in the form of introducing new megas, giving them to neglected mons (Looking at ya, Flygon), expanding on Megas as a whole in lore and gameplay and then making this stuff available again in Gen X, pretty much how PLA mons made it into SV.

After all, I see this new game as a way to compensate Gen 6's unusually short generational span and give back missing/cut content while adding new stuff, given the curious emphasis on Zygarde in the logo. Just my opinion tho.

Last edited:
My completely random guess for the starters: chikorita, piplup, and scorbunny. No rhyme or reason. I just like the feel of that trio. If Megas really are the focus for this game, I could see regional forms being forgone in favor of mega evolutions for the starter trio.

It seems that we're taking the series' consistency at face value, after all, it GF was consistent, then any game remake shouldn't have Pokémon introduced in the following generations after the remade game, yet they have, pretty much to keep them up to date for the competitive scene.

After all, they pulled a "they migrated elsewhere lmao" retcon with the Hisuian forms so they could appear on SV after everybody assumed them to go extinct, which drives my following point.

We're revisiting Kalos, the region that launched Mega Evolution, and Megas are coming back after a decade, so GF has some plans for this either in the form of introducing new megas, giving them to neglected mons (Looking at ya, Flygon), expanding on Megas as a whole in lore and gameplay and then making this stuff available again in Gen X, pretty much how PLA mons made it into SV.

After all, I see this new game as a way to compensate Gen 6's unusually short generational span and give back missing/cut content while adding new stuff, given the curious emphasis on Zygarde in the logo. Just my opinion tho.
I do think that Gen X (which I think will drop in late 2025) will bring Megas back so that any new Megas ZA added can be used in a competitive setting.

I do think that Gen X (which I think will drop in late 2025) will bring Megas back so that any new Megas ZA added can be used in a competitive setting.
If Gen X brings back Z-A Megas, then that would be a signal Gen X could potentially bring new Megas too and expand the roster for the comp scene.

If this is true, let 'em cook.

While I very much think it could a coincidence, I think last year's HTOAZ trailer had a pretty good hint towards the starters of this game being Piplup, Snivy and Torchic, which makes sense given their France connections.

I feel like Piplup and Torchic are too similar for them both to be starters, not only are they both birds but honestly they are fairly similar birds too. Piplups body is a little longer and it has arms but other than that they both have the "Two circles with talons on the bottom" thing going on
One's a chicken and one's a penguin, though.

I think Torchic would be a a waste given that it has a Mega already, and if the starters are getting Megas, i think new ones would make more sense for marketing purposes. Doubt Mega Blaziken would create as much hype as another old fire starter that hasn't gotten a Mega yet getting one.

Last edited:
Serperior - Rose of Versailles. Very obvious. Could become some kind of Princess type design if they keep up the Royalty theme

I think the correct term is fleur-de-lis, and not Rose of Versailles, which refers only to the Japanese manga whose protagonist is Queen of France Marie Antoinette.

However, the fleur-de-lis was primarily the symbol of the Bourbon monarchy and, during the Napoleonic Empire, it was replaced by the Napoleonic Eagle. Therefore, even though it might have been used occasionally after this, it was not the official symbol of the French state during the Haussmann's renovation of Paris.

Still, as a way to represent the French monarchy, in a broader sense, and even the French state itself, I believe the use of Serperior is plausible.

Empoleon - Napoleon. Very obvious. Maybe he could turn into some kind of Army General (like most people were expecting Quaxly to evolve into?)

Considering that the ruler of France at that time (Haussmann's renovation of Paris) was Napoleon III, I believe the use of Empoleon as a Pokémon Starter is highly likely.

Cinderace - The French love Soccer and also Rabbits. No idea what's regional variant could possibly look like tho.

Blaziken - Rooster is the National French Bird
Could grow wings and become more bird like?

I don't think they would make Kalos (France) share the initial of Galar (England), I believe the symbolism would not fit with the opinion of the citizens of those places. Lol.

I would bet on Blaziken.

OBS: Everything was said, primarily, based on the game being set in the 19th century, which may not be the case, Lol.

Last edited:
I think Megas will make a permanent return and this the way of reintroducing them, of all the battle gimmicks its the only one anyone has been calling for to make a return. No one is calling out for, Dynamax or Terastalisation.

Maybe it's taken them 12 years to come up with a design for Mega Flygon?

I think Megas will make a permanent return and this the way of reintroducing them, of all the battle gimmicks its the only one anyone has been calling for to make a return. No one is calling out for, Dynamax or Terastalisation.

Maybe it's taken them 12 years to come up with a design for Mega Flygon?
I think that Megas will at the very least be in the Gen 10 games only so that any new Megas introduced in ZA can be used in a competitive setting.

Back
Top Bottom