• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Masters Pokémon Masters General Discussion Thread

Really? Maybe. I live in Canada and I saw on the app store already.

A preview of the game from Eurogamer which also goes into detail about some various stuff for the game including how microtransactions will work out and how to unlock Sync Pairs amongst other stuff:
Pokémon Masters is a promising, battle-focused take on the series

Also the game is indeed up for pre-order on the App Store alongside a release date: August 29th. Whether this'll still hold up will depend once the Twitter account gets around to revealing the date.

Last edited:
Also, I wonder how they'll try and justify Team Break trying to attack a region completely filled with the world's strongest opponents. Unless they have some very strong legendary or something, it seems like a really stupid idea for them.

I have a strong suspicion that the tournament organizers are in league with this "Team Break", and that they've lured the world's strongest trainers to the island for the purpose of relieving them of their Pokémon.

So it really is a gacha game, but with human characters instead of Pokemon. :lapras:

Well, I don’t mind at all personally! I’m excited at the prospect of having all of my favourite Pokemon characters in one game and having them team up together.

I know what gacha entails but I’m incredibly patient with saving up whatever in-game currency I can get for free. :whistle:

Has there been an official confirmation about whether Masters is OFFLINE playable?

Last edited:
So it really is a gacha game, but with human characters instead of Pokemon. :lapras:

Well, I don’t mind at all personally! I’m excited at the prospect of having all of my favourite Pokemon characters in one game and having them team up together.

I know what gacha entails but I’m incredibly patient with saving up whatever in-game currency I can get for free. :whistle:
I've also played gacha games by saving up the in-game currency. I'm only hoping that the champions aren't locked behind some near-impossible mission.

I have a strong suspicion that the tournament organizers are in league with this "Team Break", and that they've lured the world's strongest trainers to the island for the purpose of relieving them of their Pokémon.

This is some kind of "And Then There Were None" or "DanganRonpa" premises right here, chief. Are you saying Monokuma is the leader of this villainous organization?

Here are the four other videos from the same series as the above:

View: https://youtu.be/mwZ5THSm8lA

View: https://youtu.be/2fgAkufnFqI

View: https://youtu.be/fRaplqd_VtQ

How to Play Pokémon Masters | Training: Part 2

In addition to confirming several more sync pairs, we now have visual evidence that Trainers can use later stages of their partner’s evolutionary line without wearing the Sygna Suit (e.g., How Hilda has Emboar). The confirmed Sync Pairs are the following:

1. Lt. Surge and Voltorb
  2. Winona and Pelipper
  3. Hau and Alolan Raichu
  4. Flint and Infernape
  5. Lyra and Chikorita
  6. Lorelei and Lapras
  7. Marlon and Carracosta
  8. Maylene and Meditite
  9. Hilbert and Samurott
  10. Olivia and Lycanroc (Midnight form)
  11. Drake and Salamence
  12. Brawly and Makuhita
  13. Koga and Crobat
(Note: For simplicity’s sake, I’ve only listed the Pokémon seen in the trailers. As stated before, trainers do have access to their partner‘s evolutions)

Some other points of note:
  1. Each trainer specializes in one move type (e.g., Electric for Scottie/Bettie) and one of three roles, those being Strike, Support, and Tech. Strike acts as offense, Support provides buffs, and Tech specializes in status inflictions and debuffs.
  2. Evolution occurs after completing a sync pair story for that specific trainer.
  3. TMs are available for this game.
  4. Pokémon can learn passive skills that activate when a battle starts.
  5. Stars impact a Pokemon’s maximum level. Star Power-Ups are used to increase the number of stars a Sync Pair has.

If that wasn’t enough to process, GameXplain got to play the game and interview the developers. Here’s their discussion and some of the new information learned:

I’m hoping that will be the case. After all, Lt. Surge has the Voltorb line and Hau has Raichu’s Alola form. There shouldn’t be anything preventing the player from accessing Kanto Raichu.

Back
Top Bottom