• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Pokemon Radio on Twitter

There are also many people who do not consider the radio show... I spend my time to explain the radio show in all the forums I visit but many french fans of the anime pokemon do not even consider this as official.

It doesn't have to be canon to be entertaining for them.
It IS canon.

It is? Could you please tell me where it was told that it's canon? Thanks.

I'd like to know this as well. Mima's a sound engineer, not one of the show's writers. I don't consider a media canon unless the show's writers were directly attached to it.

I'd like to know this as well. Mima's a sound engineer, not one of the show's writers. I don't consider a media canon unless the show's writers were directly attached to it.

The shows writers approved the script each week. Mima said so himself.

Where on Earth did you hear that?

Not to mention we're talking about kinds of approval. When I say approved, I mean someone read over the script each week, made recommendations of what to change, then Mima wrote the final script. (Of what little of the show is actually scripted.)

For Pokemon Live, I highly doubt anyone involved with show looked over an English script. I'm guessing the approval process went like this:

4Kids: We want to make a live stage show and have lots of money to throw at it.
Shopro: Okay. Good luck with that.

Where on Earth did you hear that?

I think she means that when Pokemon Live was produced the writing staff saw it, basically said, "Ok" and that's about it. It's obvious they weren't going to shoot down something that was just a dub production, same reason 4kids was allowed to make those awful Pokeshipping songs and the writers didn't care.

Pokemon Live implies that Delia and Oak are dating...I sure as hell know the Japanese writers never intended for that to be.

https://twitter.com/rica_matsumoto3/status/251737091489288192

Official confirmation that the show will indeed be airing on airing on Sunday. Rica will finally be the guest! :party:
*dance + somersault + shriek* Sooo happy about this. I admit to having a tiny fit when the show just "ended" without Rica Matsumoto making an appearance :D

Kinda questionable advertizing strategy though, maybe? They all but spelled out that they were done during the last airing, plus there's nothing about this week's show on their Twitter even though it's Saturday already. Sure, everything was suspiciously sudden and there were vague implications that we're getting a 2nd season someday, but compared to the very in-your-face advertisement prior to the show's premiere, it seems to take quite bit of searching and looking-in-the-right-places to be aware of this development. Then again, I don't have a clue about radio shows, much less Japanese ones, so maybe people are used to being pushed back and forth and have learned to hedge their bets by double-checking radio schedules...

Jeshi said:
If they don't understand that they have emotions, they've been never real fans to begin with.

Stop right there. You do not get to go around and tell people what does and what doesn't make them "real fans." Some fans like the way the Rocket trio's depicted in Best Wishes!, and some don't. Both opinions are equally valid, and disagreeing with one or the other does not make anyone any "less of a fan."

Umm, learn Japanese?

Not everyone has the time or the desire to learn a whole other language, especially for something as silly as a Pokemon radio show. For many fans, learning Japanese is just not feasible with everything else they've got going on.

Silktree said:
So what was the point of saying that the season ended with the latest episode?

Maybe last week's episode really was intended to be the final one but the show got renewed at the last minute? *shrugs*

The very last thing they say in the broadcast is, One day we will definitely come back! I have a feeling it was all just last-minute decision making; they probably announced it would be their last show Sunday but some executive made the decision Monday morning. Or Smash aired their content in the morning, they got an afternoon OK, and they didn't have time to change anything so it went to air as-is.
I don't think they were trying to fool kids. They were doing some cutthroat advertising mixed with some uncertainty, probably. And there's no real way to know popularity without live ratings, so they may have been waiting for those. It's pretty damn impressive that they've announced the show was ending and the Twitter hasn't dipped drastically in followers. People want it! So they feel like they should deliver!

And something you have to remember, guys: writers on shows can change, and they do change often. I'm sure there have been a great number of writers that have been through Pokemon, and only a handful have been their since the beginning. I'm not sure how precise the sources for "canon" get, but you really can't base it on "these certain writers say so" because those certain writers may have worked on it for a year and then moved on.

I wish I had time to translate more for everyone, but, y'know, life gets in the way...

And something you have to remember, guys: writers on shows can change, and they do change often. I'm sure there have been a great number of writers that have been through Pokemon, and only a handful have been their since the beginning. I'm not sure how precise the sources for "canon" get, but you really can't base it on "these certain writers say so" because those certain writers may have worked on it for a year and then moved on.

Most of the writers of the current anime have been on the show for years, many since the very beginning.

Most of the writers of the current anime have been on the show for years, many since the very beginning.
I do know a lot of them have been on the show for years. I'm just saying that if you want to get down to brass tacks about canon based on who's written what, it doesn't really work that way. Head writers, maybe. Writers in general, notsomuch.

Anywho. What segments in the show did you like, and which ones would you have replaced with something new?
I actually like the drawing and the music quizzes a lot. I also love the QQ tests, and hope they have more. The uploads are always fantastic, and I kind of wish we got uploads during the week, too. Maybe, like, just one. The only thing that sometimes bugs me will be when a guest doesn't really quite get how to play along with the format... I can't say there's really been a segment I disliked.

This news certainly calls for a big party! :party: Team Rocket forever! <3

I'm really intrigued by this episode Sunday. I feel so on edge...never knowing where the TRio are going...but I kind of like that feeling now. Very eager to see what happens next with the radio show.
This is so exciting isn't it? :D Sometimes a little too much XD;

So what was the point of saying that the season ended with the latest episode?
I think that they meant that it was the last episode before the big mission... The purpose of their radio was to gain more members so Team Rocket could gain domination over the world... And Sakaki thought that radio won't be neccessary when the big mission would be surely a success.

Besides, they surely wanted us to feel nervous about TR's future (especially the TRio's). If we knew that the radio would be continued from the beginning, it'd mean that the TRio will be fine. So yeah, marketing purposes too. Maybe they also wanted to check how much we care for the radio?

But there would be no drama if only Smash people didn't say anything. After Rockets announced "the last episode" during the show, Nyasu talked about the show's continuation on Twitter just minutes later. It should be Smash we should be mad with for cheating us :p

The very last thing they say in the broadcast is, One day we will definitely come back! I have a feeling it was all just last-minute decision making; they probably announced it would be their last show Sunday but some executive made the decision Monday morning. Or Smash aired their content in the morning, they got an afternoon OK, and they didn't have time to change anything so it went to air as-is.
When they said One day we will definitely come back!, they meant the anime comeback though. They hoped that they'd come back to their old ways after Sakaki told them that they'll do TV activity next.

I don't think they were trying to fool kids.
Excuse me, what kids? ;D People listening to the show are mostly teenagers/adults. Plus we arleady had a chance to learn that it wasn't aimed at kids really :rolleyes:

I wish I had time to translate more for everyone, but, y'know, life gets in the way...
Same for me :/

Jeshi said:
Excuse me, what kids? ;D
It was in response to this quote:
There is nothing amusing about that kind of misdirection. It's just pointless, especially since Smash went along with it and misinformed many children.
It's kind of awesome that they've managed to grow their demographic to include just about everyone.

YATTA! I'm so excited for more radio show! They're just so fun to listen to. <3

I had forgotten Rica plays Sakaki's Persian. I bet we'll hear it tonight.

CAT FIGHT! :-D

Please note: The thread is from 11 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom