• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Pokemon Regional Evolution - Kanto Edition - Endgame

Status
Not open for further replies.
Max1996 said:
As far as I can tell, you changed your vote at the word of someone who is highly suspicious.
Midori has sort of clarified her reasoning, though. You sort of seem like you have a bit of tunneling going on. I'm just getting a bad feeling from the votes placed on her because it came on a bit too quickly.

Midori has sort of clarified her reasoning, though. You sort of seem like you have a bit of tunneling going on. I'm just getting a bad feeling from the votes placed on her because it came on a bit too quickly.
Err...did you mess up with cutting pieces from quotes? I never said that.

I think you messed up quoting....

But you meant to reply to AussieEevee correct?

And what do you think of my reasoning in jd?

You do seem to be overly defensive of Mido though.

I wonder if there is a connection.

Really that’s all?

Unvote: Darth
Vote: jdthebud

His comment comes off as “oh hey I’m being active and contributing” but isn’t actually doing anything. It’s worded as personal thoughts, and being its day 1 and something he doesn’t like, he should vote or question me. Yet he does neither. He’s just trying to look like he’s doing more than he is.
Yes I posted my thoughts. That's contributing. I didn't vote you because I wasn't sure if you were scum or not, and was also waiting to see what Darth response would be. I am not as aggressive with my "real" votes on D1 as most people anyway. As for the brevity of the post, that's because I was going to sleep right after that so I didn't have time to make a more in-depth post.

Anyway, now you say you did it to get reactions and pull away from the RVS. Well that certainly happened, so I'll say good job on that.

Your quote post was actually said by AE, not Max?
Trying to desperately push a lynch on someone that hasn't done anything isn't suspicious?

I guess the point is that do you believe Mido's assertion that she didn't really want to lynch Darth but was doing this whole thing to spark reaction and discussion. Which is usually a good town play, since an extended RVS lets the scum hide.

@DarthWolf so what's your take now?

I guess the point is that do you believe Mido's assertion that she didn't really want to lynch Darth but was doing this whole thing to spark reaction and discussion.
I don't.
Which is usually a good town play, since an extended RVS lets the scum hide.
Sparking discussion is good, yes... But trying to push a lynch for no reason on D1, telling us its not a joke vote, then retracting everything is suspicious.

Look back and see who urged for nothing to happen, I suppose. But I'm really, really advocating for that type of thing to not happen. If a D1 lynch doesn't occur, I really think that's in our worst interest. Especially at this point in time when we're having some discussions that could lead to a lynch.
Well the thing is, I've had a few moments in which I try to push activity,b ut it doesnt always give me the right opportunity, so I was wondering how YOU would stir it up.

Talking about activity starters, I've seen enough now from Mido to know it was an honest push for activity. I've done similar actions before which got some real attention on me, but did maek people talk. This is the smae situation. Besides that, I've also seen enough reactions from her to the point that I was a target for activity and jd is a real suspect of her.
Unvote: Midorikawa

Well, Mido's discussion starter wasn't the best, but it did start things up, and the explaination seems sincere, so UNVOTE: Midorikwa for now.

Well the thing is, I've had a few moments in which I try to push activity,b ut it doesnt always give me the right opportunity, so I was wondering how YOU would stir it up.

Talking about activity starters, I've seen enough now from Mido to know it was an honest push for activity. I've done similar actions before which got some real attention on me, but did maek people talk. This is the smae situation. Besides that, I've also seen enough reactions from her to the point that I was a target for activity and jd is a real suspect of her.
What are your thoughts on AE and on jds response?

AE feels like es looking for an easy mislynch and looks like tunnel vision , but I could be bias so I’m curious about others thoughts.

Jd I’m not fully buying. I like his response partially but it isn’t satisfying enough. I still feel like his post wasn’t real contribution

I did mean to quote AussieEevee btw, I screwed up my quoting.

Midorikawa said:
And what do you think of my reasoning in jd?
Are you voting him because he's posting CWAC? Well, I may as well give my opinion by addressing his defense.
jdthebud said:
I am not as aggressive with my "real" votes on D1 as most people anyway.
Why is 'real' in quotations?
DarthWolf said:
Your push for activity is definitely good especially when games can get quiet and I really hate it when that happens well, who likes that but as for how I would stir it up, I suppose I would vote a player who is mainly inactive and pursue that in the most serious of manners. Not as a joke vote, but as intently as possible.

Back to jd, I do feel like his defense post, if it can be really described as such, wasn't really...that much. I guess there isn't too much to say at this point, but I expected a bit more. I feel like he could address Midori more, or...the wagon that started up on her? Something. I don't know, but something else.

@Spoopster You came in and voted Midori quickly but I believe that's all you've done. Would your opinion change now that other things have sort-of-kind-of happened?

Are you voting him because he's posting CWAC? Well, I may as well give my opinion by addressing his defense.
Its the form of CWAC. There is CWAC that is complete fluff, and then the kind that looks like its actual content and contributing, but really isn't. And he did ask stuff, but he posed it as his own thoughts. It was trying to look like contributing, but while also avoiding responsibility. If that makes sense.

My suspicions w/ Midori have veen somewhat resolved, but I dont trust myself with reads enough to try to contribute at this point. I usually just sit in the back and see how things play out while chiming in when I feel its necessary to do so.

Its the form of CWAC. There is CWAC that is complete fluff, and then the kind that looks like its actual content and contributing, but really isn't. And he did ask stuff, but he posed it as his own thoughts. It was trying to look like contributing, but while also avoiding responsibility. If that makes sense.
No, that makes sense. It's very fluffy, and it's really not contributing at all which will pose a problem later granted he doesn't garner any more votes and makes it past the phase. I'm getting the sense he's going to be the type to fly under the radar a lot if he's mafia. A huge assumption yes, I know. @jdthebud Do you have nothing else to add?

VOTE: jdthebud. I'm feeling pretty good about this tbh. CWAC posts are never a good sign. Posting with no type of attempt at furthering anything is never something you want to see, and it's a biiiig red flag. If jd doesn't have anything to add or any type of real defense, I'm comfortable here.

@Spoopster I haven't been here in a while, what other games have you played? Curious because I want to see your playing in those games to see if you are a lurker like you say and if you've ended up mafia in those games. It's meta, yes, and while I despise pure meta usage (it can be helpful in small doses)...it seems useful in a situation like right now.

It's meta, yes, and while I despise pure meta usage
giphy.gif

Where have you been all my mafia life?

It's sad that I don't doubt Spoopster is a lurker. ;_;

I can't say though because I believe this is my first game with them.

Anyways @Spoopster :

STOP LURKING. GIVE ANY THOUGHTS YOU HAVE BECAUSE ANY THOUGHTS IS BETTER THAN NO THOUGHTS AND ONLY SCUM DON'T WANT TO GIVE ANY THOUGHTS BECAUSE THOUGHTS HELP TOWN.

Now back to doing laundry and watching Tri :)

@Toluca, I have only been online for a bit today. :)

I did mean to quote AussieEevee btw, I screwed up my quoting.

Why is 'real' in quotations?
I meant my votes that are not jokes or part of the RVS.

Your push for activity is definitely good especially when games can get quiet and I really hate it when that happens well, who likes that but as for how I would stir it up, I suppose I would vote a player who is mainly inactive and pursue that in the most serious of manners. Not as a joke vote, but as intently as possible.
Hmm, I disagree with this, I feel that while voting inactives can help a little bit, it's only useful if they actually show up. IMO voting inactives is a last resort since it's usually not based on anything.

Back to jd, I do feel like his defense post, if it can be really described as such, wasn't really...that much. I guess there isn't too much to say at this point, but I expected a bit more. I feel like he could address Midori more, or...the wagon that started up on her? Something. I don't know, but something else.
Well I think the wagon that started up on her was pretty self-explanatory, and then I got caught up in responding to Mido's assertion that she was just trying to get reactions. So that's why I didn't say anything about it. What about you? What's your take on that?

I think I get where you're coming from, but I was just quickly posting my thoughts on it at the moment. My intention wasn't to throw shade on you, and I resent that I'm about t get lynched based on you reading something into what i said that isn't there.

[Vote] Spoopster

Saying you're just going to lurk is scummy.

Wohoo! A Mido on Darth vote without reasoning, all to see what others would do, how do you call this? It's not a pressure vote... Oh well, glad to see this happening again
I did it to get reactions!
Predicted it!

Now for my jokevote: Vote: DarthWolf
Since the RVS stage is over Unvote: DarthWolf

I'll come back later with some actual content (and no, this is not my usual I'll be back but not really returning lurking)

Wohoo! A Mido on Darth vote without reasoning, all to see what others would do, how do you call this? It's not a pressure vote... Oh well, glad to see this happening again

Predicted it!

Now for my jokevote: Vote: DarthWolf
Since the RVS stage is over Unvote: DarthWolf

I'll come back later with some actual content (and no, this is not my usual I'll be back but not really returning lurking)
You know there's only 12 hours left in the day, right? No the best time to be doing a quick pop in, pop out. :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom