• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Pokemon Regions

Thomas-san

That guy...
Reaction score
What are all the regions in the Pokemon World?
I know there is Kanto, Johto, Hoenn, Shinou, and Oore, but are there any more than this?

You mean in the canon pokemon world or the pokemon world in general? Because I think that if the pokemon were real, it certainly would have more regions than in canon.

There's bound to be a new one for Generation V.

Some of the spin-offs also have their own region. Pokémon Ranger is set in Fiore, for example.

it may be.....but im still waiting 4 pearl and dimond here in the U.S. they said its gonna come out in 07.....is that true?

Wouldn't the Orange Islands count as a region? Or are they considered a sub-region of Kanto? On the map I have in a book on the Orange Islands, they show Cinnabar Island as part of the Orange Islands, and we know for certain that that particular island is a part of Kanto.

It usually gets its own region, but many people don't count it because its only in the animé, and not the games.

I count the Sevii Islands as a region, admittedly.

Kanto, Johto, Hoenn, Orre, Shinou, Fiore, Sevii Islands.

I totally forgot about Fiore, and I wonder where Pokemon Mystery Dungeon is set? Probably will just be set "in the world of pokemon" and no specific place.

But yeah, I consider all the ones 1Eevee1, just said to be regions too.

So is the base of this question on the regions found only in the games? Or in the anime? Or both. Actually, it can not be only on regions found in the anime, for the topic starter listed Orre. My mistake.

If the Orange Islands are counted as a region, then they should be added to the total amount. It is not fair to some place that was explored in one media to be eschewed because it was not in another media. There really is no reasoning behind that act, for in talking about the Pokémon world, then one must look at all evidence found in every form.

But, if we are only talking about the video game world, then yes, let us completely write off the Orange Islands. If we do, then the list that 1Eevee1 has seems to be up-to-date to me with the names of known regions.

For all intensive purposes, we are counting The Sevii Islands and The Orange Islands as the same thing...

Dude, this isn't even your thread...it's mine, and I count whatever I want as the same thing..

So, if I start a thread about which pokemon are ground type does that mean I get to close off all discussion of dunsparce's normal type because I believe it isn't one but a ground type? Strange logic, but whatever.

And to answer the topic, yeah, there are definately more pokemon regions out there.

But it is still in Johto...so wouldn't you just call it johto...anyway...I would call The Sevii Islands and the Orange Islands just sub regions of Kanto if we are doing "sub-regions"

So...you never answered my question, Thomas-san. Is this topic about the canon world or "if the pokemon world were real"?

Regions from main games
Kanto (Gr/R/B/Y/Pin/G/S/C/FR/LG)
Johto (G/S/C/PPC)
Hoenn (Ru/Sa/E)
Sevii Islands (FR/LG)
Shin'ou (D/P)

Regions from Spin-offs
Orre (Co/XD)
Fiore (Ranger)
TCG Island (TCG/TCG2)
GR Island (TCG2)
Snap Island (Snap), Region Unknown
Puzzle Village (PPL), Region Unknown
Stadium Town (S2), Region Unknown (possibly Kanto)
White City (SGS), Region Unknown (possibly Johto)
Mystery Dungeon World

Anime-only
Orange Islands
Whirl Islands (In the games they were place in Johto, in anime they're a sub-region)
Many new places in existing regions

Manga-only
Cerise Island (location unknown, somewhere near Kanto)

Huh, I think it's all :)

Last edited:
Please note: The thread is from 17 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom