• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Pokémon Remake Discussion (Read First Post!)

When would you like R/S/E Remakes

• Yes, this generation

Votes: 195 47.6%
  • No, I'd prefer them in Gen 6

Votes: 152 37.1%
  • No, wait till Gen 7

Votes: 16 3.9%
  • No, i dont want r/s/e remakes

Votes: 47 11.5%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Ruby and Sapphire Remake Discussion *NEW RULE*

@Somari Adding another Admin to both teams is a bad move especially if we have to fight both teams since that would mean not much focus on each of them. They can only add so many Aqua/Magma encounters.

Here is my ideas:
1. Title: RubyLand and SapphireSea
2. New wild pokemon - 4th and 5th generation
3. New legendary pokemon from a distant region.
4. New Interactive Pokemon
5. New Gift Pokemon
6. New In-game Trades
7. VS Seeker returns
8. Upgraded Battle Frontier
9. Stronger Rival(s)
10. Return of Professor Oak
11. Elite Four rematch

Names: PassionRuby, HonestSapphire.

-Sevii Islands (along with other additional areas)

Additional Ledgendaries:
Beast trio (roaming Hoen)
Bird trio (Moltres at Kindle Road summit, Articuno at Icefall Cave)
Mewtwo
Heatran (Mt Chimney)
Cresellia (roaming sevii islands)
Lugia (exclusive to Ruby)
Ho-oh (exclusive to Sapphire)

Additional Gift pokemon:
-Kanto Starters (at sevii islands)
-Johto Starters (from Birch)
-Eevee (from Bill)
-Togepi

Return features:
-Pokeathlon
-secret bases
-contests (naturally)

I've been wondering how remakes would affect the explicitly stated/implied/imagined timeline of the series. (I'm not here to argue this nor do I care very much. If you must argue please PM me.) While the time machine is a very distinct possibility, I would find it more interesting if they had an in game time skip after you beat the elite four. As well as satisfying people who want a remake and those who want a sequel, it would put the Ruby/Sapphire protagonists around the same age as the Black/White protagonists.

I hope the makers of pokemon will think of remaking Ruby and Sapphire, it be so cool to see the Hoenn region in whole new graphics.

Get rid of Wally... May should be the ONLY rival.

Ruby and Sapphire Remake Discussion *NEW RULE*

A lot complain about how Team Magma and Aqua are eco-terrorists, disliking them for it? Suffice to say, I kinda agree with them.

Personally, I think Team Magma/Aqua's plans should've involved taking over the world with Groudon/Kyogre respectively rather than simply expanding the landmass/water.

What do you think?

Re: Should Team Magma and Aqua's plans be different for the RS remakes?

I think the point with them is that they were tampering with forces they didn't understand. Although to make their goals CLEARER would be better, considering that as it stands, their goals seemed to be based in some pseudoscience that indicates they have no idea what they're talking about from the getgo.

Having a more scientifically (for this series) sound goal would make them more effective, and pay off better when it's revealed that they have no control over what they unleashed. And make them not seem like dimwits who flunked Earth Science 101.

You know what would be awesome? Get rid of the Regional/National Dex.

That would allow more stuff for the pre-E4 aswell. It can be done so that only the actual Hoenndex ones can be traded to the game, or something, but just get rid of it. For good. For all games.

Also, while getting a RS remake, it would also make sense in a roundabout way to have another remake of RG.

That way, all the 5 Gens would be "up-to-date" with the new graphics, and on the newest console.

This would even make sense, as I don't see any reason to rush the 6th Gen out before moving on to the next handheld generation, even though this one will stay for a quite a bit (Note: Not 3DS, but after that, or possibly LATE into 3DS), so there would be time for 2 remakes.

This would also make possible to start the retconning of bad ideas. (See here)

Yeah. those weren't even totally related to RS remakes only, but eh, that's my thoughts.

A lot complain about how Team Magma and Aqua are eco-terrorists, disliking them for it? Suffice to say, I kinda agree with them.

Personally, I think Team Magma/Aqua's plans should've involved taking over the world with Groudon/Kyogre respectively rather than simply expanding the landmass/water.

What do you think?
People complain because they were eco-terrorists who knew nothing about the environment. Why should we rehash the most clichéd plot possible rather than making their current one better?

I'd hope they'd include the secret base system again -- it was great for raising pokemon quickly. Although that could be a reason that they wouldn't include it. :/

They shoved a Lucky Egg down your throat, I doubt that matters.

I believe the plot will stay the same. What I'd love is that its on some kind of DS system (whether 3DS or something new that still is compatible with Gen. 4) So that we can trade between all the generations on the DS. No contests, they stink, bring back the Pokeathelon.

If they include a Battle Frontier in these games, I wonder if it will be a direct copy of Unova's Battle Frontier in Gray version (assuming there is a third version that includes a battle frontier, which is a lot of assumptions to make)

Aside from that, the gym leader's rematch teams will probably be filled with Unova pokemon... I can see:

Roxanne: Gigalith and possibly Crustle

Brawly: Ooh this one could be interesting... Conkeldurr and Scrafty I say

Wattson: Zebstrika and maybe Galvantula

Flannery: just Heatmor

Norman (Actually I think Norman should be the last gym leader): Stoutland and Sawsbuck

Winona: just Swanna

Tate/Liza: Gothitelle and Reuniclus to replace Hypno/Slowking, and possibly Sigilyph (pairs better with Claydol) to replace Xatu

Wallace or Juan: Jellicent and maybe Alomomola to replace Luvdisc

Sidney: just Krookodile

Phoebe: I'm not sure...

Glacia: Aside from giving her a Froslass over the second Glalie, possibly Cryogonal

Drake: just Deino

Steven: Bisharp and Doryuuzu

Also, while getting a RS remake, it would also make sense in a roundabout way to have another remake of RG.

That way, all the 5 Gens would be "up-to-date" with the new graphics, and on the newest console.

They revamped Kanto in HGSS.

Get rid of Wally... May should be the ONLY rival.

Shouldn't it be the other way round?

I think, with the release of the 3DS, a remake of Ruby/Sapphire should be 3D but remain top down. I think that it should feel as if you're looking in from above.

^ Hear, hear! I was looking at my sister's version of White (I hadn't gotten that far, two games are harder to manage than one) and Huin City is such a pain to explore. When I tried it, I was bumping into people/buildings and everything. Having it as a bird's eye view is much more user-friendly.

They revamped Kanto in HGSS.

True, but that's not quite the same, if you know what I mean. Kanto would be the only one that is kinda not a main focus, or something.

True, but that's not quite the same, if you know what I mean. Kanto would be the only one that is kinda not a main focus, or something.

The fact that Kanto far too overshadows Johto in both Gen II and HG/SS isn't good enough? Kanto Pokemon got almost all the screen time, since most of the cases had Johto Pokemon very weak or unvaried in comparison (Only a single Ghost and Dragon type were introduced in Johto, and both were inferior to Gengar and Dragonite in nearly every way). Kanto had FAR too much attention in HG/SS, with both Red and Lance NEVER using ANY Johto Pokemon (Lance's initial team is entirely Kanto Pokemon, with Red only having a single Espeon only in the 2nd Gen, with a team full of Kanto Pokemon in HG/SS).

Oh, I didn't quite mean it like that. I do agree with that though, but... you know, I feel like using the "3 years later" Kanto wouldn't just work. I dunno, maybe I'm just wrong here. :p

Although, going with the 3 years thing, it makes thing hard as we have no idea how to place the later gens.

I think that, since now in Gen III we have two paired versions, (R/S and FR/LG) instead of remaking R/S like most people think, they will remake R/S into one game (basically an Emerald remake) and FR/LG into one game, making two remakes but not counterparts such as FR/LG or HG/SS

And also, this really got me thinking:

"Oh, I never got your name.
...But I won't ask for it this time.
Our fun will have to wait for the right time."
-Steven Stone

If you did the Enigma Stone event in HG/SS you would've seen this, also I hope that if they do make remakes that they use the Emerald outfits instead of R/S, and use Battle Frontier. If they do remake a Ruby and a Sapphire instead of an R/S and FR/LG, they should make Rayquaza available in both BEFORE the E4, and either Groudon or Kyogre available after, basically Emerald split in half :eek:

Also keep Steven as Champion, maybe make Juan and Wallace a double battle gym like the 7th gym, and make the Pokedex add some Gen IV Pokemon, like Froslass or Gallade, reuse the secret base systems and also spread the contest buildings throughout the region, I liked it that way a lot. Also add in some foreign legendaries, like Platinum did with the Birds, or FR/LG did with the dogs, perhaps in Sapphire remake you get Dialga, in Ruby remake you get Palkia? . Also if any of you played B/W you would know that N flew off to a distant land, perhaps as a post-E4 story you would find out that the "distant land" is actually Hoenn and you can battle him, and he uses Zekrom in Ruby and Reshiram in Sapphire

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom