• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Pokémon Remake Discussion (Read First Post!)

When would you like R/S/E Remakes

• Yes, this generation

Votes: 195 47.6%
  • No, I'd prefer them in Gen 6

Votes: 152 37.1%
  • No, wait till Gen 7

Votes: 16 3.9%
  • No, i dont want r/s/e remakes

Votes: 47 11.5%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Ruby and Sapphire Remake Discussion

You know what I miss? Having the Pokemon available change with the time of day. It didn't really hurt BW by not having it, but I always liked the challenge of having to wait to find certain Pokemon. They could even combine it with the seasons feature!

Imagine this: Relicanth is available all year round, all day in the deep ocean trenches, but is fishable along the coast of the ocean at night during the winter months. Or perhaps Chimecho is only available during the evening in the fall. Or something like that. It'd be a great challenge, and it'd mean it would take more than a few days to catch all of the Pokemon, because you'd have to wait for the seasons to change.

---

On the topic of the 3DS, I really would prefer them not to release the Pokemon games on it. I'm a college student, I can barely afford the games, let alone a new system, and the 3D effect gives me a nasty migraine after a while. I know I can turn the 3d off, but at that point there's no point at -all- in buying the system, since without 3D it's essentially an overpriced DSi with a tiny screen. </endrant>

On Pokémon and Time: While I agree that BW is kinda silly in that time has no effect, I don't think there should be specific times inwhich a Pokémon appears in the wild. Exceptions for stuff like Drifloon and Lapras who appear every week on the same day. Something like a Pokémon only obtainable during a certain time and season seems kinda overboard.

On 3DS: it's not just a DSi with a 3D effect: the 3DS has a huge processing power advantage over the DS. There's many different things that they could do with that additional power and memory capabilities.

Hey, I was wondering they could make Ruby Sapphire into a Wii remake. Then you can hold the remote and actually "throw" the pokeball XD

I'd rather it be on the Wii U than the Wii, because then you can still have that feature, but have that tablet controller to use for things like the bag, battle strategy, C-gear type things, etc

I'd rather they make it for the DS, and focus on a new Pokémon game for the Wii/Wii U.

If RSEmakes are made, and walking Pokémon return, I want Castform to change form depending on the location.

The remakes would be on DS or 3DS, I be pretty pissed if they shift the main series games to another console like Wii. Anyway, I am hoping for some new stuff added to the games like walking with your pokemon.

On Pokémon and Time: While I agree that BW is kinda silly in that time has no effect, I don't think there should be specific times inwhich a Pokémon appears in the wild. Exceptions for stuff like Drifloon and Lapras who appear every week on the same day. Something like a Pokémon only obtainable during a certain time and season seems kinda overboard.

On 3DS: it's not just a DSi with a 3D effect: the 3DS has a huge processing power advantage over the DS. There's many different things that they could do with that additional power and memory capabilities.

Eh, I'd actually like it if they made finding Pokemon more complicated. It'd make the game a lot more fun, in my opinion. I like challenges like that.

---

And I've never had any power/memory/whatnot problems with my Lite or DSi. I guess I'm just not interested in "fixing" what isn't broken. Especially since that "fixing" takes a couple hundred dollars. I guess I just really don't see a reason to ever buy a 3DS.

I like to see them put Regigigas in the remakes considering it is the master of the other three Regis.

Eh, I'd actually like it if they made finding Pokemon more complicated. It'd make the game a lot more fun, in my opinion. I like challenges like that.

---

And I've never had any power/memory/whatnot problems with my Lite or DSi. I guess I'm just not interested in "fixing" what isn't broken. Especially since that "fixing" takes a couple hundred dollars. I guess I just really don't see a reason to ever buy a 3DS.

1. To each their own. I'm completing the Unova Pokédex right now, so I understand that it's fun to go find the Pokémon. But I'd rather it simpler if possible.

2. It's not something you'll really 'see'... the games are made to use the capabilities of the system without breaking them. The 3DS is stronger and capable of more complex processing than the DS is. It's like comparing the PS2 to the PS3, or the N64 to the GameCube: the more powerful system can just handle more processor-heavy things (like full 3D graphics [not 3D-pop-out-3D, but 3D-everything-has-height,-width,-and-volume-3D]).

It might not be broken, but the stronger processing power of the 3DS makes it more capable than the DS was.

Purim said:
2. It's not something you'll really 'see'... the games are made to use the capabilities of the system without breaking them. The 3DS is stronger and capable of more complex processing than the DS is. It's like comparing the PS2 to the PS3, or the N64 to the GameCube: the more powerful system can just handle more processor-heavy things (like full 3D graphics [not 3D-pop-out-3D, but 3D-everything-has-height,-width,-and-volume-3D]).

It might not be broken, but the stronger processing power of the 3DS makes it more capable than the DS was.

Eh, I guess that as long as my Lite is working, I really don't see a reason to replace it... but I'll see if I can't track down someone irl with the 3DS. Maybe being able to actually hold and play with the thing will help me figure out what I do and don't like about it.

That being said, I do hope that GF waits a bit before -completely- moving everything over to 3DS. RSEmakes and "Gray" on DSi/3DS enhanced, then a few Ranger/Mystery Dungeon-type games exclusively 3DS, then by the time gen. VI rolls around, everything on 3DS and I might actually be able to afford one/whatever "3DS Lite" or "3DSi" improved version might fix some of the headache the current one causes. </offtopicrant>

<ontopic>When do ya'll think the absolute earliest date for any news would be? I'd think that GF/Nintendo would want the games at least set up for pre-order when the holiday season comes around... So I'm thinking if we hear anything, it'll be sooner rather than later. Hopefully sooner, I'm already planning my team, ha ha...

And they absolutely must have a Jirachi event! I love that little critter. Though, we did get one released quite recently. I think we're missing a legit Deoxys at the moment. Are we? When's the last time we could get Deoxys?

Eh, I guess that as long as my Lite is working, I really don't see a reason to replace it... but I'll see if I can't track down someone irl with the 3DS. Maybe being able to actually hold and play with the thing will help me figure out what I do and don't like about it.

That being said, I do hope that GF waits a bit before -completely- moving everything over to 3DS. RSEmakes and "Gray" on DSi/3DS enhanced, then a few Ranger/Mystery Dungeon-type games exclusively 3DS, then by the time gen. VI rolls around, everything on 3DS and I might actually be able to afford one/whatever "3DS Lite" or "3DSi" improved version might fix some of the headache the current one causes. </offtopicrant>

<ontopic>When do ya'll think the absolute earliest date for any news would be? I'd think that GF/Nintendo would want the games at least set up for pre-order when the holiday season comes around... So I'm thinking if we hear anything, it'll be sooner rather than later. Hopefully sooner, I'm already planning my team, ha ha...

And they absolutely must have a Jirachi event! I love that little critter. Though, we did get one released quite recently. I think we're missing a legit Deoxys at the moment. Are we? When's the last time we could get Deoxys?

GameFreak has stated that they have some projects coming for both DS and 3DS, so I doubt the DS users who haven't moved to the next console will be left in the cold.

Ontopic, I'm assuming that we'll hear about the RSEmakes in May next year, after Keldeo is announced for the 2012 Pokémon Movie. That's about the time Japan heard about HeartGold/SoulSilver and Black/White before they were released. Keldeo might have some functionality in PassionRuby/HonestSapphire, but we might also see Jirachi or Deoxys down the line having special functions in the games. Meloetta would also have some sort of event in PRHS, as a prelude to Grey Version.

DW_unidentified_House_2.png

via Dream World. Looks like a certain Space Center...

Mossdeep_City_Space_Center_Em.png

Do note that the center looked different in Emerald than in RS. Thus, it's still open to more change.

Do note that the center looked different in Emerald than in RS. Thus, it's still open to more change.

Where was that discovered? I mean, I know you said "via Dream World", but was it found in the files on the server after the big maintenance or something?

Where was that discovered? I mean, I know you said "via Dream World", but was it found in the files on the server after the big maintenance or something?
I dunno, ask @bluesun.

Not everything can go the way you want it to be, if it's that unaffordable to you, then that's too bad!

Look I know gen VI will be on the 3DS and I'm prepared for that fact
but for geneartion V remakes to be on the 3DS while the main games are on the DS it's just don't make any sense

I found it last Friday, so it must've been put up sometime in the last week or so. Just couldn't put it on Bulbapedia until their maintenance ended.

I found it last Friday, so it must've been put up sometime in the last week or so. Just couldn't put it on Bulbapedia until their maintenance ended.

But you just found it in there, nestled in with the other files relating to the DW Houses? Very interesting...

The Dream World Space Centre looks a bit surreal and childish, but it could still change in colour scheme and shape. I think this is an obvious hint.

The Dream World Space Centre looks a bit surreal and childish, but it could still change in colour scheme and shape. I think this is an obvious hint.
Everything in the Dream World looks surreal and childish?

I'm not looking too much into that. Sure, Hoenn had a space-centre, but it was hardly the focal point of the games. If anything, I could see that being released with a promotion for other space-faring Pokemon like Deoxys and Jirachi, the only two Pokemon that caused people to pay attention to Mossdeep's space centre in the first place.

Also, the correct phrasing isn't "it looks like a certain space centre" but merely "it looks like a space centre" as the only thing they have in common is a rocket.

The original Space Center in RS didn't evn have a visible Rocket I think. But thats unrelated.

Everything in the Dream World looks surreal and childish?

I'm not looking too much into that. Sure, Hoenn had a space-centre, but it was hardly the focal point of the games. If anything, I could see that being released with a promotion for other space-faring Pokemon like Deoxys and Jirachi, the only two Pokemon that caused people to pay attention to Mossdeep's space centre in the first place.

Also, the correct phrasing isn't "it looks like a certain space centre" but merely "it looks like a space centre" as the only thing they have in common is a rocket.
Pfft, this is the fandom, it's our jobs to look too deep into things xD. For example:

You mentioned Jirachi and Deoxys...which games did they debut in? =3. Besides, we recently got a global Jirachi Wi-Fi distribution (If they were going to do a DW distribution for Tanabata this year...they missed their chance), and Deoxys via Guardian Signs last year.

Pfft, this is the fandom, it's our jobs to look too deep into things xD. For example:

You mentioned Jirachi and Deoxys...which games did they debut in? =3. Besides, we recently got a global Jirachi Wi-Fi distribution (If they were going to do a DW distribution for Tanabata this year...they missed their chance), and Deoxys via Guardian Signs last year.

You say that like we don't get a distribution of each one during each generation. We got Deoxys from GameStop in early DP as well. They could easily do Jirachi again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom