• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Pokémon Scarlet and Violet Predictions/Speculation/Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
How would our starting town be central to the region if our house is clearly right on the coast, though?
As a direction-challenged homosexual who has to look at the map in PLA nearly constantly even though the areas are not even big… you can’t expect me to have noticed there is an ocean there. haha

Here’s to hopefully being able to get lost on the way to the big city and getting attacked by high level Pokémon!

There are two types of players, those who follow the path's and treat the areas like old Routes. And those who ignore the paths completely and just take a beeline straight through the forest till they eventually happen to stumble into town.

I can picture a seed based castanet Pokemon--or even a Pokemon that incorporates a guitar somehow.
Regional Ludicolo, fire/grass type (fire because I associate Spain with spicier/hot food and people full of passion and burning temper - even though that is likely a TV stereo type), with a red guitar :lapras:

If we're going to take "dolphins can be seen in this country" as evidence for a dolphin Pokemon, that evidence would apply to literally every country in the world.
Spain does have quite a leg up, though, if you take into account that it has the largest aquarium in Europe with a large dolphinarium to boot. Spain and Portugal also seem to top the lists for dolphin-seeing destinations, as well as swimming with dolphins in Portugal, and have reported sightings for around half the world's total dolphin species.

Spain does have quite a leg up, though, if you take into account that it has the largest aquarium in Europe with a large dolphinarium to boot. Spain and Portugal also seem to top the lists for dolphin-seeing destinations, as well as swimming with dolphins in Portugal, and have reported sightings for around half the world's total dolphin species.
Is it… is it finally time? Will we actually get a dolphin Pokémon before #1000?

Unless they really mess it up, it will be so popular just due to how long we’ve been waiting!

I hope we're not spammed with the same wild Pokemon in certain areas. Like you walk into a cave and all you're fighting is what feels like waves of Zubat or Geodude, or you're surfing and it's just constant Tentacool and Magikarp battles. Need some more variety. I understand they want to make a lot of Pokemon "rare", but I don't get why they have to make the RNG so annoying to deal with. Like why are you annoying me when I'm trying to enjoy your game? I don't want to spam repels 24/7 either...

I hope we're not spammed with the same wild Pokemon in certain areas. Like you walk into a cave and all you're fighting is what feels like waves of Zubat or Geodude, or you're surfing and it's just constant Tentacool and Magikarp battles. Need some more variety. I understand they want to make a lot of Pokemon "rare", but I don't get why they have to make the RNG so annoying to deal with. Like why are you annoying me when I'm trying to enjoy your game? I don't want to spam repels 24/7 either...
I really hope we get Legends' mechanics because it was much more enjoyable being able to just seamlessly nope right out of a fight by walking away from it. Like... such an improvement to the entire game experience by that one simple thing. Less hostility from the wild pokemon and it would be perfect.

I really hope we get Legends' mechanics because it was much more enjoyable being able to just seamlessly nope right out of a fight by walking away from it. Like... such an improvement to the entire game experience by that one simple thing. Less hostility from the wild pokemon and it would be perfect.
Not to mention each and every wild Pokemon battle being something YOU initiated and opted into by throwing a Pokemon.

I think it's safe to say that, at the very least the mechanic where you initiate wild battles will be carried over from Arceus if nothing else battle related.
I don't know if that's even safe to assume. While battling in the overworld is definitely in the game, they could have fallen back on us needing to run into pokemon (or have them run into us) to start an encounter. Or like with trainers, suddenly everything you lock eyes with within a certain distance initiates a battle.

Would be miserable if they did that, so I hope it isn't the case, but who knows how committed they were to Legends' mechanics, or if they're adding it in after the positive reception like the overworld encounters for SwSh.

I don't know if that's even safe to assume. While battling in the overworld is definitely in the game, they could have fallen back on us needing to run into pokemon (or have them run into us) to start an encounter. Or like with trainers, suddenly everything you lock eyes with within a certain distance initiates a battle.

Would be miserable if they did that, so I hope it isn't the case, but who knows how committed they were to Legends' mechanics, or if they're adding it in after the positive reception like the overworld encounters for SwSh.
Miserable both because of things flying like those Hopip, or Pokémon too small to see well like Flebebe (Which also wouldn't work well sense they are by your house meaning you would pass by them... before you get your first pokemon)

Guys, I was just thinking about how weird it is that GF choosed three countries pretty close to each other and that are part of the same continent for three of the last 4 gens...and I think I may have realized something.
All the pokemon regions are based upon one of the real countries that originated one of the main languages available for the games.

Kanto, Jotho, Hoenn, Sinnoh -> Japan -> Japanese
Unova, Alola, Galar -> USA & UK -> English
Kalos -> France -> French
New region -> Spain -> Spanish

There are 4 languages left: Italian, German, Korean & Chinese. If gen 10 region is based upon Italy, Germany, Korea or China, then I guess I've solved the region mystery for pokemon! XD

Guys, I was just thinking about how weird it is that GF choosed three countries pretty close to each other and that are part of the same continent for three of the last 4 gens...and I think I may have realized something.
All the pokemon regions are based upon one of the real countries that originated one of the main languages available for the games.

Kanto, Jotho, Hoenn, Sinnoh -> Japan -> Japanese
Unova, Alola, Galar -> USA & UK -> English
Kalos -> France -> French
New region -> Spain -> Spanish

There are 4 languages left: Italian, German, Korean & Chinese. If gen 10 region is based upon Italy, Germany, Korea or China, then I guess I've solved the region mystery for pokemon! XD
Not a bad theory. Not bad at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom