• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Pokémon Scarlet and Violet Predictions/Speculation/Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
it took a while but with enough of the different aspects of the games revealed, i finally noticed that there seems to be more inspiration from MOTHER/Earthbound than i have seen in Pokemon, which is quite exciting!! :) :)

Minor thing, but I wonder if you decide to complete the Victory Road story first and become a Champion if you'll be called as such by other characters during the other stories. Like if I become Champion then later go do Path of Legends with Arven if he'll be like "Oh hey, I heard you became a champion. Anyhoo, let's go find these herbs".

Wouldn't be a big deal if it didn't happen, but I thought it would be a nice touch. :LOL:

Minor thing, but I wonder if you decide to complete the Victory Road story first and become a Champion if you'll be called as such by other characters during the other stories. Like if I become Champion then later go do Path of Legends with Arven if he'll be like "Oh hey, I heard you became a champion. Anyhoo, let's go find these herbs".

Wouldn't be a big deal if it didn't happen, but I thought it would be a nice touch.:LOL:
Great joke, tell another one :D Have you ever played other recent pokemon games? Of course, no one will mention it. Also, I am pretty sure if you don't follow the three stories simultaneously, the ones you didn't finish will be like a joke because you will face, let's say, team star with your hall of fame team while the enemy has level 20 pokemon. Maybe I am wrong, I don't know any leaks about level grading for the stories, but I believe that game freak will choose the lazy path.

Great joke, tell another one :D Have you ever played other recent pokemon games? Of course, no one will mention it.

I thought it was the more recent games where other characters brought it up more frequently. I swore in SwSh the ladies in the Pokemon Center would call me champion, but maybe I'm misremembering. It's been a while since I played.

I thought it was the more recent games where other characters brought it up more frequently. I swore in SwSh the ladies in the Pokemon Center would call me champion, but maybe I'm misremembering. It's been a while since I played.
They do, but it would be quite the jump in effort from swapping out the same generic line of text shared by every PokéCentre/Mart NPC in the post-game to having to code new lines of dialogue for potentially every scene in the other two routes if you happened to complete the Victory Road first. :unsure:

What makes you say this?

I think it is the style of some of the Pokemon such as Smolive and Lechonk and also ones like Cetitan and Fidough, especially also the Paradox Pokemon!! i have always found the overworld trainer groups in each Pokemon game to be a tribute to MOTHER/Earthbound's styles of creating human characters; in this game Team Star especially feels like something from that series!!

They do, but it would be quite the jump in effort from swapping out the same generic line of text shared by every PokéCentre/Mart NPC in the post-game to having to code new lines of dialogue for potentially every scene in the other two routes if you happened to complete the Victory Road first. :unsure:

Well I wouldn't expect it to be every scene in the other stories, maybe just like 1 or 2 lines, but like I said I don't really feel it'll happen regardless.

Technically, I don't think they'll have to code new lines for every scene. Just swap the rank or add a line or two to the existing dialogue. Though having said that, I won't be surprised if they don't do it.

Sword and Shield litterally has NPC's who still talk as if Leon is champion after you beat him I belive. So I won't be suprised if its not brought up at all.

Yeah, this won't be like the Witcher 3 in terms of conversational dynamics.

Sword and Shield litterally has NPC's who still talk as if Leon is champion after you beat him I belive. So I won't be suprised if its not brought up at all.
Even so, there's still the later game walking NPCs start to say things like "hello, new champ!" Or "I like the old champion better...where did he go?" or that one walking guy who was all "the market has been good for me." and then after you reveal the statue he says "the market hasn't been good to me recently."

The fact they were experimenting with having dialog diffrences means that the whole game might have them this time. It's not going to be dynamic, but there's probably going to be triggers that change some more NPC dialog like the above.

Even so, there's still the later game walking NPCs start to say things like "hello, new champ!" Or "I like the old champion better...where did he go?" or that one walking guy who was all "the market has been good for me." and then after you reveal the statue he says "the market hasn't been good to me recently."

The fact they were experimenting with having dialog diffrences means that the whole game might have them this time. It's not going to be dynamic, but there's probably going to be triggers that change some more NPC dialog like the above.
IF the three plotlines have some kind of big changer at the end of each of them, that is.

IF the three plotlines have some kind of big changer at the end of each of them, that is.
Even minor story related changes effected the NPCs though. I mean that was the case with the walking guy talking about the (stock?) market and the other Stow-on-Side walking NPC liking the mural better.

Like let's say you talk to an NPC in the school and they something like "I heard there's rumors of giant Pokémon out there." Then you go do a few Titan battles, come back, and talk to the same NPC. Now they say something like "Wow! You actually saw a giant Pokémon?! Sorry, pics or it didnt happen."

Considering they also said Auto battle feature is the way to go... i doubt they are actually that hard, since so far nothing implies you can only use one Pokemon for that auto feature.
Indeed. In Legends: Arceus, you can send out multiple Pokemon to gather resources.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom