• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Pokémon Scarlet and Violet Predictions/Speculation/Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Imo the worst part is that the host can't kick out other players. Just because it's a water Tera type that doesn't mean it's smart to bring a grass type if the raid Pokémon originally is a poison type.
And don't get me started about the big brains that think every raid can be won with Iron Hands or Koraidon/Miraidon :bulbaFacepalm:

The current Pokedex will soon reach 1010 after the next update with Walking Wake and Iron Leaves. Also, I look forward to The Hidden Treasures of Area Zero DLC coming out with Part 1 expected as early as September, and postcards from GO can be used to obtain other Vivillon forms (making Fancy no longer the only form without importing from GO or Bank). I am disappointed that they didn't announce the next season in GO, even though as of this post I'm less than 23 hours away from March.

Blitzle and Zebstrika are confirmed for Part 2. I can only hope Snivy, Tepig, Clamperl, Furfrou, and the Elemental Monkeys are eventually added as well.

Last edited:
Oh god I haven't even tried the difficult Tera raids so I'm genuinely not sure how I'm gonna catch my Paradox mon... I kinda wish there was a subquest or something to get them instead. With lore and stuff. Especially since this gives the "paradox mons are actually imagined pokemon" theory life.

Everything else has my hyped though. DLC was exactly as expected, but still excited. Really happy to finally see the mon from the books and it's so pretty. Excited to see more Area Zero lore, but I suspect most of that will be in the second part, so it's gonna be a long year.

I do wish we saw more actual gameplay. I feel SWSH's DLC announcement showed us a bit more, but it was also a bigger deal because it was the first time. Oh well.

Wish there was more on HOME. Kinda surprised we're getting GO connectivity first, but the Vivillion thing is cool I guess.

Overall I enjoyed it. Nice to see Sleep isn't dead. Seems like a glorified fitbit sleep tracker but still fun.

Kind of bummed that Paradox Suicune and Paradox Virizion are reduced to a mere Tera Raid event after their "mysterious" introduction from the book.
DLC is fine, pretty excited about it. Not a fan of the first legendary, but the second one is pretty cool. I just hoped they'd show more than just some arts and live-action trailers. And add some more outfits while at it.

Not gonna lie, I thought the live action trailer is for Johto-related game since the aesthetic is very Japanese. :wynaut:

Not gonna lie, I thought the live action trailer is for Johto-related game since the aesthetic is very Japanese. :wynaut:
Taking a trip to Japan seems like a thing a rich international boarding school would do.

What i want to know is if the new area is some place they've never used or if it's tacked on to an existing Japanese region.

I connected Violet with GO just a few moments ago since I'm unable to sleep right now. Vivillon's pattern will (presumably temporarily) be overwritten as the form from the origin location of the postcard sent from GO. This applies to Vivillon caught in the wild and evolved from Spewpa. I'm not sure if this is one postcard per use, or if it can be reused later on; sent postcards are not removed from GO when sent to SV.

I got so excited when I saw Zebstrika was coming back and it's not even one of my favourite Pokemon. :LOL:

Feeling kinda "eh" on the paradox Suicune/Virizion but I love the designs of the new legendary Pokemon (Ogerpon and Terapogos) coming with the expansion pass.

I feel like there are other new Pokemon coming too right? I'm pretty sure I saw a bird in that trailer that I didn't recognize. I wonder if they're considered legendary Pokemon or if they'll be regular mon?

I feel like there are other new Pokemon coming too right? I'm pretty sure I saw a bird in that trailer that I didn't recognize. I wonder if they're considered legendary Pokemon or if they'll be regular mon?

They show three new Pokémon (with hilarious names, if I may add). There's a dog, a monkey, and a pheasant I believe, based on the name.

They show three new Pokémon (with hilarious names, if I may add). There's a dog, a monkey, and a pheasant I believe, based on the name.

I thought the dog was a buff Sprigatito at first. :ROFLMAO:

I like the new bird Pokemon. Not so sure on the other two yet. The monkey looks like it jumped straight out of Yokai Watch.

Oh god I haven't even tried the difficult Tera raids so I'm genuinely not sure how I'm gonna catch my Paradox mon... I kinda wish there was a subquest or something to get them instead. With lore and stuff. Especially since this gives the "paradox mons are actually imagined pokemon" theory life.

Luckily the Paradox raids are only 5 Star, so as long as you have a high level (80+) Pokemon with a type advantage and/or some halfway decent partners you should be good.

I do wish we saw more actual gameplay. I feel SWSH's DLC announcement showed us a bit more, but it was also a bigger deal because it was the first time. Oh well.

I was just talking about this in the DLC thread and the SwSh DLC announcement did have a ton of concept art of new areas, new and returning Pokemon, and new characters whereas this they just gave us some promotional art and some Pokemon. TBH, looking back I think the SwSh announcement trailer revealed too much right off the bat making the later reveals and full game underwhelming, so it's nice to have a bit more mystery and buildup this time. I suspect we'll see more concrete details in May/June.

I'm excited for The Hidden Treasure of Area Zero. I'm thrilled that we'll be getting new uniforms. I still say we should have had more than just 4 in the beginning, but whatever.

Plot wise, I'm very happy about is that the new stories are still continuing on with the Academy's plot, with one being a full school trip and the other being an exchange trip to our sister school.

The Teal Mask looks like it's going to be more lore based, especially with 3 Pokemon heroes. I like all 3 of them. Probably Fezandipiti the most, but it's too bad that I can barely say its name :ROFLMAO: Ogerpon looks kind of like an oddball, but I'm interested in its lore and how it fits into everything as well. Kitakami looks like it'll be kind of like Hisui. Even Carmine and Keiran's outfits in the artwork look like the diamond and pearl clan colors. But since this is stated to be a school trip, I'm wondering if we'll be seeing Arven, Penny, and Nemona along with us. And maybe even staff members like Clavell at the teachers.

The Indigo Disk is the one I think I'm more excited for. I like the little Terapagos turtle thingy. It's a cutie pie. I also like the type markings on its back. But more than anything, I want more lore on the schools. Not just the Blueberry Academy, but also Naranja/Uva Acdemy. I'm interested in the story behind Blueberry Acdemy being our sister school. More than that, I'm very curious to know why the school is under the ocean. Their uniforms are lit tho. Hopefully Nemona gets to go on this trip as well since she loves battling. I think she'd be upset if she got left behind.

I like that Carmine and Keiran will be in both parts of DLC, because they look super cool and mysterious. Based on the info on their page, I'm guessing the Blueberry Academy is in Kitakami? Not sure. Eitherway, I'm interested in learning their backstory and what they'll be doing in both stories.

Overall, I'm excited and I can't wait for more information. :bulbaLove:

Finally got to look more into the DLC. I was running late to work so I haven't been able to do anything but listen to the presents till now.

I am really interested to see what the stories of these two DLCs will be. So far, they look pretty cool. and I am so ready to explore a new area. It doesn't need to be region sized, but I hope it is pretty expansive.

Admittedly, I nearly cried when I saw Dewgong was going to be available in wave 2. I know Dewgong was in BDSP, but it's not the same. I've been wanting to swim around with my baby so badly and now I finally can! (to an extent).

The new DLC pokemon are okay. The only one that has really grown on me so far is Terapagos because oh my gosh it is so pretty!

I'm excited to do some Walking Wake Raids later. Honestly, not sure what I was expecting from an Ancient Suicune, but I love what they did with it. It's Suicune but dinosaur. Absolutely amazing I'll take 10 of them now please.

I'm excited to do some Walking Wake Raids later. Honestly, not sure what I was expecting from an Ancient Suicune, but I love what they did with it. It's Suicune but dinosaur. Absolutely amazing I'll take 10 of them now please.

I suspect you'll only be able to get one, like in Charizard/Greninja raids.

But, who knows, it might be possible to breed it.

I suspect you'll only be able to get one, like in Charizard/Greninja raids.

But, who knows, it might be possible to breed it.
None of the Paradox Pokémon have been breedable thus far, I suspect Walking Wake won't be, either.

Walking Wave looks nice, you can't miss with Suicune, the mane is a bit busy but at least innovates unlike Iron Leaves which is very boring. Since both are the equivalent of Gigantamax Toxtricity/Melmetal I'm glad they're not Home exclusive.

I feel like they should have left off Kitakami to a Johto or Hoenn game and focus more on the Canary Islands or something more unique to Spain, but it's too late, and they say that "Write what you know" gives good results so let's wait and see. Nice to see new outfits and expansion of the Area Zero, I also liked that they revealed less than the SWSH DLC announcement so we have more stuff to look forward during the year.

As for the Pokemon, Terapagos looks amazing and I can't wait to see it in game, a blue legendary turtle is right up my alley, Ogerpon looks a bit unbalanced but the animations could do it justice, Fezandipiti is pretty but Munkidori and Okidogi look very cartoonish, I'm not really a fan.

in my tendency to root for the future paradox forms (sometimes), i genuinely like iron leaves although it could've had a much better name, imo

it's not that bad like people claim it is. yeah, more could've been done, but virizion has a solid enough design anyway so it's not like it being unchanging is much of a loss.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom