• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Speculation Pokémon Super Mystery Dungeon

Well, Manaphy debuted in-game in Pokémon Ranger as an Egg, didn't he? And didn't Munchlax debut in the Orre games with Lucario debuting in the original PMD games? So anything's possible, I suppose.
I think Munchlax appeared in the first PMD postgame as an NPC, and Lucario received a mention (and reportedly a statue if you maxed out your team's rank) but did not personally appear.

Well, a statue is still an appearance lol And oops on Orre. But yeah, there's precedent, so I hope we at least get the debut of some starter Mega's.

There is a thing that allows to summon Hoopa as an ally and then summon another Legendary by talking to him. The pokemon invited could be a temporary ally or an enemy, but something tells me that you are unable to permanently recruit them into your team.

And actualy, I think I would like seeing a villainous Mega-Diancie.

There is a thing that allows to summon Hoopa as an ally and then summon another Legendary by talking to him. The pokemon invited could be a temporary ally or an enemy, but something tells me that you are unable to permanently recruit them into your team.

And actualy, I think I would like seeing a villainous Mega-Diancie.

I'm just hoping we'll also be able to recruit Hoopa normally because there's no reason why we shouldn't. I'm not gonna get my hopes up though.

I'm so happy I'll be able to get this game by the end of the year! I've played Gates but it turned out to be really disappointing. I can only pray that Super improves on its flaws! Also, Deerling. You can recruit Deerling in this game. Yes.

I'm real glad it comes out this year. Though I'm probably gonna wait for a bit to see if it is as good as it looks. Why can FE Fates come out this fast?

So apparently there is a new (Japanese) trailer out now. English trailer will be following it, I'm sure, but it did show some kind of black-hole thing expanding across the region from a point. Mega Rayquaza also got a shot near the end.

That's awesome that it has a US release date. Let's hope Europe gets one soon, fingers crossed for early January, any later and I'll be pretty bummed, my hype will die down and I'll end up not getting it.

I find it fascinating that the game is drawing plot threads and concepts fron the main games instead of doing something original. Sure the overall will be new, but with DistortionWorld and Giratina, and the Meteorite and Rayquaza, O can only assume we will see more. Amazing size for the game by the way, this thing is gonna be huge.

and the Meteorite and Rayquaza,
Actualy, the Delta Episode is pretty much a rip-off of the first PMD game story. Big meteorite threatens to destroy world, you get Rayquaza to destroy it, Deoxys is in the meteor. Sure, you don't fight Deoxys directly on the meteorite, but the remains of the meteorite in PMD are the dungeon of Deoxys which proves it was in the meteorite.

I wonder what the post-game will be like?

I hope they have an expanded post-game that's at least as long as the standard game like Generation II (G/S).

Still, I'd like a kind of "Battle Tower" or "Proving Grounds" type area.

I really hope they let us recruit legendaries and name them again. That was another thing I didn't like about Gates: I couldn't nickname any pokemon that I recruited automatically, like Virizion or Keldeo. And why put in legendaries when you can't recruit them? PSMD, please be better than Gates!

I need more info on this gosh darn game. And I also need confirmation of a Volcanion hint. Even Arceus (revealed after Sky) had a statue in the game. So Volcanion should also appear as like... a rock formation. lol

I need more info on this gosh darn game. And I also need confirmation of a Volcanion hint. Even Arceus (revealed after Sky) had a statue in the game. So Volcanion should also appear as like... a rock formation. lol

Actually, Arceus was officially revealed before Explorers of Sky was released. Though I have to wonder if Volcanion, 'Blobby', and the future Megas / forms will be in as DLC.

Actually, Arceus was officially revealed before Explorers of Sky was released. Though I have to wonder if Volcanion, 'Blobby', and the future Megas / forms will be in as DLC.

That would be awesome if they came as DLC within a few months after the games European release, or even a year later to keep it fresh (once, and after the next main series game is released). In Blue & Red team; wasn't there the Weavile fig, and the Bonsly fig or something to that extent? Maybe their will be info, or items regarding the new mons, but no actual implementation of them to play as. Either way, I'm happy with how the game is looking at the moment, great roster of Pokémon to choose from (it's a lot for me to decide on one just yet, but I feel I will play as Froakie/Chespin just because their the newer starters and I enjoy playing PMD games with the starters of a current generation). The only Pokémon I wish you could play as alongside Pikachu & Riolu, is Eevee. Purely because there are a variety of evolutions to choose from, and Jolteon's my fave, if you didn't notice lol.

Ah I haven't point it out yet. In the latest trailer there was a scene where a Mega Charizard X is in the group with the Main Character (Pikachu) and Partner (Piplup). This means that the story probably will not revolve around the fact that the main character is a human this time, since I can hardly think of a reason. I initially thought that the Main Character being a human has something to do with Mega Evolution in this world, this possibility being destroyed make me slightly disappointed. Not because I guessed it wrong, its because......

Why the story revolve around the Main Character and Partner? Why are they the one to resolve the conflict?

In PMD-R/BRT, its because Gengar knew that you were a human and wanted to frame you. It might have been 'destiny' that Main Character got chosen by Gardevoir, it might have been 'destiny' that Main Character met Partner. But there is no coincidence that the story revolves around them.

In PMD-EoD/T/S, its because you are a human that worked with Grovyle to save the world, which being human ironically mattered because Grovyle don't recognize you because you are turned into a Pokemon and having the memories coming back as 'Dimensional Scream'; and your partner the owner of the mysterious stone, the key to Temporal Tower. It might have been 'destiny' that Bidoof made that wish, making the Main Character turn into a Pokemon and meet Partner, so that there can be new apprentices in Wigglytuff's Guild. It might have been 'destiny' that the Partner happen to be the owner of the mysterious stone. But it is no coincidence that the whole story revolves around them.

In PMD-GtI, the story is sooo off because the Main Character is replaceable with an ordinary Pokemon. The main character being a human and thus is the chosen one is a lame excuse, any Pokemon with strong will should have been able to do that. The story could have revolve around anyone, not necessary the one who was a human, and the partner.

So here I really hope they can pull off a good enough reason that the Main Character or Partner is important enough for the story to revolve around them.

Edit: Just realized no one posted it yet, here is the trailer, scene of Main Character and Partner with a Mega Charizard X at 3:16
[video=youtube;OYc4Tf7WPVk]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OYc4Tf7WPVk[/video]

Last edited:
Please note: The thread is from 8 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom