• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Pokémon Sword and Shield anime speculation thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is how I see the anime series after Gen 4.

Unova - Kanto (1), Johto (2/3)
Kalos - Johto (1/3), Hoenn (2/4)
Alola - Hoenn (2/4), Sinnoh (1/3)

So the Galar Arc could be...

Galar - Sinnoh (2/3), Unova (1/3)

So Ash, who has been wearing mostly white and blue and black, will wear a bright red shirt from the Gen 8 anime

It will be blue of course.
I mean the hat and jacket (blue), mixed with the trousers. These are just simple bases, although the final form will probably be something unique.

So why cannot he just wear the Sword outfit in blue if he can do that with the LGPE outfit?

They did say that XY Ash was partially based on FRLG Red (almost 10 years after the fact).
Even 'partially' seems like a stretch. The only common thing in the two outfits is a white strip in front, which is common for jackets. And even the strip patterns are different.

The illusion of similarity seems to be from the similar structure, which is something which was common to all Ash and red outfits (barring both their SM outfits)

It just dawned on me, that every time we get a female companion based on the Female Player of the games (May, Dawn, Serena), it always has Ash ending his last adventure on a cliffhanger (OS, AV, BW) before starting with the first episode of the next series that introduces the female companion of the Region (AV, DP, XY). And whenever this happens, it always seems to relates with the next console...

GB (Gen 1), GBC (Gen 2) - Misty (ends with cliffhanger)
GBA (Gen 3) - May (Introduces Female Companion, ends with cliffhanger)
DS (Gen 4) - Dawn (Introduces Female Companion, story concludes) - (Gen 5) - Iris (Ash travels to New Region, ends with cliffhanger)
3DS (Gen 6) - Serena (Introduces Female Companion, story concludes) - (Gen 7) - Lillie, Lana, Mallow (Ash travels to New Region...)

What it looks like is that Sun and Moon would probably end with Ash and Pikachu heading off to the Galar Region, ending with a cliffhanger. And that Sword and Shield would begin with the introduction of the Female Companion in the form of the Female Trainer.

It just dawned on me, that every time we get a female companion based on the Female Player of the games (May, Dawn, Serena), it always has Ash ending his last adventure on a cliffhanger (OS, AV, BW) before starting with the first episode of the next series that introduces the female companion of the Region (AV, DP, XY). And whenever this happens, it always seems to relates with the next console...

GB (Gen 1), GBC (Gen 2) - Misty (ends with cliffhanger)
GBA (Gen 3) - May (Introduces Female Companion, ends with cliffhanger)
DS (Gen 4) - Dawn (Introduces Female Companion, story concludes) - (Gen 5) - Iris (Ash travels to New Region, ends with cliffhanger)
3DS (Gen 6) - Serena (Introduces Female Companion, story concludes) - (Gen 7) - Lillie, Lana, Mallow (Ash travels to New Region...)

What it looks like is that Sun and Moon would probably end with Ash and Pikachu heading off to the Galar Region, ending with a cliffhanger. And that Sword and Shield would begin with the introduction of the Female Companion in the form of the Female Trainer.
We won't know that until the last episode of SM airs.

We won't know that until the last episode of SM airs.
Maybe so, but it does look to me like there is this theme with Female Trainer Companion and Cliffhangers that have been going since Original Series/Advance. BW and SM never had this treatment on the count of them being on the same consoles as the first Gens to the console when it was new, like DP and XY.

DP and XY had a Female Trainer Companion introduced in the first episode when Ash arrives at the new region, and both end with Ash returning to Pallet Town. Whilst BW and SM had Ash travel to the new Region, with BW ending in a similar cliffhanger to the OS and AV.

GB, GBC - (start) OS (cliffhanger)
GBA - (continuation in next region) AV (cliffhanger to next region)
DS - (continuation in next region) DP, BW (cliffhanger to next region)
3DS - (continuation in next region) XY, SM (probable cliffhanger to next region)
Switch - (continuation in next region) SwSh

DP and XY had a Female Trainer Companion introduced in the first episode when Ash arrives at the new region, and both end with Ash returning to Pallet Town. Whilst BW and SM had Ash travel to the new Region, with BW ending in a similar cliffhanger to the OS and AV.

Ash returns to Kanto in SM though. Not sure about BW since I didn’t watch those episodes but Ash is shown depositing his Pokemon in flashbacks.

Ash returns to Kanto before every visit, whether offscreen, onscreen or flashbacks.

Ash returns to Kanto in SM though. Not sure about BW since I didn’t watch those episodes but Ash is shown depositing his Pokemon in flashbacks.

Ash returns to Kanto before every visit, whether offscreen, onscreen or flashbacks.
Yes, and before setting off to the next region before the start of AV, DP and XY. The last episode of DP and XY ends with Ash returning to Pallet Town. The first episode of BW and SM is Ash setting off to the next regions.

I can picture the last episode of Sun and Moon Ash and his friends graduating Pokemon School, Ash having to say goodbye to his friends before returning to Kanto and Pallet Town. From there, Professor Oak would be interested in Meltan/Melmetal and would like to observe it. Then he would probably tell Ash that the Meltan/Melmetal is something he cannot decifer and would probabbly suggest Ash to take it to Professor Willow (yet to appear in anime) who is in the Galar Region. Rowlet would probably convince Meltan to go with Ash and set off from there.

Or it could go similar to how OS, AV and BW ended.

The ending of BW had Ash travelling with another trainer to Kalos and ends in a cliffhanger.

These cliffhanger voyages that Ash did from last to beginning usually coincide with the next Gen consoles since GBA. Ash returning to Pallet Town in the last episode of DP and XY, and the first episode of BW and SM begins with Ash travelling to the next region (obviously because BW is on the same DS console as DP, whilst SM is on the same 3DS console as XY?). With SwSh being the first proper Gen for the Switch, isn't it any wonder that the anime would follow the same cliffhanger formula that would lead to Ash travel with the Female Player Trainer as well as one of the Galar Gym Leaders?

From there, Professor Oak would be interested in Meltan/Melmetal and would like to observe it. Then he would probably tell Ash that the Meltan/Melmetal is something he cannot decifer and would probabbly suggest Ash to take it to Professor Willow (yet to appear in anime) who is in the Galar Region. Rowlet would probably convince Meltan to go with Ash and set off from there.

It’s pretty unlikely.

Why would Rowlet make Ash Take Meltan away from it when the entire reason Meltan was caught was so it could stay with Rowlet?

It’s pretty unlikely.

Why would Rowlet make Ash Take Meltan away from it when the entire reason Meltan was caught was so it could stay with Rowlet?
That's just an idea. But whatever reason, Ash would be convinced of going to Galar in the last episode of Sun and Moon once Ash returns to Pallet Town.

BW and SM were less battle focused, I assume was because they were released on the same consoles as DP and XY which were battle focused and the first Gen games for those colsoles of DS and 3DS. With SwSh being the first proper Gen for the Switch, I assume the crew of the anime, after a vacation in Alola for Ash, are going to make the anime battle focused once more.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom