• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Pokemon: The Lost Arcology

Status
Not open for further replies.

Renewal

Falling, but Rising Again
Reaction score
@Hadesiro, @Valentine_Rose, @Nytie, @Jaylebyrd

[font=“Garamond”]Pokemon: The Lost Arcology[/font]​

The World:
The ten arcologies are massive, self-sufficient superstructures buried deep within the earth. Though each arcology has Pokemon of many types, they tend to house a majority of a single type they represent, along with an appropriate habitat. Although the arcologies were originally simply given number designations, the people in their settlements gave the names that fit their habitats: Teron, Pyral, Marin, Floran, Glaciad, Venra, Fulmir, Spectrys, Fortima, and Dracal.

Mindful of the damage they caused, the designers of the arcologies devoted most of the interior of each one to wilderness, as replacements for the devastated homes of the Pokemon. Spherical in shape, only the very top level of each arcology houses human settlements; the remaining space, divided into six levels, is for the Pokemon. A massive elevator shaft runs through the middle of each arcology, and--along with smaller stairways between levels--joins the seven levels of the arcology together.

Underneath the seventh level of each arcology, at the very bottom of the structure, lies the arcology’s Terminus. The people of the arcologies have long forgotten the purpose of the Terminus, only remembering that it was of vast importance to their ancestors. In truth, the Terminus is the computer system and power source of each arcology, regulating them and keeping them inhabitable. The central core of each Terminus is an Elemental Orb, a sphere of raw elemental power obtained from the Legendary Pokemon before the arcologies came online.

Finally, as the arcologies slowly drifted apart, they initiated the Omega Protocol: to prevent the rise of another madman like Omega and protect the arcologies should conflict ever break out, the network of tunnels that connected the arcologies was sealed, with a Guardian set to protect the key. Thenceforth, anyone wishing to travel between arcologies would need to prove their worth to the arcology’s Guardian by defeating them and proving their worth.

The Arcologies:
lost_arcology_map.png

Key:
  • 01. Teron: the Ground Arcology. It is the home arcology of the player characters, and the one to reopen communication among all the arcologies. Its primary habitats are plains and dry grasslands, allowing many different Pokemon species to live here. However, its lower levels become rockier and mountainous, with Level Seven, immediately above the Terminus, being a network of dark caves. Its Guardian is Jonathan Oak.
  • 02. Pyral: the Fire Arcology. Its primary habitats are deserts and savannas, with its lower levels becoming increasingly volcanic. Its Guardian is Matthew Blaine.
  • 03. Fortima: the Fighting Arcology. The second smallest arcology, its primary habitats are simple grasslands and temperate woods, with denser forests at the lower levels. Its Guardian is Rebecca Newman.
  • 04. Marin: the Water Arcology. Its primary habitats are rivers and swamps, with beaches and near-complete ocean at the lower levels. Level Seven is completely submerged, necessitating the use of Dive. Its Guardian is April Lillian.
  • 05. Glaciad: the Ice Arcology. Its primary habitats are cool coniferous forests and scrubby grasslands, with increasingly frigid conditions at the lower levels. Level Seven is a completely featureless icy wasteland. Its Guardian is Michael Niveos.
  • 06. Florin: the Grass Arcology. The largest and most habitable arcology, its primary habitats are grasslands, temperate forests, and sweeping plains throughout the arcology. Its Guardian is Serena Briars.
  • 07. Fulmir: the Electric Arcology. Its primary habitats are empty plains and a scattering of thin woods, dominated by stormy, overcast skies. Level Seven is an empty plain, with a constant lightning storm overhead. Its Guardian is Richard Surge.
  • 08. Venra: the Flying Arcology. A smaller arcology, its primary habitats are cool, wooded mountains, with vast open spaces for Flying-types of all kinds. Level Seven is dominated by vast canyons and abysses. Its Guardian is Amelia Inalis.
  • 09. Spectrys: the Ghost Arcology. The smallest arcology, its primary habitats are simple grasslands and temperate forests, with denser forests at the lower levels. Dark mists pervade the entire arcology except for Level One, the human level; Level Seven is utterly dark, necessitating the use of Flash. Its Guardian is Cain Decorde.
  • 10. Dracal: the Dragon Arcology. The second largest and most diverse arcology, its primary habitats are rocky plains and dense forests, with its lower levels becoming increasingly mountainous. Level Seven is a single, immense mountain. Its Guardian is unknown.

• I. Primary Station: the first link station, which serves as a research center and tech cache. It is overseen by the AI Ichi.
  • II. Secondary Station: the second link station, which serves as a commander and observation center over all the arcologies. It is overseen by the AI Ni.
  • III. Tertiary Station: the third link station, which serves as a resting point and dormitories. It is overseen by the AI San.

The Deepground:
Though the architects of the arcologies created the superstructures as sanctuaries for the Pokemon, they failed to account for the creatures lurking deep within the earth itself. Even as they worked tirelessly to construct their underground havens, the builder disturbed the rest of Pokemon long forgotten by the surface world. The arcologies were sealed at their completion, preserving the world as it was before the Omega War. But over time, those environmental seals have slowly failed, along with many of the arcologies' other systems. In the tunnels, strange, new Pokemon lurk...

NOTE: You may submit your own original Pokemon! Simply post them in the sign-up, or PM them to Renewal!

Rules:
  • Follow all BMGf rules. This includes the obvious ones: be respectful, no spamming, etc.
  • Be descriptive. Short posts make for a boring RP. Aim for at least three sentences, maybe even a paragraph.
  • Keep OOC to a minimum. Any major discussion should be in the sign-up thread. Any OOC in the start-up should be game-oriented.
  • No god-modding. Defeating everything effortlessly and solving every problem instantly makes for a very boring RP.
  • Don’t control other players’ characters. This is simply proper procedure in any RP.
  • Listen to the GM. I’m here to keep gameplay going and ensure things don’t go out of control.
  • Read the rules and background information. They’re here for a reason.

Players:
  • Leon Sideris - @Renewal
    Pokemon: Axew (Thorn)

• Paulo Loresen - @Hadesiro
    Pokemon: Growlithe (Zerxeis)

• Rose Harris - @Valentine_Rose
    Pokemon: Roselia

• Karina Majors - @Nytie
    Pokemon: Sableye (Kreuger)

• Cohen Hazel - @Jaylebyrd
    Pokemon: Marshtomp (Swampy)

• Elias "Eli" Mathers - @Vayre
    Pokemon: Vibrava (Claire)

* * *​

The light of the artificial dawn rose over Teron Village, as the people of the arcology slowly began to stir and prepare for the day.

In his family's home, Leon Sideris was wide awake, gathering his things, checking his spare supplies in his pack. Today was the day, the first day of the Great Journey. The elders were trusting him and four others to journey to the depths of Teron, and make contact with the nine fabled lost arcologies. Thinking these things, he snorted. Such a grand quest ahead of them...

With that, he said farewell to his parents, gathered his Axew in his arms, and began making his way to the Guardian's home.

OOC: Sorry for the delays everyone...

Last edited:
Paulo had gathered his belongings the night before. His adoptive parents had given him a case full of TMs to take with him, but they had been unable to find a Fire Stone. "I just hope I don't ruin everything with one of my little sense-twist flashes." he thought as he left the house, Zerxeis following him.

Last edited:
Before she left her home, Karina triple-checked that she had packed everything she would need, just to make sure that her scatterbrain tendencies hadn't gotten the better of her. Kreuger scampered excitedly around her, eager to start out on their adventure. She grinned and patted his smooth head. "Wonder what we'll find, buddy?" She asked. Satisfied that everything was packed up, Karina slung her pack over her shoulder and grabbed her Explorer Kit, saying a quick goodbye to her parents and grandparents on her way out the door.

Pausing at the top of the hill Eli gazed out into the distance, his goggles shielding his eyes from the rising sun as he looked down on Teron Village.

When word of the Great Journey had been sent down to the Mathers family Eli had been the one chosen to go, being in the middle of his own personal journey he was unattached and had a fairly strong Pokemon in his Vibrava, Claire.

Speaking of Claire the dragonfly Pokemon was close behind him, scuttling towards him after having wandered off to hunt something to eat. With a short buzz of her wings she launched herself upwards onto Eli's back, resting her head on Eli's shoulder and letting out a content buzz as he scratched between her antennae.

Eli was rather worried about the upcoming journey. While he was used to travelling nobody from his family had ever left the Arcology before, it was a completely new territory for him, and with how much he depended on his knowledge of his surroundings this was a bad thing.

Still no sense worrying overly much, he had a duty, he had a destination and he had travelling partners, so overall this was an improvement from the norm. Focusing on these positive thoughts he gave Claire a last scratch and set off down the hill.

Though the ultimate security of Teron rested on his shoulders, with all the secrets, duties, and expectations that entailed, Jonathan Oak was a surprisingly cheerful and optimistic man. In the past, Leon had doubted that such as he could possibly be the Guardian of Teron. Of course, the recordings his parents had shown him of the Energy Crisis forty years ago had more than corrected him. For all his smiles and easy laughter, Jonathan Oak could be devastatingly savage in battle.

So, it was with more than a little trepidation that Leon approached the door of the Guardian's large home. And of course, just to skew his perception of the man further, the graying Jonathan opened the door with a smile before he had even knocked. "Come in, come in!" Winking, Jonathan stepped away from the doorway, waving him in. "There's some things I need to discuss with all of you."

Last edited:
Paulo had arrived, and entered the Guardian's house, Zerxeis behind him. She was a strong Growlithe, bred from a champion Arcanine and a Smeargle owned by Paulo's adoptive parents. Zerxeis barked. She could smell a tough battle up ahead, and she wanted to be the first to win.

"So what do you need to discuss? Will we have to battle you, one by one?"

Karina glanced around before following the other boy - Leon, his name was? - into Jonathan Oak's home. "Is this everyone?" She asked. "I thought there was going to be a few more people."

She was starting to feel more than a little nervous about going on the Great Journey, as it seemed to be called. She really didn't know the other teens accompanying her, and she was having a hard time paying attention to Jonathon's words. Her difficulty concentrating wasn't helped by the fact that she was having to keep an eye on Kreuger, to make sure he didn't start trying to dig around in Jonathon's home in search of valuables.

Jonathan shook his head. "We're still waiting on three more: Rose, Cohen, and Eli. We'll have to wait for them, but let me assure you, Paulo, it won't be anything quite so difficult." He led the three into a comfortable living room, settling himself into a well-worn armchair. "Please, sit. Now, while we wait for the others, tell me about yourselves. I've seen you about the town before, but I'm afraid I've never met any of you. I must commend your bravery for volunteering for the Great Journey."

Leon answered first. "I guess... I'm just sick of this place." He gazed directly into the Guardian's eyes. "I'm sick of nothing ever changing. I'm sick of seeing the same thing every day." He looked away, suddenly the least bit ashamed. "It's not that I love my family and my home, but... I don't know..."

Kreuger hopped up into Karina's lap, and she hugged him close. "I want to help people." She spoke up. "And to be able to do that... and go on an adventure like this..." She smiled despite her nerves. "It's so exciting! I want to see what kind of things I can find in the other Arcologies, since they're different. We might even meet someone with the technology to revive Fossils!" Her voice squeaked with excitement on the last part, and she hid her face, blushing.

Eli stood before the door nervously, the signs he had followed indicated that this was the right house and the presence of people talking inside seemed to indicate that he was late. Coughing nervously he approached the door, Claire humming comfortingly from his shoulder, where she still lounged. Giving a final check that he had the right house he knocked before entering to join the others.

"Erm sorry that I'm late, I got caught down on floor 2 last night."Shufflign awkwardly he quickly strode over to take a seat over by Jonathan and Karina, Claire clinging to the back of the chair with her head still elant over his shoulder, where she curiously looked at the rooms other occupants. He turned to face the others, "I'm Eli Mathers, and this is Claire, my Vibrava." At the mention of her name Claire let out a loud trill of greeting before continuing her inspection of the others.

Cohen woke up to the beeping sound of his alarm clock, just before Swampy was about to use Mud Slap. Cohen checked the time. "11:08. Crap."

Cohen ran out of his house, Swampy following quickly behind, and swerved into the house without even checking the number. He KNEW this town.

He ran straight into the living room, crashing into a boy a bit older than him. "Sorry I'm late," he said, brushing himself off. "I'm Cohen, and this is Swampy."

He brushed himself off, and found a seat near Leo.

Jonathan smiled at the newcomers. "Welcome you two," he greeted. "I suppose since all the volunteers but Rose are here, we'll start. You can introduce yourselves to the others later."

The old man rose, walking over to a small cabinet behind him. "I'm afraid as the years have passed, the prestige of the Guardianship has faded quite a bit here in Teron. There's not much expected of me anymore. Tell me: what do you know of the being called Omega?" As he addressed the five, he fumbled about within cabinet's drawer, searching for something.

"Some people say the Omega was a human that incited Rayquaza, Groudon, and Kyogre to fight against each other. I believe that they are wrong, and that the Omega was a pokemon." Paulo said. "The legends of my people, the Caligin, state that there was a pokemon that they called the Omega and worshipped as a goddess until their rebellion. It was the enemy of Arceus, and in a titanic battle around 500 years before mankind entered the arcologies the two god-pokemon fought a war, with the result being the victory of Arceus. Due to the Omega's power and similarity to it, Arceus was unable to destroy the its foe and instead sealed it under the city of Caliginis, and proceeded to eliminate most of the Caligin Empire that had arisen with the Omega's help. The few survivors were the ancestors of people like me."

"Finally, I think that Arceus wanted the world to be rebuilt by Rayquaza and the others because the Omega, the reason for her escape unknown, had done something so horrible that the planet needed to be reborn. The Omega almost certainly still exists, but is most likely sealed away again. As for Arceus, it probably is resting from the battle."

Paulo finished. This was the result of his studies on his condition, which had then led to Caliginis and the Omega.

Karina spoke up again. "I don't want to start an argument, but I... I believe that Omega was a human. A really terrible, insane human, but nothing more than that." She frowned thoughtfully. "That's the theory that makes the most sense to me. If Omega was a Pokemon, then my family-" She broke off and looked away.

Karina had to close her eyes and take a deep breath before continuing. "I think that some of my ancestors belonged to Team Magma. I don't have any hard evidence, but I'm almost certain. I've heard that Omega was inspired by Team Magma and Team Aqua to summon Rayquayza, Groudon, and Kyogre. If Omega was a Pokemon, then my family wouldn't have passed down the stories about Team Magma and Team Aqua inspiring the destruction. That's what I think."

She looked over at Paulo. "If there was a legendary Pokemon called Omega, that legend could have inspired the person who called himself Omega also."

"Or maybe... That misguided person freed the actual Omega pokemon. It would take incredible power to lift a seal imposed by Arceus, though. But possibly it had been getting weaker over the years, and the Omega-goddess stronger until the point it wouldn't take that much to free it. Anyway, the world is still in existence, so that means the Omega failed in that goal." Paulo said, considering what Karina said.

Karina mulled it over. "It makes sense. Maybe that person didn't call themselves Omega at all, but the name was remembered." She petted Kreuger's head and looked around the room at everyone else. "What do you all think?" She asked. "Jonathon? Sir? What do you know about Omega?"

'Well, I've been thinking that Omega was an organisation, a group of twisted people AND pokemon intent on some form of..." Cohen trailed off. Swampy nodded in agreement.

Eli was rather confused with the route the conversation was taking, but decided to chip in anyway.

"I'd say it was a human, maybe a group of humans like Cohen said. I can't see why any pokemon would dare angering three legendaries by itself, that kind of stupidity is normally the work of humans."

Claire, clearly uninterested with the conversation, had retreated to Eli's lower back and was lazily messing with his hair while buzzing a simple tune, her equivalent of humming, while occasionally casting glances around the room, more interested with the various pokemon present that the other humans.

"The legend goes that the Omega of Caliginis was once a goddess of its own universe, similar to how Arceus created and rules this one. The Omega pokemon's own universe ended, and it went mad. It began traveling, and ending other universes, but Arceus stopped it when the Omega challenged Arceus directly. The Omega still lives, but it's surely sealed away, because we wouldn't be here if it wasn't." Paulo said.

Zerxeis was sniffing around the other pokemon. She was bored, though, and wanted to run around and battle.

Paulo's vision began to change at the edges. "This isn't good. Before we even begin.." he thought.

Last edited:
Cohen was puzzled. He had never known of any pokemon doing anything bad before, so he drew out his notepad. "So, how is this pokemon depicted?" He asked, ready for a quick sketch.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom