• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Pokémon World Maps

But those maps are promotional exclusives. You can't "buy" them. That's the problem.

About anime-only locations - when I looked onto anime promotional map, I noticed some "extra" towns. However, they are unsigned so I really don't know what they are.

Isn't the "Famicom Mini" series collectors box a "Promotional item" as well? I'm asking this because I have seen it frequently on eBay, and I figured "if they were still selling those things on ebay, surely they would be selling the promotional anime maps on there as well..."

and about the unsigned anime towns, can you mark them and scan them and ask Mapmaster Nyoo if he has any Idea as to what they are? I mean, that castle on that mountain east of Goldenrod city is obviously the one in "Hassle in the castle, but still.

Post the best you can, it will be appreciated.

Ok, Google didn't exactly have the ones you were looking for since they were too small. I'll be sure to check in on "Yahoo Images" and "MSN Images" when given the oppurtunity (believe me, with posting on several forums, visiting websites, and the homework load in the 2nd semester of my Junior year, It would be a miracle if i have time to find the images your looking for.).

Ok, Google didn't exactly have the ones you were looking for since they were too small. I'll be sure to check in on "Yahoo Images" and "MSN Images" when given the oppurtunity (believe me, with posting on several forums, visiting websites, and the homework load in the 2nd semester of my Junior year, It would be a miracle if i have time to find the images your looking for.).

You think I haven't tried Google or anything like that?

Everything I found was that lousy screen from Merrick's website.

Filb's Wiki has a bit bigger screen, but it doesn't have all locations unlocked (well, it has only 3). Thus it's incomplete.

Last edited:
Entire Pokemon World Map

Alright, so I finally got around to making this. This is how I feel the current four main regions play out, according to the anime/games.

What do you all think? Should anything be changed?

(And I know, Johto isn't exactally perfect, but all I had to go off was the GSC map on my Gameboy screen.

MYWORLDMAP.png

I was under the impression that the Orange Archipelago is much larger than that.

Also, this is hardly the "entire Pokemon world". What about Orre, or the Ranger regions? Or the Americas, since that's where Surge is from? Or any of the other areas made reference to in the games?

Awesome man,oh btw Sceptile,he probably maked that map because Pokerpg-s are gthe most important in pokemon world and pokemon ranger world,pokemon XD world,pokemon Mistery dungeon world and the rest pokemon spin-off games worlds are as mentioned in reviews and previews on Serebii.net are located on entirely different continent far away from the orginial pokemon world.

Also,dlt4,do you know any other sites that have pokeimages like those except pokebeach?

Very cool although the regions don't have the same scale size, do they?

What is that area west of Johto with nothing on it? Is it made up? I though that Cianwood Town (is it?) was like an island, not part of a continent.

Sorry bout posting that in a new thread, I wasn't sure where else to put it.

Anyway, like I said, Johto isn't perfect. I also said in the above post that I did the Main RPG regions from the main line of games.

I don't know why people keep calling it Pokemon "World" map when we have never seen anything outside of the Pokemon Nation (regional dex, national dex) that all those regions are a part of. They've been referenced. America like Blackjack said, and France birthplace of Fantina

What I think you should do for that map is, rather than filling the missing land in, just put clouds over it to simulate long distance like that other map. I am sure that Sinnoh is further north than that, and Hoenn further south

And not everything you coloured red in Kanto/Johto are cities.

Sorry bout posting that in a new thread, I wasn't sure where else to put it.

Anyway, like I said, Johto isn't perfect. I also said in the above post that I did the Main RPG regions from the main line of games.
That's fine. It's probably actually better that you started a new thread because some of the super mods and admins can be pretty strict when it comes to thread necromancy. I just merge similar threads because people might have missed discussions from the previous thread.

Again, I said it wasn;t perfect. As for the cities and towns being wrong, ohh well, if you don't like it, don't look at it. In my opinion, this is how the main series regions play out. No, it's not perfect, but since we don't have a map with the official distances and whatnot, I estimated and guessed.

Plus, the file was already kinda big, if I moved Sinnoh and Hoenn any father out, it would make the image huge.

I don't know why people keep calling it Pokemon "World" map when we have never seen anything outside of the Pokemon Nation (regional dex, national dex) that all those regions are a part of. They've been referenced. America like Blackjack said, and France birthplace of Fantina

Umm... I agree with you about Lt. Surge, though the only reason why we DEFINITELY knew that he was from America was because of his Trainer Dex entry. I wouldn't count the Vermillion Gym description as proof since the other gym signs said things about the other Gym Leaders that would simply be impossible (e.g. Misty being a Mermaid, even though she clearly isn't a mermaid, or even related to one.). And even THAT doesn't mean that it's the America that we know. For all we know, "America" could have just as easily have been a region (maybe even a city) outside of the main pokemon Continent.

Fantina, on the other hand, doesn't exactly HAVE that same proof. Before anyone mentions her speaking french before their gym battle, One. Gary (or in the game's case, Blue) was speaking french on the st. anne, and he wasn't even FROM france [heck, the official guide even stated that he was using a fake accent.], and Fantina wasn't even SPEAKING french when you first meet, nor was she speaking french when you defeat her. Two. Even IF she actually spoke french, that doesn't mean she's from france. She could have come from Canada, Jamaica, several african countries that speak french as a second language, she could have come from ANY of these places as WELL as France. I mean, unless someone in the game explicitly called her a frenchwoman, I will doubt that she is french.

BTW, I'd argue that Orre, Fiore, Almia, and the other "Spinoff" games (though whether they are, indeed spinoffs or not is debatable, which I will get to later on in this post) are in fact part of the Main RPG continent. I mean, in regards to Orre, it has to be between the Kanto/Johto region and the Sinnoh region, and maybe even a bit close to the Hoenn region, but that's debatable. For Fiore, I'd position it somewhere at the bottom of the coronet mountain range, and possibly near Kanto. for Almia... well, I'll have to wait on that, But I can guess that it has to be relatively near the Sinnoh region, due to the connectivity to D/P, among other things. Pokemon Island (the setting of Pokemon Snap, not the original name for Kanto) has to be somewhere near Kanto, and Poketopia might be northeast of Sinnoh. The ones that I am DEFINITELY going to cross the line are the Pokemon Mystery dungeon games (due to it being proven canonically that the games take place on another planet), Channel (it's location wouldn't make sense, since Viridian forest is a location, and it can't be the Kanto Viridian forest since they made it quite clear that it isn't Kanto (Cobalt beach and shiver mountain aren't landmarks in Kanto.) and although Jirachi can be spotted and downloaded there, I don't think that he was meant to be a pokemon download in the original version.). Hey You, Pikachu! (It's the prequel to Pokemon Channel, thus by order of elimination, it can't exist.), and Maybe the Pokemon stadium games, though, then again, they do unleash pokemon onto the original games.

Also, They can be near the main pokemon continent and still be considered different nations, I mean, The Orange Islands was considered to be a separate country from Kanto, Johto, Hoenn, and Sinnoh. The Sevii Islands were hinted to be a different country from Kantonet as well, since Kanto and the Sevii Islands (or at least the first 3 islands of the archipelago) had a feud with each other (the Kanto Biker's association's terrorizing Kin Island, as well as their initial reaction towards Red/Ash.), and later came to actually respect Kanto when someone from that region (i.e. Red/Ash) saved the Sevii Game corner owner's daughter from a rouge Hypno.

Also, in regards to the side games, I don't think that the Pokemon Ranger games, Pokemon Colosseum/XD, and certain others should be considered "Spinoffs" since several major impacts towards the Main Games happen when you connect them. Firstly, with the Pokemon Ranger games, you actually NEED the game in order to have any chance of getting Manaphy to Pokemon D/P (and completing the pokedex, not to mention), and in the Colosseum Games, in the Japanese version of the first game at least, it's the only way of getting a Celebi into the third Gen, and also is the only way of getting Jirachi (the Pokemon Colosseum Bonus disc contains a download for Jirachi.), and the others are sequels to the games, so they tie into the main games as well. Pokemon Island is also pretty much a main game due to the fact that Todd Snap appeared in the Anime.

Umm... I agree with you about Lt. Surge, though the only reason why we DEFINITELY knew that he was from America was because of his Trainer Dex entry. I wouldn't count the Vermillion Gym description as proof since the other gym signs said things about the other Gym Leaders that would simply be impossible (e.g. Misty being a Mermaid, even though she clearly isn't a mermaid, or even related to one.). And even THAT doesn't mean that it's the America that we know. For all we know, "America" could have just as easily have been a region (maybe even a city) outside of the main pokemon Continent.

Fantina, on the other hand, doesn't exactly HAVE that same proof. Before anyone mentions her speaking french before their gym battle, One. Gary (or in the game's case, Blue) was speaking french on the st. anne, and he wasn't even FROM france [heck, the official guide even stated that he was using a fake accent.], and Fantina wasn't even SPEAKING french when you first meet, nor was she speaking french when you defeat her. Two. Even IF she actually spoke french, that doesn't mean she's from france. She could have come from Canada, Jamaica, several african countries that speak french as a second language, she could have come from ANY of these places as WELL as France. I mean, unless someone in the game explicitly called her a frenchwoman, I will doubt that she is french.

I think you're overdoing it. :p Isn't Lt. Surge OBVIOUSLY an American? Look at his clothes, look at his style, and his background. "Army" is a term that can be used as a clear proof that someone is American. :p

As for Fantina, the way she dresses gives a classic French feel, and seriously, I don't think that they would make her speak French, and have her being from Bangladesh. If she was Canadian or from Jamaica, where French is a second language, her Japanese would be so bad.

And anyway; even if Lt. Surge and Fantina weren't foreign. Would their not being American or French mean the counties' not existing? No, it wouldn't.

BTW, I'd argue that Orre, Fiore, Almia, and the other "Spinoff" games (though whether they are, indeed spinoffs or not is debatable, which I will get to later on in this post) are in fact part of the Main RPG continent. I mean, in regards to Orre, it has to be between the Kanto/Johto region and the Sinnoh region, and maybe even a bit close to the Hoenn region, but that's debatable. For Fiore, I'd position it somewhere at the bottom of the coronet mountain range, and possibly near Kanto. for Almia... well, I'll have to wait on that, But I can guess that it has to be relatively near the Sinnoh region, due to the connectivity to D/P, among other things.
Also, in regards to the side games, I don't think that the Pokemon Ranger games, Pokemon Colosseum/XD, and certain others should be considered "Spinoffs" since several major impacts towards the Main Games happen when you connect them. Firstly, with the Pokemon Ranger games, you actually NEED the game in order to have any chance of getting Manaphy to Pokemon D/P (and completing the pokedex, not to mention), and in the Colosseum Games, in the Japanese version of the first game at least, it's the only way of getting a Celebi into the third Gen, and also is the only way of getting Jirachi (the Pokemon Colosseum Bonus disc contains a download for Jirachi.), and the others are sequels to the games, so they tie into the main games as well.

Agreed.
Colosseum and XD are not spin-offs. That's not debatable.
Ranger is not a spin-off either. It might be, in terms of mechanics, but everything in it refers to the main RPG games. The Pokemon voices is a main arguement, which is enough to prove Ranger's not being spin off; furthermore, remember the little girl that came to Fiore from Hoenn (or Sinnoh was it?)? There are also minor templates like "A Wild Pokemon Appeared", which Ranger and Main RPG games share, not to mention the arts being made by Sugimori (I think), and the Pokemon Special having a special volume for Pokemon Ranger. Finally, the most basic relation between them, is the indirect plot-connection, when sending the Manaphy egg. It IS mailed from Fiore, and received in Sinnoh; as a mail. I don't think that mailing things to alternative worlds is possible as of yet. :p

As of the other games locations, such as MD, TCG or Pokemon Link!; they are in an alternative world, probably. As for Channel, although the European version of it has a connectivity with the Main RPGs (transfering Jirachi), it's wholy unexplainable; not to mention exclusive to Europe.

Pokemon Island is also pretty much a main game due to the fact that Todd Snap appeared in the Anime.

And furthermore in the Manga. I would love to see it in the lists, but we can't consider it a main game, as there is no obvious connection between it and the RPGs. :p At least yet! Who knows, probably if a new Pokemon Snap Wii is released, we'll get to see some sort of connection like transfering things to the games, or refers to the them. By that time, Snap franschise will be welcomed to the list of games with connection the the main series. :p

Anyway, considering the games locations, I think that they ARE based on the real world after all. All Pokemon regions are made after Japanese regions, or other locations. The main RPGs' at least, are based on Japan, while Orre is in USA, to the best of my knowledge. What I'm not sure about is Fiore and Almia.

So, the most complete Pokemon chart would probably be this:

333px-World_map.png

333px-World_map.png
[/QUOTE]

Lol,yeah!

Uhh, anyway i think Sugimori, the one and only pokemon master should relly make a real map of pokemon world/land/planet or whatever you like to call it.

I think you're overdoing it. :p Isn't Lt. Surge OBVIOUSLY an American? Look at his clothes, look at his style, and his background. "Army" is a term that can be used as a clear proof that someone is American. :p

As for Fantina, the way she dresses gives a classic French feel, and seriously, I don't think that they would make her speak French, and have her being from Bangladesh. If she was Canadian or from Jamaica, where French is a second language, her Japanese would be so bad.

And anyway; even if Lt. Surge and Fantina weren't foreign. Would their not being American or French mean the counties' not existing? No, it wouldn't.

Ok, Army is ALSO used in reference to Britain, Germany, Italy, Roman Empire (before it's fall), China, and before they lost to the allied forces in WWII, Japan.

As for Fantina, it's your opinion, but it still doesn't mean that she actually is french. Besides, Ariel wore a similar dress in the Little Mermaid, and was she french? No, and I doubt that the land area is supposed to be france (then again, where the little mermaid canon even takes place [besides the sea] is debatable). I mean, unlike Lt. Surge, who had a Gym sign AND a trainer dex entry explicitly referencing America, Fantina really didn't have that same issue.

Anyway, considering the games locations, I think that they ARE based on the real world after all. All Pokemon regions are made after Japanese regions, or other locations. The main RPGs' at least, are based on Japan, while Orre is in USA, to the best of my knowledge. What I'm not sure about is Fiore and Almia.

333px-World_map.png

Ok, Though I think that Orre is just above the Kanto/Johto region. I mean, while the first of the colosseum games might have been arguably based on Arizona (which, I assume is what you meant by it being in the USA), XD kinda proved that it can't be based off of Arizona since there is an Ocean not far from Agate Village (to be precise, it's directly west of it, give or take a few inches in the game map.), and an Ocean couldn't have developed out of nowhere in five years time (which was how long it took between Colosseum and XD), an Ocean takes several hundred thousands of years, if not Millions to develop. the closest thing to an Ocean developing there is if there was a tsunami that had enough force to get to the land, but was weakened as soon as it returned to land, thus permanently flooding it. And, correct me if I am mistaken, since I haven't exactly played Pokemon XD, but I don't think that they even referenced a flood once.

Also, about the interview with nintendo power, no offense to anyone, but nintendo power was ALSO the same magazine that mixed up Dialga and Palkia's names, made very big errors in their own strategy guide of "Wild World", and made several mistakes with the translations of Shigeru Miyamoto (the "Ocarina of Time taking place after Link's Awakening" quote comes to mind.). In other words, it's about AS reliable as Pokemon.Com (or at least it's reputation of being very unreliable).

Speaking of which, Pokemon.com could have been mistaken about it. Wouldn't be the first time (the Jessie's age issue, the shadowed pokemon in the opening (who was obviously mewtwo in a cloak) being the crimson glider (you know, that Scizor) comes to mind.). They may have made some answers that are actually correct (like Phione being a Legendary Pokemon), but for the Most part, their answers lean far more in favor with the incorrect than with the correct.

BTW, Nice Map. I can't say it's completely accurate, but, still nice map.

BTW, MasterToshima, Correct me if I'm mistaken, but weren't the official Anime Maps that were distributed with the 7th and 10th movies created by Sugomori?

Well, about the map, while it isn't what i expected (some regions are missing), I won't say that it "sucks".

Though I am surprised that they never mentioned Orre and Fiore in there at ALL, especially considering how they showed all of the Sevii islands despite 6/7ths of them weren't even covered in the anime at ALL. I mean, Knot Island was definitely covered in the last Pokemon Chronicles/Hoso (a fact that, sadly, was skipped over in the dub.), but Boon, Kin, Floe, Chrono, Fortune, Quest, Birth (I think, though then again, it might have been covered in the Deoxys two parter, I'm not sure about that though.), and Navel Islands (Navel Rock from the Orange Islands doesn't count) were never featured in the Anime at ALL.

Lt. Surge, well the only time he was Truly officially labeled as an American was in the first gen remakes with the Trainer Dex Entry (I don't count the Vermillion Gym sign as official wording since, otherwise, we should list Misty as being a Mermaid as well because of what the Cerulean Gym sign said, despite her being very much a human, and NOT a Mermaid.)

anyways, that's all for now.

I really hope Lt. Surge isn't American >.< that would kinda ruin my whole idea of the "pokemon world" :(

Please note: The thread is from 9 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom