• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Pokemon X/Y: Worst mistakes/fails you've made

CrazyIcicle

Reaction score
It's only been 1 month since Pokemon X/Y came out, but thousands of fails/mistakes probably happened.

What's one of your fails?

I killed Mewtwo. Shortly after that, I accidentally killed Zygarde as well. Luckily I used my master ball on Moltres.

Any one of the Super Singles that broke my winning streak because I forgot what type the opposing Pokemon was. C'mon, Klefki totally looks like a steel/ghost!

One of these days I'll remember Clefable is a Fairy type now before I try to throw Fighting type attacks at it.

I killed Mewtwo. Shortly after that, I accidentally killed Zygarde as well. Luckily I used my master ball on Moltres.

You can always reset your game if you don't catch them?

---

I accidentally ran away from Mewtwo at low health twice while I was trying to catch him, something I've never done before. Weird.

Trying to pass down the Heavy Slam move on Onix. Both Onix and Golurk is in the Mineral egggroup. I went and caught a Golett and leveled it up to it evolution stage.
After I had left Onix and Golurk with the daycare, steps after steps, after steps. No eggs.
Then I found out and I had completely forgot that since Golurk is genderless, then it can only breed with Ditto -_-'
So it ended up with me having to level up a Golem to level 69 and then I got what I was after.

I found a shiny charmeleon in the friend safari and sent out my Helioisk. I planned to use thunder wave, but I OHKOd it with thunderbolt instead. Luckily, I found another :p

Could have won a Wi-fi battle if I hadn't forgotten Steel no longer resisted Dark. It had come down to his Scizor vs my Mega Mawile and if I'd used Sucker Punch, I could have won, but, in forgetting, I went for Iron Head instead, and lost to his two Bullet Punches.

Trying to breed a Togepi with Ditto. That didn't work too well. Hundreds of steps later, I talked to the day care man, who told me they couldn't breed.
Of course they can't! Togepi is a baby Pokémon and baby Pokémon don't breed.

Total waste of time -_-"

I was EV Training my Frogadier with perfect ability and nature while playing League of Legends, then i got distracted and was training the wrong stat. I didnt save the game before, so i had to catch another Frogadier with those ability and nature

Trying to pass down the Heavy Slam move on Onix. Both Onix and Golurk is in the Mineral egggroup. I went and caught a Golett and leveled it up to it evolution stage.
After I had left Onix and Golurk with the daycare, steps after steps, after steps. No eggs.
Then I found out and I had completely forgot that since Golurk is genderless, then it can only breed with Ditto -_-'
So it ended up with me having to level up a Golem to level 69 and then I got what I was after.

Yeah, that kinda doesn't make a lot of sense to me either. I mean, Golurk looks male to me but what do I know. ›.‹

Biggest fail on my part? First time I use the GTS, I spot a shiny Golett. I spend twenty minutes trying to find what the Trainer wants: a Feebas.

Yeah, that didn't go so well...as Feebas ain't found in Kalos. :mad:

Using Dragon moves on the new Fairies is the new classic.

I've had a few fails here and there, but none of them were really epic. A few were hilarious, though, like using Me First and it causes the Pokemon to do Explosion. OOPS.

My freind's biggest fail is in sig and its hilarious #1

and if you want to know now my freind's shiny graveler was suicidal

mine was reseting my game with my shiny charmeleon

Yeah, that kinda doesn't make a lot of sense to me either. I mean, Golurk looks male to me but what do I know. ›.‹

Biggest fail on my part? First time I use the GTS, I spot a shiny Golett. I spend twenty minutes trying to find what the Trainer wants: a Feebas.

Yeah, that didn't go so well...as Feebas ain't found in Kalos. :mad:

Yeah, It's weird, it does looks like it could be a male atleast xD
The exact thing happend with me too, except I was looking for something else xD...But kinda annoying that people ask for something that not even in the game -_-'
Lucky enough I met a random Shiny Golett! :D It's so pretty!

Not turning off my Exp. All. The game was super easy with it on, and I regret using it.

I used a Dragon move on a part Fairy type enemy... twice. Darn you, Togekiss. You've changed since glorious GSC days. Togetic. Yeah! :(

I regret flying through the game using Exp share too.

When I fought the first gym with my Torchic when it was Level 15, the Torchic ended up leveling up twice, making it go to Level 17 and evolving to Combusken without Double Kick. Since I think Double Kick is too good to pass by, I went to the last save due to me not wanting to lose.

I found a shiny Pancham. Accidentally killed it. More or less snapped my heart in half, because I'd already had a name planned and everything. I tend to get very attached.

(Luckily, though, I was able to breed one later. Shiny Pangoro is awesome.)

Please note: The thread is from 10 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom