• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Pokeshipping General Discussion

I have a tendency to insert Pokéshipping in fics where no one expects Pokéshipping. Is that a good idea or should I stop getting Palletshippers angry at me?

I have a tendency to insert Pokéshipping in fics where no one expects Pokéshipping. Is that a good idea or should I stop getting Palletshippers angry at me?

That depends on what you tell the reader beforehand. If you leave it open-ended (in other words, no definite couples from the start) and it develops into PokeShipping at some point, then that's fine.

If you say that a story is PalletShipping (or EgoShipping or OrangeShipping or AdvanceShipping or whatever) at the beginning and then change it to PokeShipping in the middle or at the end, you've misled the readers and that is never a good idea.

I suppose it'll depend on your initial audience. If the audience is, for example, advanceshippers, and you insert pokeshipping into it, they're probably going to stop reading it.
I've done that loads of times (except they start off pokeshipping and end up pearlshipping or something) and it kinda put me off reading fanfics a bit, so it's probably best you don't do that.
So basically, what AvidPSFan said.

Hello fellow Poke-shippers :D
So I'm new here, and brought here by RACharmy(heehee, how do you like my almost-nickname for ya? 8D)

Just to introduce myself, the name's Dina, and I am a total-Pokeshipper. I'm 'AmuletMisty' on Youtube and Fanfiction.com x33 They didn't let me make it my name here though so I changed it a bit. I haven't done any Pokeshipping fanfics yet though, but I do have Pokeshipping vids on my YT account (and my back-up account AmuletKasumi x333)

And to AvidPSFan: I read and reviewed your fic 8D It was a really really good psychological fic!

And to bwburke94: If you tell them that it's going to be a Palletshipping fic and it is Pokeshipping in the end - then yes, you should stop, as RACharmy said 8D

@Kid Gruesome. You don't have to be good at introductions (neither am I). Welcome aboard!

So I'm new here, and brought here by RACharmy(heehee, how do you like my almost-nickname for ya? 8D)

Just to introduce myself, the name's Dina, and I am a total-Pokeshipper. I'm 'AmuletMisty' on Youtube and Fanfiction.com x33 They didn't let me make it my name here though so I changed it a bit. I haven't done any Pokeshipping fanfics yet though, but I do have Pokeshipping vids on my YT account (and my back-up account AmuletKasumi x333)

And to AvidPSFan: I read and reviewed your fic 8D It was a really really good psychological fic!

And to bwburke94: If you tell them that it's going to be a Palletshipping fic and it is Pokeshipping in the end - then yes, you should stop, as RACharmy said 8D

Hey AmuletMistii, great of you to join! Oh and the name RACharmy is awesome BTW (anyone else who wants to call me that, please feel free :D)

Hi everyone. I'm new too, and I like pokeshipping (obviously). Oh and i'm not very good at introductions.

Welcome Kid Gruesome! And don't worry about the introduction thing (you should have seen mine, haha)

Hey guys - sorry I haven't posted in... months ^^; I'm still totally for Pokeshipping though! XD Even though the anime has changed quite a bit (aired yesterday in the US, woo) I still love it... and miss the originals c:)

Pokeshipping's still awesome! ;D

Whoa. Two new people in one day. Whaaaaaat? Awesome. I warmly welcome you both here and please don't be shy. We love having more people here posting. Welcome aboard!

Hey guys - sorry I haven't posted in... months ^^; I'm still totally for Pokeshipping though! XD Even though the anime has changed quite a bit (aired yesterday in the US, woo) I still love it... and miss the originals c:)

Yeah it is! Don't we all miss the originals?

So with it being valentines day tomorrow I was trying to think of a way we could celebrate.

The best I could come up with was people posting their favorite artwork or stories.

Granted there might be some repeated posts but whatever! haha

Aaand here comes third new member! xP
I´ve been reading these forums for like a week now and I think that this place has the most loyal pokeshippers I have ever seen so I just had to register here, because I wanted to hop in to the discussion.

I have been poke-fan since the year 2000 and AAML fan for about 5 years now. But I´ve always kept it to my self and never really talked about it to anyone, but lately, I have started to read forums and like 3-4 months ago I joined to serebii forums to discuss about it.
I post pretty rarely, but when I do so, I try to tell everything I´ve thought since my last post.
The only problem is that I´m finnish and my english isn´t perfect, so I make major mistakes on my posts alot... so please don´t get mad at me if I didn´t understand something.

Oh, and if I remember right, I saw another finnish pokeshipper here. It would be awesome to chat with you sometime!

And off topic, but is it possible to hide my email adress somehow?

Hi guys. I'm the FOURTH new member. Completely unrelated to the previous three.

I was an old school Pokemon lover when the series first aired (and I was... 10? So I could really relate with the characters lol...) Recently, as in the last two or three months, I got bored and started playing the DS of the kids I babysit. That led to buying my own DS finally and the Silver/Gold remakes because a few of my friends were playing them. While we're all waiting for Black and White to come out, I got to thinking about the old anime and how much I loved the show. It was one of the first series I followed and even recorded on tape. I didn't even realize it was still on, granted totally different... I couldn't remember how far I'd originally watched it but I knew I'd never seen Misty leaving or anything after that, so I started killing time by rewatching the whole series.

I'm about midway through the Johto days (funny enough I'm playing my DS game at the pace time the characters are going through the region) and it all hit me with such nostalgia. Especially about Ash and Misty. Of course I've been using the main site to look some things up and I just noticed the forums tonight so I peeked in. Had to join up - I was rather shocked there's still such an active Pokeshipping fanbase around all these years after one of the main characters has been written out. Kinda gives me hope that they CAN'T forget about us, and they HAVE to resolve the storyline somehow because they were just left so open-ended and with so much evidence supporting them. Something has to come of it!

So yea hi. Good to be here :) Now I have people to gush to while watching these next few weeks. I'm dreading the episode when Misty leaves (I cheated and already watched it out of order) because it's gonna be hard to continue after that but I know there's some good stuff later on and I'd really like to be able to say I've seen the series in full when it finally ends. Hopefully they bring Misty back for that and give us our due ending.

Oh and Happy Valentine's Day :party:

Hi Dina!It's nice to know you having pokeshiping vids, you could post it here too:)

Hi everyone. I'm new too, and I like pokeshipping (obviously). Oh and i'm not very good at introductions.

Aaand here comes third new member! xP
I´ve been reading these forums for like a week now and I think that this place has the most loyal pokeshippers I have ever seen so I just had to register here, because I wanted to hop in to the discussion.

I was an old school Pokemon lover when the series first aired (and I was... 10? So I could really relate with the characters lol...) Recently, as in the last two or three months, I got bored and started playing the DS of the kids I babysit. That led to buying my own DS finally and the Silver/Gold remakes because a few of my friends were playing them. While we're all waiting for Black and White to come out, I got to thinking about the old anime and how much I loved the show. It was one of the first series I followed and even recorded on tape. I didn't even realize it was still on, granted totally different... I couldn't remember how far I'd originally watched it but I knew I'd never seen Misty leaving or anything after that, so I started killing time by rewatching the whole series.

So yea hi. Good to be here :) Now I have people to gush to while watching these next few weeks. I'm dreading the episode when Misty leaves (I cheated and already watched it out of order) because it's gonna be hard to continue after that but I know there's some good stuff later on and I'd really like to be able to say I've seen the series in full when it finally ends. Hopefully they bring Misty back for that and give us our due ending.

Oh and Happy Valentine's Day :party:

*waves hand*
I hope so. I hope they'll think to bring back Misty or get even a cameo appearance or a special episode. I think we all hope to see MIsty back in the show and rejoin Ash again.
those ''old'' time can never be forgotten and rewatching those episodes made me think that it is still there even the new series has came.

------------------------
Happy Valentine's day!!to all of us POkeshippers!!
and that means, SPREADING the LOVE!

and it's nice seeing new members around..

welcome AmuletMistii,Gruesome, *FIN*~Pokéshipper~ and Tocks! It's nice meeting new pokeshippers around..:)

Welcome new members! It's always great to see more supporters of Pokeshipping!

What?! Four new members! Yaaaayyy welcome to all of you 0/

Oh, and if I remember right, I saw another finnish pokeshipper here. It would be awesome to chat with you sometime!
Haha, so great to meet even more Finnish Pokeshippers :)

Four? In a day? This is all I have to say:

http://www.dailygifblog.com/2009/08/shaking-face-reaction-gif.html

Once again, welcome to all of you and I sincerely hope you enjoy it here!

The only problem is that I´m finnish and my english isn´t perfect, so I make major mistakes on my posts alot... so please don´t get mad at me if I didn´t understand something.

No worries. We won't be mad at you. If you don't understand something, you can just ask for an explanation, I'm sure whoever posted it would be happy to clarify their words.

I was rather shocked there's still such an active Pokeshipping fanbase around all these years after one of the main characters has been written out.

We are indeed active, and we will keep on being active. Frankly, I myself think that it's a little bit surprising that we're still going as strong as we are, but I view it as a testament to the strength of the ship and the tenacity of its fans.

As to the posting of fanart/fanfiction, here are a few links to some choice stuff:

http://onewingedmuse.deviantart.com/gallery/696150#/d285tim
http://sunshineikimaru.deviantart.com/gallery/12522935#/d2p6yho

This last one is from waaaaaaaaaay back. Like, I first saw this in 2000 or 2001.

http://www.thepokemontower.com/artists/angelicalproportions/art18.html

The artist's name is Angelical Proportions. To find the page, go into "the museum" and then click "Ash and co." It's arranged alphabetically. There's some pretty good stuff on that site if you go into the section that shows everything that's gotten awards.

Anyone else here remember The Pokemon Tower? It was the haven for Pokeshippers before FF.net or deviantart even existed. It's still going, though, not nearly as much as it was before, but the admin is still updating. There's some pretty good stuff there if you go into the section that shows everything that's gotten awards.

Wow, so many new members! It's impossible to have too many pokeshippers though, so welcome to you all!

I love the original series too, much more so than AG or DP (and not just because of the pokeshipping)

Sardonicus said:

Ah yes, Onewingedmuse and Sunshineikimaru are two of my favourite AAML artists. It says on Sunshineikimaru's page that she's not a pokeshipper anymore though, and that made me quite sad.

Back
Top Bottom