• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

PokéShipping

Status
Not open for further replies.
There are some strong reasons to assume that Ash is the father of the child, and that the mother is Misty, but whether any writer of the current series will have this in mind, I think that there can be some reasonable doubt about that. Anyone who can translate this trailer? Maybe that will shed some more light on the events on we see in this trailer.

There are some strong reasons to assume that Ash is the father of the child, and that the mother is Misty, but whether any writer of the current series will have this in mind, I think that there can be some reasonable doubt about that. Anyone who can translate this trailer? Maybe that will shed some more light on the events on we see in this trailer.
There's nothing special about the song - it's just Poketto ni Fantasy, an old ED talking about how everyone can enjoy Pokemon :p Whether or not the writers still have this in mind we can't know, however the writing team itself remains largely the same. Because of things changing they might have scrapped the original planned ending, but who knows?

I was not referring to the words in the song, but to the little talking when the pokemon shape clouds fly over. And the words that are spoken at the end, which while the song is still playing. Or are both spoken parts a part of the song to?

The first bit is part of the song, though not the ED. It's just Sachiko asking what the kids' dreams are, and they reply that they wanna get all the pokemon or something equally silly and Sachi goes "Me too!" And one kid says that it's weird that an adult would want that .etc. It's not movie specific. At the end it just says that the film is "Mewtwo Strikes Back" and that there's a pika short as well. The dialogue is irrelevant.

The first bit is part of the song, though not the ED. It's just Sachiko asking what the kids' dreams are, and they reply that they wanna get all the pokemon or something equally silly and Sachi goes "Me too!" And one kid says that it's weird that an adult would want that .etc. It's not movie specific. At the end it just says that the film is "Mewtwo Strikes Back" and that there's a pika short as well. The dialogue is irrelevant.

Too bad, it may have made identifying the persons in the trailer more secure.

By the way, the little girl that you see in the trailer has red hair right? She looks quite a lot like this picture of Misty as used in Pokemon Stadium 2:

S2_Leader_Misty.png

So there is also a possibility that the little girl is Misty in her childhood days, and the mother is not Misty, but Misty's mother. And that the events took place before she met Ash, and the time the movie took place. And that later it was decided that Misty should have orange hear in the series, but kept it red in Stadium, just like in this trailer. And then the Pikachu is just another Pikachu than Ash's.

Last edited:
By the way, the little girl that you see in the trailer has red hair right? She looks quite a lot like this picture of Misty as used in Pokemon Stadium 2...So there is also a possibility that the little girl is Misty in her childhood days, and the mother is not Misty, but Misty's mother...And then the Pikachu is just another Pikachu than Ash's.

Yeah, it's possible, I guess.

It's also possible that originally Misty was secretly the Harbormaster's long-lost love child and the small girl is her newly discovered half-sister, and Ash and Brock ran off to Fire Island together.

Possible...but not very probable.

Okay, ordinarily I wouldn't say this, but this IS the Pokeshipping thread, and...ah, I'll spoiler it. Better safe than sorry and all that.

**Warning: inside this spoiler tag is just me being obnoxious! Open at your own risk!**

Just give up and face it, dude! Pokeshipping was planned canon from the start! NOTHING they've done since has ever refuted it! We were right and you were wrong, so suck it up, deal with it, and move on!

*pant...pant...*

(Sorry, but with so many people telling us to "deal with" the changes in the show and "move on" to the ship du jour...that just felt really good to say.)

PS - if anyone quotes this post, PLEASE leave all of this part in spoiler tags, and include the warning in red! And I believe you can "nest" spoiler tags...

Okay, I feel better now. :rolleyes:

Isn't she that lifeguard/lighthousekeeper/random fortune telling woman from the movie? She doesn't do much :/

Yeah, she's the Harbormaster. The one with the accent that sounds like she should be planning "big trouble for moose and squirrel!"

:p

Too bad, it may have made identifying the persons in the trailer more secure.

By the way, the little girl that you see in the trailer has red hair right? She looks quite a lot like this picture of Misty as used in Pokemon Stadium 2:

S2_Leader_Misty.png

So there is also a possibility that the little girl is Misty in her childhood days, and the mother is not Misty, but Misty's mother. And that the events took place before she met Ash, and the time the movie took place. And that later it was decided that Misty should have orange hear in the series, but kept it red in Stadium, just like in this trailer. And then the Pikachu is just another Pikachu than Ash's.

Actually, Misty does look like that in the trailer.

...I honestly can't believe I never saw that before.

However, is that girl actually Satoshi and Kasumi's daughter as some people are speculating? I...can't really say. I do see the resemblance, but I'm wondering if that girl's character became Ai (ie. that clone girl) in the final movie. Of course, if the character did change, that doesn't discount the possibility she was originally meant as Kasumi's daughter.

Yeah, it's possible, I guess.

It's also possible that originally Misty was secretly the Harbormaster's long-lost love child and the small girl is her newly discovered half-sister, and Ash and Brock ran off to Fire Island together.

Possible...but not very probable.

Okay, ordinarily I wouldn't say this, but this IS the Pokeshipping thread, and...ah, I'll spoiler it. Better safe than sorry and all that.

**Warning: inside this spoiler tag is just me being obnoxious! Open at your own risk!**

Just give up and face it, dude! Pokeshipping was planned canon from the start! NOTHING they've done since has ever refuted it! We were right and you were wrong, so suck it up, deal with it, and move on!

*pant...pant...*

(Sorry, but with so many people telling us to "deal with" the changes in the show and "move on" to the ship du jour...that just felt really good to say.)

PS - if anyone quotes this post, PLEASE leave all of this part in spoiler tags, and include the warning in red! And I believe you can "nest" spoiler tags...

Okay, I feel better now. :rolleyes:

Glad you got that of your chest? :lol:

But I totally agree, whatever the girls in the trailer may be, there are plenty of hints in the first series of Pokemon, and for instance the movie with the three legendary birds and Lugia, that Misty was Ash's original, first canon, love interest. I haven't seen Ash admit it just as much as Misty, but the way they deal with each other, or were always so quick to deny being anything more than "just friends" when someone noticed how cute they were together, it just fits.

So, there is a chance that, say in the future, perhaps if the show is ever ended, they will pick up where they left when Misty was written to the background by the writers. But no one can garantuee that, for sure. So whether who is "right" remains to be seen. Based on the "Angie-episodes" and especially "Ghoul Daze" where Ash said he would never let her go "even if it means forever" I'd put my money on her getting closer to Ash. But I also keep in mind that Misty comes in really close after that, with any other shipping with Ash far less likely than these two.

Just noticed that no one had confirmed it, so I will. The voice right at the end is the voice of Kasumi, however it's just her telling us that the movie will be "coming this summer", together with the accompanying short Pikachu film. As for the music over the trailer, it's just the exact same version of the song that's used for the anime ED theme.

Arg, it's torturing me to talk and think about Ash and Misty's alleged child...I miss her!

No need to despair. There is still a chance it may happen somewhere in the future, since apart from a lot of shipping hints paring Ash with other girls, nothing is 100% certain about their future. We just have to see and wait if the writers will let Ash make a choice, and who it will be. :eh:

However, is that girl actually Satoshi and Kasumi's daughter as some people are speculating? I...can't really say. I do see the resemblance, but I'm wondering if that girl's character became Ai (ie. that clone girl) in the final movie. Of course, if the character did change, that doesn't discount the possibility she was originally meant as Kasumi's daughter.
It's speculation (obviously ;-)) but Kasumi's interaction with her, and more so, Pikachu's does suggest that it's their kid. It would be a little weird if she was a previous incarnation of Ai, but then again, I guess it's also weird that the harbourmaster's there.

Also, it isn't exactly the same as the ED version :p (But that doesn't really matter, I'm just nitpicky about it!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom