• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Pokewalker Scares

It's not really a 'losing it' story but as I was walking with it one day, the screw suddenly unloosened itseld and the machine detached itself from the black holder part and it fell ont he ground. It had a few scuffs but (to my relief), my Quagsire was still visible. It was just weird that the screw had unscrewed itself

I've dropped mine a lot, scratched the screen,

I'm the kind of guy who overreacts whenever I see something of mine damaged. I was waiting for my bus one day when all of a sudden I dropped my Pokewalker! Lucky for me, it didn't fall into the street, but it did get some scratches. I was extremely upset.

I also had to bring some science fair posters to my science class, and during homeroom, my Pokewalker does that "Na-na-na-na-nanananaaaaaaaaaa" noise when you gain watts. My teacher told me to turn it off and everyone was staring at me. I could have sworn I turned off the sound that day!!

^ That happens to me. You move around and press a series of buttons on the menu, then it screws around with the sound.
Isn't it annoying?

I went bathing whit mine, along whit my phone and money. I will remember to check my pockets before rushing into the sea from now.

Anyway, my phone died, and I got a better phone, since mine was like two years old, and apparently that is extremely old for a phone. I lost my paper money, but it wasn't that much (about 5 GBP (you Americans can do the math yourself, I don't remember what a USD is worth)) and my Polkewalker stopped working, but not at once, I hold took it up to check if it was OK, and at first it was, then my Lucario faded away, and I was like; damn, gotta ship another one, since apparently Norwegians is too greedy to break their stuff or something so they don't sell Pokewalkers separately here. But then I realized; the battery! Since it didn't fail at once, and then I remembered something from science class (which is really bad since the vacation have started, and doing school stuff during the vacation is like cursing in church, well telling from my friends behavior at least). And I went buying a new battery, the manual said that I could only use batteries of the kind that came whit the device, but I didn't believe it since it was in Swedish, so now my Pokewalker has a Indonesian battery and works perfectly fine, I got all my stuff back, my 5000 watts, Lucario, Horsea and the three Choice Band I had. The step counter retested, but whatever, I had only walked like 200 steps that day.

O yeah, on my old, dead, battery it said 09-11, and that prove that it wasn't Al Quaida that was responsible for the attack, since it can't be a coincidence.

A kid a school stole it from me.

Why, I don't know.

I had a Chinchou on it.

If you were to lose your PokeWalker would you lose the Pokemon stored on it?

No there is a function that let you get the Pokemon back, this will however make the game reset the Pokewalker, it says quite clearly what to do in the manual (even in the Swedish translation, can someone please tell me why the hell my manuals are in Swedish/Danish and Swedish/Finnish? I live in Norway, if anything give me an English one).

Or look here

can someone please tell me why the hell my manuals are in Swedish/Danish and Swedish/Finnish? I live in Norway, if anything give me an English one

It's common procedure to treat Norwegian and Danish as one language for multi-language manuals, instructions, product descriptions, and the like. The two languages are close enough that it shouldn't matter much.

(and what do you wear while swimming, anyway? :p)

It's common procedure to treat Norwegian and Danish as one language for multi-language manuals, instructions, product descriptions, and the like. The two languages are close enough that it shouldn't matter much.

(and what do you wear while swimming, anyway? :p)

Well, I can get that, but that only explain that Danish/Swedish manual for my SS, my HG had a Swedish/Finnish manual. Yes, I know that Danish and Norwegian is 90% the same (Bokmål anyway, screw those who use New Norwegian), but I find it much easier to read English. And I wear a shorts while swimming, like this;

060331163644s.jpg

And I didn't feel like changing on the beach, because then I would have to wait before I could rush into the sea.

Please note: The thread is from 14 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom