• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Pokéworld at War: Search for the Wish-Maker (Start-Up)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Plumbum

Ambitiose sed Ineptum
Reaction score
@Blathers @Valcarona @Loyalty @RegiReece

So, I started it a day before I said I would. I'm eager :) I've also made an actual OOC thread. Don't ask me why, I just don't like OOC in the main.

Some More War History
Six months into the war, and it was something very tough to call which way it would go - although the Loyalists were fewer in number, the humans kept their towns and cities running for them, so they could commit more to the frontlines. It had been a half-year of bloody stalemate. But a big change was in the making. Although the Loyalists didn't know it, Latios had been left in charge of the separatists, and even a few sightings of Rayquaza had been made, flying above the region with an unknown destination. It turned out, he was headed to Mt. Coronet, where it had all began. Not for any level of reminisce, but because he knew Ho-Oh did go there and reminisce. And as he approached, the phoenix was there. This time, rather like six months ago, the conflict was fast, Ho-Oh was completely blindsided as Rayquaza flew directly into him. They both fell to the bottom of the mountain. However Rayquaza was quick back into the air, and the shocked bird didn't even have time to flap his wings before the dragon set on him again, from above this time. Ho-Oh didn't get back up, although he was still breathing. Every sense Rayquaza had told him he should finish Ho-Oh off right there. But he didn't He wrapped one of his talons around that of Ho-Oh and flew him back to Jubilife. They had a special containment unit should Ho-Oh or Moltres ever have been caught alive, and imprisoning the bird would do so much more for his forces' morale, not to mention that is satisfied something inside him more to see Ho-Oh helpless than dead.

Ho-Oh's capture had an almost immediate effect, as some Loyalist strongholds under siege surrendered and more abused pokémon were inspired to join the Separatists as it appeared they were with the winning side in the war whilst pokémon that would otherwise be Loyalist combatants erred away from joining a war that they felt they would just die in fruitlessly. The war started tipping into favour of the Separatists.

Loyalists - Sunyshore City

The situation in the war could be described as bleak at best. Separatists were everywhere. Johto, Kanto, Unova, Hoenn. All overrun. And even here in Sinnoh, the war could be only described as pretty much over. Only Sunyshore, Veilstone and Pastoria still stood between the Separatists and total control of the entire world. And even though the war hadn't reached Sunyshore yet, the war was in the air. The tension could be almost sliced with a knife. There were many pokémon wearing dire faces, and even more humans as they contemplated the end of days. But a few things kept hope alive that they could pull something out. Chief amongst which being the rumors that were circulating about the Wish-Maker. A force that could turn their entire war effort about in an instant.

In fact, Moltres had pulled up a force of the few pokémon that could be spared to seek out the Wish-Maker. They had been instructed to meet outside the old Gym. Gratia was first to arrive. She was leant against one of the support pillars, arms folded and staying quiet, just waiting for the others to arrive.

Separatists - Jubilife City

In a stark contrast, Jubilife City held a positive atmosphere - the Loyalists were on their back foot and they were pushing hard. An end to their war was in sight and it was the end they wanted to see. Even better, Loyalists were even recieving false information about their successes, as Separatist agents had won so sharply in Orre they could send messages under guise of Loyalists hailing successes there, when Orre was as far under their control as any other region of the world. The rumors of the Wish-Maker were in Jubilife, but they were of little concern. The main thing that Separatists needed to do was make sure that the Loyalists never met the Wish-Maker.

Of course, this was to be achieved by a select few of Rayquaza's agents, who were instructed to meet up outside the Global Terminal, well within sight of where Ho-Oh lay captured. The phoenix at this time was in his usual state, refusing to give a show to the Separatists looking on, simply slumped against the shackles in his rock-clad cage. Blades always found the sight of Ho-Oh somewhat amazing as he sat on one of the higher outcroppings on the Global Terminal building. He was glad a factor like that had been taken out of the equation.

Kipp

Kipp walked with a bounce in his step towards the local Gym. Moltres had instructed Kipp and a few others to meet outside of the now sadly underused Gym, and it excited every one of Kipp's fibers. Maybe Moltres had some sort of secret mission. That would mean that Moltres thought HIM (and a few others) were good enough to become top secret operatives! The thought boasted Kipp's confidence and encouraged him to pick up speed as the Gym came in sight.
I'd rather die then light Moltres down! Kipp thought to himself as he picked up speed towards the gym.

By the time Kipp was nearby the gym, he was practically sprinting. Kipp charged forward in a manner similar to a Raptor. Something to Kipp's right caught his attention, and as he ran he spotted a Riolu leaning against the side of the Gym with her arms crossed. The Riolu looked rather young, and Kipp wasn't sure if he recognized her or not. However, Kipp stopped paying attention to where his feet were for a moment, and before he knew it one of the sharp claws on his feet wedged itself into the ground. Kipp immediately fell forward, and landed on his stomach with an loud thump. Kipp's tail hung over his head as he sat on the ground, slightly dazed.
"Re-READY FOR DUTY!" He called as his clawed arm went over his head in a salute, despite the fact he was splayed out across the ground.

============================================

Lucelia

Lucelia drifted slowly through the streets, her purple tentacles lazily drifting through the air as she went. The Jellicent wanted to always look regal, no matter the occasion, and she wasn't in a particular rush to get to the meeting. Lucelia wanted to avoid looking too eager for duty, or else she might appear needy in front of the commoners, even if, for some outrageous reason, Lucelia was forced to deal with them on a daily basis. It angered the Jellicent that she wasn't as high on the social ladder then she deserved to be, but maybe this next assignment would be the ticket she needed to become one of the people calling out the orders rather then the mindless drone expected to carry them out. Soon the Global Terminal came into sight, and Lucelia looked up into the sky to check the sun. Hopefully, Lucelia was reasonably late for the meeting. Even if she had little to actually occupy her time with, she liked to create the illusion that she was a very busy lady who was only donating her precious time for the cause.

Lucelia continued to float towards the Global Terminal, acting as gracefully as she could be. She passed by the bars of Ho-oh's cell, and she stopped for a moment to glance at the figure huddled in the cell. Ho-oh was huddled against the bars, refusing to meet any passers-by face to face. Lucelia saw this as almost tragic; the legendary pokemon of the world were some of the most elegant creatures of the pokemon kingdom, a world riddled with obnoxious and ugly little beasts who mindlessly toiled away at nothing worthwhile.
"Oh, how far legends can fall." She said smugly before turning away and joining the others. Lucelia made an effort to appear uninterested at what was happening, choosing instead to inspect herself in a mirror she had brought along. She allowed the mirror, for a moment, to catch the reflection of a Scyther waiting patiently on top of the Global Terminal. If the rumors she heard were true, this Scyther simply referred to himself as 'Scyther' because he lacked the imagination to give himself something better.
A bland name suitable for a bland appearance. Lucelia thought to herself as she turned her mirror back towards herself to catch her full, glorious reflection.

Valor - Loyalist

Another wave pushed its way up onto the beach, placing itself underneath the foot of a lone Gallade who walked the shore before his foot came down, splashing the water onto his legs as he continued towards the Sunyshore Gym. Getting a little wet was no issue to the Gallade, however. Valor always liked the water, and it wouldn't make any real difference if he were to show up at the gym with his feet wet. Approaching the gym along the seashore was neither as practical nor as quick as taking the walkways which connected the several small, scattered islands, but taking more time to reach the gym left the Valor with time to think, so long as he made sure not to be late. It was fortunate that Valor had plenty of time to spare, as he had much to think about. Just as he had began to worry that his role in the Loyalist Army would never be one of particular importance, Valor had been specifically requested to meet with the entire army's second-in-command. Though under the circumstances, it was fair to say that he had been picked by none other than the Loyalist commander, given Ho-Oh's capture from the Separatists. What the meeting was about Valor had only the slightest idea, speculating that it has something to do with the Wish-Maker, though Valor was no more sure as to what that is supposed to be. Whatever it was, Valor only knew that it is supposed to be the key to a Loyalist victory, which meant that this meeting was probably going to be the opportunity of Valor's lifetime. If this is about the Wish-Maker, or namely the fact that Valor would be asked to retrieve it, then he would be ultimately be credited as one of the Loyalists who acquired the Wish-Maker, ultimately winning the war. Surely he would be considered a hero.

Valor stopped with a confident smirk on his face as he prepared to teleport to the gym on the hill a few years away. "Well I sure don't wanna keep good ol' Moltres waitin' on me." A brilliant flash of light erupted at the spot where Valor was standing, and he was nowhere to be seen once it ebbed.

Moments later, an identical flash of light appeared without warning inside the Sunyshore Gym. Valor teleported onto one of the gym's inactive gear floors and looked around at the room's other occupants as he removed the mirrored sunglasses he was wearing over his eyes. He recognized the Breloom and Riolu that were in the large room with them, though either of them were Pokemon he was too familiar with. He tried to recall names, feeling certain that he knew them but nonetheless failing to determine what they were. Thus, he thought of nothing remarkable to say and opted to play it silent for the moment. Valor dropped the sunglasses in his hand, folding one of the resting hooks over the chain of the ID tags around his neck with telekinetic assistance as he sat at the edge of the giant hear.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Aegis - Separatist

Ho-Oh was the first thing Aegis noticed as she quietly walked towards the Global Terminal building, carrying with her a small book and a candy bar. At this point she assumed that the sight of the legendary bird would have become normal, but it seemed as though she would never get used to him being in that cage no matter how many times she would see it. She sat at a fountain in the GT building's courtyard, well away from the imprisoned legend whom she maintained an intentional lack of eye contact with. She felt guilty knowing that a movement which she participated in was responsible for the capture of the magnificent Pokemon, wishing that the conditions of his capture could have been, among plenty of other things, less public. As much as Ho-Oh interested her, Aegis thought it was best that he was not bothered. Though her intent was much less hostile, the other Separatists had already done their share of bothering and she couldn't imagine that Ho-oh would have the slightest desire to speak with her regardless.

Trying to lead her thoughts elsewhere, Aegis unwrapped a chocolate bar she carried with her to the courtyard telekinetically, and opened up the child's picture book in her hands. Though average children would read through these books with relative ease, Aegis had thus far spent a considerable amount of time attempting to decipher the text. It wasn't particularly necessary, given she had already been able to determine the brief plot of the story through its illustrations alone, but that was instrumental to figuring out what the words on the paper were supposed to mean. She had made good progress thus far, reading about the cartoonishly-depicted Finneon that lived in some sort of underwater community of talking water Pokemon (whom Aegis viewed with mildly-amusing envy). With an idle shift in the telekinesis she used to levitate her chocolate bar, Aegis floated it before her mouth and took a bite as she began analyzing the sentence she had left off on, trying to determine the meaning of each individual word.

"Stewart had a way of making this much easier on me."

Gratia, although somewhat harshly jolted out of her thoughts found herself hard-pressed to avoid bursting out laughing at the Breloom that seemed to introduce himself from a face-down position, as it was going she needed every laugh she could get. With a small chuckle she stood up and walked over to him and offered her hand. "Do you want a hand up there?" Her other hand was sharply used to cover her eyes as the Gallade teleported in. After the suprise wore off, although she was pretty confident that they were she still asked the most obvious question. "I guess you're the other guys Moltres mentioned?"

Blade decided it best to at least meet the rest of the team, and hopped off of his little outcropping. Halfway towards the ground he buzzed his wings into life and gracefully pulled level close to the ground, circling around the cage with Ho-Oh in it once before he slowed himself to a landing just short of Lucelia. "When they said there was a Jellicent here, I thought they were kidding." he muttered under his breath (albeit not as quietly as he'd like).

Last edited:
Kipp

"I... I think I'll take you up on that offer." Kipp said as his clawed hand stretched towards the Riolu's outstretched arm. When the Breloom was on his feet again, he brushed the dirt off of his stomach and shook to dislodge even more.
"Thank you! I... I can be a bit clumsy.." Kipp said, scratching his head uncomfortably. It took him a moment to realize a Gallade was standing nearby as well; he didn't see who came in with his face in the dirt.
"Yes, Moltres called for me too. My name is Kipp!" Kipp said, smiling. "Do you think that Moltres has some sort of secret mission for us? That would be really cool!" Kipp said as he looked into the air dreamily.

===============================================

Lucelia

"I take it you don't see Jellicent very often." Lucelia said without looking up from her mirror. "We usually choose to stay in the oceans, but when I heard about what was happening, I couldn't resist joining in." Lucelia put her mirror away and glanced at Blade.
"You can refer to me as Lucelia, though that is only a temporary title. One of these days you'll be referring to me as Mistress." She said with a friendly, somewhat unsettling smile.
"Your name is Blade, A.K.A Scyther, correct? I'm sure I can bring myself to work with you for the time being." With that and a flick of her tentacles she was off. She stopped just behind a Gardevoir whom Lucelia assumed was also called here by Rayquaza. Gardevoirs were more elegant then most creatures, and Lucelia respected that. In the Gardevoir's hand she held a book, and in the book there were pictures of a cartoon Fineon and other underwater pokemon.
"You know, I come from a place a lot like that." Lucelia says as she extends a tentacle to touch one of the pictures in the book the Gardevoir is reading.

Gratia

"Yeah, we're superspies or... something. I'm Gratia by the way." In all honesty, she hadn't really thought about what she'd be doing for whatever Moltres had planned. She'd been on the front for a lot of time, with her mother and father, but that very obviously hadn't gone to plan. But that didn't really give her any clues. "I don't know, maybe he wants us to go bust out Ho-Oh or something, wherever the poor guy is." Truth betold, she didn't even genuinely believe Ho-Oh was still alive. But she wouldn't dare say it in case she worried her allies.

Blade

The Scyther didn't exactly react well to being flpped off. He folded his arms (taking a lot of care not to remove the upper half of said arms by doing so). "Don't worry, I'm the one who has to make accommodations to work with a blimp."

Valor - Loyalist

"Whatever Moltres has got for us, I'm ready to rock it. Long as the Seps been havin' their way, it's 'bout time I had a good chance to tear 'em up." The Riolu had a point, Valor considered as he spoke. He though so much about all of the talk going around about the Wish-Maker, and it sounded so appealing that he hardly thought of any other possibilities. As much as he would have liked to bring it up, Valor would rather avoid the risk of being wrong about Moltres' meeting. The Gallade stood from the large gear he was sitting on and pushed off of the edge, frontflipping over the gap between the gear and the floor where the other Pokemon stood. When he landed, Valor held his pair of sunglasses in his left hand to avoid dropping them into said gap. He extended his right hand out towards the other Pokemon with a friendly smile on his face, which, of course, looked liked another overconfident smirk. "Name's Valor, y'all."

------------------------------------------------------------

Aegis - Separatist

Aegis listened to the Scyther's snide comment as the Jellicent appriached to speak with her. Though she had meant for her reponse to have much more depth to it, Aegis began to predict that the vain Pokemon beside her would feel compelled to retort. Retort, in this instance, may very well mean senseless bickering soon enough. It would be interesting to see how far the Jellicent would take the comment, and good to keep in mind if she is to work with her in the future as Aegis assumed. "I'm sure it was lovely," she felt would suffice for the moment.

Last edited:
Kipp

"It's nice to meet you!" Kipp said. "I think we'll make a great team! But.." Kipp looked around the area they were in.
"Is Moltres here? I had thought that Moltres wanted us to meet here, but he's (she?) is nowhere to be seen!" Kipp balanced on his tail and lifted himself up a few inches higher then he usually would be able to.

=====================================================

Lucelia

Lucelia didn't appreciate the Scyther's remark, but she decided against responding. In her experience with the land-dwelling pokemon, they often said very rude things in order to elicit a reaction. Lucelia kept her attention on the book as she spoke,
"Yes, it was quite nice. It has gotten rather cluttered over the last few months, though. Ship-wrecks are not exactly pleasing to the eye."
Lucelia squinted at the page.
"Ah... I see. That looks like human text. Is someone trying to learn how to read?" Lucelia said with a smile, "I don't mean to dissapoint darling, but I don't know how long that skill will actually be useful to you. At least not if Rayquaza has his own way. Speaking of which," She said looking away. "Where is Rayquaza? It is uncouth to be late to your own meeting."

Reece walked out of the pokecentre, squinting in the bright daylight. A's he walked, he noticed smoke in the far horizon, and chuckled. "now where are the others?" he has a's he looked sound, completely unaware of where he was meeting them.

Ethan glided over the group of loyalists. He would have introduced himself, but he knew that if he got too familiar with the soldiers, it would hurt too much if they were killed on the battlefield. He remained silent, observing his surroundings, when he saw a Riolu.

"This war is getting ridiculous," he thought, "There are children passing as soldiers..."

Sunyshore

Moltres flew over Sunyshore with an unrivaled grace, even in spite of the two Skarmory that had chased him all this way. He took a quick glance behind him to see that they were gaining on him, and his best plan would be to use that against them. He flapped his wings forward to slow down, and then backward to strike his pursuers, taking them both out of the sky with one bouncing off the roof of the disused Gym before coming to rest face first in the ground whilst his partner carried more momentum, instead taking his undignified plummet directly into the sea. Moltres carried his momentum downwards enough to make a sharp landing beside the Gym. From this distance the team could see the large and still-bleeding wound he had taken under his right wing. But he paid it no heed. Under heavy breaths, he started to speak.

"Have any of you ever heard the legend of the Wish-Maker? If it wasn't a war, I wouldn't be able to tell you this, but the legend is real. I have seen it with my own eyes. And we need it. This war is lost, and we need the Wish-Maker to turn it around." He stopped to consider how to say what was needed to be said. Defeat entered his voice. "You.... we need you to find it. Before we lose this battle. We can't gamble on rumors bu it's all we have left." Moltres knew the search should have started sooner. He gave his orders. "There are instructions to find the Wish-Maker, but they're deep in places we can't get to. Go Yamask's Tomb. It is said there may be clues there. Just be careful. Nobody has been inside for hundreds of years. We don't know how many ghosts are in there... or whether they're friendly." He stood and waited for anyone to ask anything.

Jubilife

Rayquaza entered Jubilife with nothing short of a spectacle, flying at a height only just above the head height of the tallest pokémon around. As he passed Ho-Oh's cage, he made sire to hit it hard with his tail on the way past. The glare this earned him could have perhaps killed him, if only he gave a shit what Ho-Oh thought.
"Legends fall. Now is your time, Ho-Oh."

"Listen up, you." He was now referring to the team he'd assembled. "I don't know what these guys are doing, but the Loyalists" He spat the word out with pure contempt "just sent out some guys to Yamask's Tomb. Go out there, find out what they're doing and stop them!" He didn't need to say any more. His orders were given.

Kipp

As Moltres confirmed the existance of the wish-maker, Kipp's eyes lit up. The Wish-Maker, of course! That could fix everything! However, a shiver crawled down Kipp's spine as Moltres mentioned the tomb of the Yamask.
"Gh-ghosts..? Some of them.. they give me the creeps!" Kipp said, putting emphasis in his words. "B-but I'm not afraid! Not at all! Anything for the cause!" Kipp puffed out his chest and stood up straight.
"I'm ready to go when you guys are!" Kipp secretly hoped his bravado would be enough to get him through the tomb; honestly, he disliked being the enemy of ghost types. There was just something about fighting them that made Kipp feel uncomfortable. But Kipp was going to do whatever it was Moltres asked him, even if it meant entering a tomb full of Yamask.

================================================================

Lucelia

"We'll be right on that." Lucelia said casually before heading off towards where they needed to be. She didn't check behind her to see if her other two associates were following, she just went in the direction she needed to go. Lucelia hated to behave like a servant of anyone, but following Rayquaza's orders was in her best interest; one of these days she'll be calling the shots, and she won't need to deal with him directly.
She sighed after she was confident Rayquaza was out of ear-shot.
"Some people just don't know how to treat royalty." Lucelia continued towards the Yamask's tomb. Lucelia knew that the Yamask there weren't exactly friendly to outsiders, but she wasn't going to let them get in her way if she could help it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom