• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Poll - Most feminine looking starter family

Which starter family looks the most feminine?

• Total voters

Andros 1337

Reaction score
As with the Eeveelutions, starter Pokémon are generally male based on their gender ratios. However, I was wondering, which starter family do you think looks the most feminine?

I would say the Chikorita family, definitely.

Charmander, Chikorita, Piplup and Snivy families are all pretty feminine-looking to me.

When I look at all three stages of the evolutionary line in the starter families...there's only one family that screams FEMININE all the way through - Chikorita's.

Chikorita's, definitely. Even though it's untrue, it's generally thought of that females love flowers/the colour pink more than males.

Like everybody else Chikorita... it looks really girly and every anime apperence of the line tthe Pokemon has been Female.. have we seen a Male Chikorita in the anime? plus Rita is a very feminine sounding name

Like everyone else, I say Chikorita, bar none. It's pretty obvious. After that, Torchic, and maybe Snivy and Treeko if you feel like pushing the envelope.

The Chikorita family by a long shot, with the Torchic and Piplup families ranking at a distant tie for second. What gives Chikorita the advantage is the fact that all its evolutions look somewhat feminine, while Torchic's and Piplup's evolutions look wholly ambiguous.

Last edited:
Snivy? I don't really think so. Maybe Serperior. Maybe. But that's really it. Snivy isn't feminine-looking, and Servine isn't especially feminine. Definitely Chikorita's, though.

Chikorita line and Torchic line. Former based largely on most of its appearances in the anime being Ash's female one combined with ending in "-rita", latter based on appearance and ending in "-chic".

Not that I can't see them being male, but by default I just assume they're female, despite only having 12.5% chance of being so. (Which I never understood, but then again I never understood game mechanics as a whole very well in the first place.)

Chikorita. Duh. Isn't it obvious? Personally, I think its empowering, and a damn good thing that they look feminine.

VERY distantly, and if you really stretch it, I'd say Squirtle, Torchic, Piplup and Snivy could qualify (to name at least one from each generation.)

Chikorita, of course. Bayleef looks a little bit masculine, but Chikorita and Meganium look very feminine, in my opinion.

Please note: The thread is from 13 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom