• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Poll: Next Eeveelotion you want to see (Top 3)?

Next Eeveelotion you want to see (Top 3)?

• Total voters
I'd quite like none as well, because I'm tired of the whole Eeveelution thing. Since that won't happen, I'd prefer a pure Steel-type

I'd much rather stick to what we've got already, too. Though if we did have to get another, I'd say Dragon, since that rounds off the original 'special' types (plus Fairy which would've been special if it was a thing back then), and that'd mean half of the types were covered which is quite enough. Then hopefully an even better case could be made for calling that enough, and stopping heaping attention on a line that's been with us since Gen 1. Admittedly I do rather like the eeveelutions, but seriously, eight of them and people still want more?

What I think would be preferable to yet more eeveelutions could be some other line(s) that had a split between several different type evolutions, so at least if people want that sort of thing, the other types would feel fresher, and something other than eevee might get a day in the sun. Well, maybe, not sure that's exactly a good idea, but preferable to more eeveelutions at least.

Really, honestly, might I ask what could yet more of them actually contribute? We've already covered basically every stat-distribution, and role in a team, and there'd be no room for others without retreading more ground. To be honest, they do retread ground already - compare jolteon's stats to espeon's for example. And umbreon's always been overshadowed by vaporeon as a wall, something sylveon hasn't been helping out with. Another eeveelution now would have to compete for another's role, either replacing or falling behind one who's already with us. I know style and design are important too, but if something wants to get attention and love, this isn't something it can ignore.

So in summary, I love the eeveelutions - the ones we have at the moment. I don't see the need for more; on the contrary, I believe more would actually be detrimental to the line. I do apologise if I'm getting a bit vocal about this, but it's something that's bothering me. So, yeah, uh, sorry.

It's not rubbish. I am stating the obvious.

It's rubbish because it's false. Like it's not even an opinion, it's just outright false to say that Arceus, Xerneas and Altaria are the only good Fairies.

Both VGC and Smogon metagames have Fairies other than the ones you mentioned as relevant, useful Pokemon. I get you're a Dragon fanboy but it's honestly silly.

I am well aware that Mega Altaria can be targeted by Skill Swap.

So why is Mega Altaria listed as one of three good Fairies to you then, while Mega Mawile and Azumarill aren't "because Skill Swap"? Is it because it's part Dragon and you're a Dragon fan? Cos that's what it looks like.

Ok so a lot of people might hate this idea, but I wouldnt be opposed to another trio of Eeveelutions like in Gen 1. It would help cover the types faster, the only problem is coming up with three types to go together, though I guess it doesnt matter much,

Xerneas, Fairy Arceus and Mega Altaria are the only strong ones of the fairy type. Other fairy pokemon such as Azumaril and Mawhile are not that good and their abilities can be taken with skill swap so Huge Power is out of the question. I prefer a dragon evolution of Eevee to happen since it is my favorite type.
> skill swap

you bring up a valid point

....if you're facing of the six people globally who use that move

have you actually even fought mega mawile, mega gardevoir, clefable, mega diancie, etc, I wonder

Last edited:
It's rubbish because it's false. Like it's not even an opinion, it's just outright false to say that Arceus, Xerneas and Altaria are the only good Fairies.

Both VGC and Smogon metagames have Fairies other than the ones you mentioned as relevant, useful Pokemon. I get you're a Dragon fanboy but it's honestly silly.

So why is Mega Altaria listed as one of three good Fairies to you then, while Mega Mawile and Azumarill aren't "because Skill Swap"? Is it because it's part Dragon and you're a Dragon fan? Cos that's what it looks like.

That is just rude. I am not a fanboy but it is not rubbish or fake. Fairy has a large amount of weak pokemon. Fairy Arceus is the except because of its 720 bst and mythical status. Xerneas is a legendary and has stronger stats than the non-legendary/mythcial pokemon. Mega Altaria is strong due to it's type combination. I know what I am talking about here. Fairy type need better pokemon, end of story. This type has been overhyped by people and I don't know why.

Anyway I want to Dragon, Poisen or Steel as the next eevee evolution, prefering the dragon type but maybe it can come with steel together.

Okay, first off all, I dont think this tread is here to discuss the "weak" fairy type.

Secondly, (and just to be hypocritical ;D) I'm now gonna list fairies that are all very viable to undermine your argument:
Gardevoir, Florges, Azumarill, M-Mawile, M-Altaria, Sylveon, Clefable, Whimsicott, Klefki, Diancie and even Slurpuff and M-Audino can be very good if used right.
You can state that this isn't true, but it is. These are all very viable pokemon.

Have a nice day chap :D

Okay, first off all, I dont think this tread is here to discuss the "weak" fairy type.

Secondly, (and just to be hypocritical ;D) I'm now gonna list fairies that are all very viable to undermine your argument:
Gardevoir, Florges, Azumarill, M-Mawile, M-Altaria, Sylveon, Clefable, Whimsicott, Klefki, Diancie and even Slurpuff and M-Audino can be very good if used right.
You can state that this isn't true, but it is. These are all very viable pokemon.

Have a nice day chap :D

Mega Altaria I already know is good. Gardevoir, Florges, Azumaril, Mawile/Mega Mawile, Sylveon, Clefable, Whimsicott, Klefki, Slurpuff and Audino/Mega Audino are just awful and I wouldn't count on them to win battles. Diancie and Mega Diancie maybe considered good. I think the only good Fairy pokemon are Mega Altaria, Fairy Arceus, Xerneas and Diancie/Mega Diancie.

Anyway, I prefer Dragon, Steel, Poisen or even Flying type for the next Eevee evolution.

Mega Altaria I already know is good. Gardevoir, Florges, Azumaril, Mawile/Mega Mawile, Sylveon, Clefable, Whimsicott, Klefki, Slurpuff and Audino/Mega Audino are just awful and I wouldn't count on them to win battles. Diancie and Mega Diancie maybe considered good. I think the only good Fairy pokemon are Mega Altaria, Fairy Arceus, Xerneas and Diancie/Mega Diancie.

Anyway, I prefer Dragon, Steel, Poisen or even Flying type for the next Eevee evolution.

I count on Azumarill to win battles a lot. And it does. Huge Power, Belly Drum, Aqua Jet.

I was on the fence about posting this, cause hot damn this thread is getting off topic, but...yolo

> azumarill has the equivalent of around base 150 attack thanks to huge power, has amazing defensive typing (resists seven types, most of which are important, and only three weaknesses, poison being easy to deal with anyway), decent bulk, aqua jet + belly drum combo, etc. Skill swap isn't a thing
> mega mawile has the equivalent of around 255 base attack, amazing defensive typing, sucker punch (which hits harder than bisharp's fyi), high physical bulk, etc. Skill swap isn't a thing
> clefable has decent all around bulk, two fucking outstanding abilities in unaware (which fucks over setup sweepers) and magic guard (which makes toxic, wisp, stealth rock, leech seed etc all a complete non issue), an amazing movepool with moves like flamethrower, heal bell, calm mind, minimize etc
> mega gardevoir is fairly fast and hits like a nuclear warhead with pixalate hyper voice

252 SpA Pixilate Mega Gardevoir Hyper Voice vs. 0 HP / 224+ SpD Mew: 169-199 (49.5 - 58.3%) -- 66.4% chance to 2HKO after Leftovers recovery
252 SpA Pixie Plate Arceus-Fairy Judgment vs. 0 HP / 224+ SpD Mew: 136-162 (39.8 - 47.5%) -- guaranteed 3HKO after Leftovers recovery

has decent coverage too with stuff like psyshock and focus miss

> klefki has amazing utility moves in thunder wave, spikes, light screen, reflect, etc. All of which go first thanks to prankster. And before you call it "frail" (which it sort of is, slightly), it has enough bulk with EV investment to take a few hits, and that's ignoring its fucking amazing defensive typing which gives it 11 bloody resists
> sylveon has stupidly good special bulk and hits hard with pixalate boosted hyper voice, as well as good support moves such as wish and heal bell
> florges is basically sylveon but slightly worse, same basic points

gonna skip whimsicott, togekiss, mega audino, granbull, and slurpuff for nyow, but they're all usable too. Mostly the first two. Last three are sort of a borderline case.

care to explain why I'm wrong on these? I look forward to reading your counterarguments.

Last edited:

Please excuse the interruption, but I feel this needs addressing. Maybe then this thread will return its original topic.

Gardevoir - Sure, the regular form's nothing to write home about, but the mega is a very substantial wallbreaker. Pixilated Hyper Voice is always a threat, particularly with mega gardevoir's special attack. Then it also has Psyshock, which makes it a 'pseudo-mixed' attacker by hitting physical defence, making it much harder to wall. And finally, coverage moves like Thunderbolt, Shadow Ball, Hidden Power, et cetera are all valid options.

Florges - A very solid special wall, all things considered. Able to provide Wish and Aromatherapy support for the team, which is always nice. Moonblast deals decent damage from florges' strong special attack, and gives a chance to reduce the opponent's special attack as well, helping it to wall even better.

Azumarill - Surprisingly lethal. Waterfall, Play Rough, Superpower and so on make it a formindable wallbreaker with Huge Power. Then there's options for sweeping, using the infamous Belly Drum/Aqua Jet combo.

Mawile - This thing is banned for a reason. Mega mawile gets the highest attack stat of any pokemon, combined with access to powerful moves like Play Rough and Iron Head. And, more to the point, Swords Dance and Sucker Punch. And if you hope to wall it with a Steel type, it can always run Fire Fang to counter that. From what I hear, it does struggle a bit in Ubers, but anything that has to be banned to Ubers in the first place must be pretty lethal. I note mega altaria is still permitted in OU.

Sylveon - (Something semi on-topic for once) Sylveon works largely similar to florges, all things considered. It can work as an effective special wall with Wish and Heal Bell support abilities, but Pixilated Hyper Voice gives sylveon a strong offensive presence too. Also, options are there for a purely offensive set, using Psyshock, Shadow Ball and Hidden Power in combination with Hyper Voice. Or Calm Mind/Stored Power, if that's your thing.

Clefable - Solid stats all around, and a huge, versatile movepool. Not much more to say, but you can probably adapt clefables to a great many different roles that they can perform effectively.

Whimsicott - One of the strongest options for just being a total pain in the arse. Access to moves like Leech Seed, Stun Spore, Switcheroo and Encore in conjunction with Prankster allows you to ruin your opponent's plans quickly and effectively, while Substitute is always an option for covering your back. There's also possibility for offensive sets, using Infiltrator to bypass enemy Substitutes and Protects, making a good revenge killer.

Klefki - Another option for annoying. Prankster works well in combination with klefki's Spikes, Thunder Wave, Dual Screens, et cetera. Klefki's decent defence and strong typing can also make for a good physical wall who can hit back with Foul Play.

Slurpuff - A bit of a gimmick, but nonetheless effective when used right. Slurpuff's main trick is Belly Drum, with a sitrus berry and Unburden - the berry is eaten once Belly Drum is used, boosting speed with Unburden. This gives you a mostly unstoppable force with which to clean up the enemy.

Audino - Not too familiar with this one, but the mega is very durable both physically and specially. Access to healing moves helps benefit the team, and access to Calm Mind can turn audino into a special powerhouse.

So, if none of those positives appeal to you, then no, they're no good. But if you're looking for a wall, wallbreaker, sweeper, cleric, annoyer, revenge killer or spiker, then the Fairy type offers plenty of good things for you. If you're not looking for any of those roles, I'd be very interested to see your team.

That is just rude. I am not a fanboy but it is not rubbish or fake. Fairy has a large amount of weak pokemon. Fairy Arceus is the except because of its 720 bst and mythical status. Xerneas is a legendary and has stronger stats than the non-legendary/mythcial pokemon. Mega Altaria is strong due to it's type combination. I know what I am talking about here. Fairy type need better pokemon, end of story. This type has been overhyped by people and I don't know why..

It's factually wrong. Like I said, it's not even an opinion (hopefully all these people explaining why these other Fairies are good is opening your mind). I can't be bothered repeating myself ad nauseam. So I've nothing else to say. So let's move on.

Well, that was quite a rabbit trail. Back to business.

As I think about it, a Flying-type Eeveeloution would be kind of cool. As of right now, there is one pure Flying-type in existence. I'm not sure how (or if) it would affect anything, but it might be nice to have another pure Flying-type.

If a Dragon eeveelution were to be implemented, the best way would be to have it as a complement to Sylveon in the same way Espeon is to Umbreon and have it evolve by doing an amount of Super Training.

Steel is one of my favorite types, and it would be pretty interesting to see essentially a Mecha-Eevee. It would likely have a lot of Defense and physical Attack, potentially making it a good counterpart for Sylveon. Evolves via Metal Coat, maybe?

Ghost Eeveelution would look pretty damn cool. I can see it being either offensive or Defensive. Evolves via level up in Pokemon Tower, or other Pokemon graveyards.

Dragon Eeveelution would also look pretty DM cool and I'd imagine as being fairly offensive. Evolves via some method I haven't quite figured out yet...

My wanting of the Eeveelution types if we ever were to get all of the types would be (from most wanted to least)...

1st) Dragon
2nd) Ghost
3rd) Poison
4th) Ground
5th) Fighting (why wasn't Fighting on the poll?)
6th) Flying
7th) Steel
8th) Normal
9th) Bug
10th) Rock

I'm a fan of the Eeveelutions but even as a fan I wouldn't be at all bothered if they never gave us an Eeveelution for each type. Some types like Bug-type and Rock-type I couldn't even imagine ever happening hence why they're so low on my list, also because I really don't care for them in the context of Eeveelutions. At this point I would just like them to give us Eeveelutions for certain habitats like a wasteland where I imagine a Poison-type Eeveelution would inhabit and a scrap metal yard where a Steel-type Eeveelution would most likely inhabit. Not only habitats but the elements too, like a Flying-type Eeveelution to represent the air element and a Ground-type to represent the earth element, the Ground-type one could also be the inhabitant of a desert habitat (maybe they could base its appearance off a sand cat). Another one I'd like to see is a Fighting-type Eeveelution, we already have Espeon who uses the power of the mind so I would love to see a brutish Eeveelution, not with the typical slim design they tend to have but also something not too over the top. Dragon has been one of the types I wanted for the longest time even before people started bringing up that the Eeveelutions were all based on the former special types, I imagine it looking badass with a stern look on its face kind of like Umbreon. Ghost I imagine would just be all around amazing and quite spooky looking. This is probably shocking but I'm really not too concerned with a Normal-type Eeveelution being created. Of all the types I really could care less if they ever created a Normal-type, Bug-type, and Rock-type.

I never expected to ignite a fairy flame war with this topic... Anyway first off sorry, I thought I covered all Types that have no Eeveelotion yet (well forget one but could have been worse). Maybe I can still fix that (or maybe I can't but I'll try).
My Top 3 for the next coming eeveelotions would be first; Dragon. For it to happen you would need to have a Dragon type/part dragon type in your party and high happiness/friendship, while it carries a Dragon move boosting Item and level up.
Secondly a Ghost Type. For it to Evolve the happiness/friendship is low and it must have fainted at least once since you had it. If you use a revive on it in a dark area, it starts evolving (though this option might be a bit mean if you over-think it).
Third to come next would be Flying. This would simply happen if you use Fly while its in your team and holding a Feather item.

Last edited:
Dragon to be a counterpart to Sylveon and finish off the "special" types. Should've already been in Gen 6 imo, but noooooo

Please note: The thread is from 8 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom