• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Possible Ruby and Sapphire Gen V: Official Discussion and Speculation thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Kris wasn't redesigned. She was replaced with someone a lot better.

I said recreated as in a new completely different character altogether with no similarities between the two. But that debate shouldn't be done here. I'm asking for your opinion if something similar happened to Brendan and May. They will have updated artwork but how different will it be?

May will wear even more revealing clothes to appeal to 10-year-old boys

Hmm...maybe Brendan will ditch the hat-thing?

Or perhaps stating the fact that Brendan has a hat and it's not his hair by giving him a "hatless" contest outfit *shrugs*
I wouldn't mind a slight redesign for both Brendan and May, just as long as we can tell they look like/are the same people.

Wallace can be a dude in contests, bwahaha. Yes.

This is actually a really good idea... But it would also be good to battle him somehow.

even further....STEVEN FOR RULER OF THE WORLD!

I'll take it even further... Steven > Arceus. Lol. :p

I hope they make Brendan wear Blue in the Sapphire remake like the little TFG one. And he could wear the Normal red attire in the Ruby one.

Here's something I find kinda funny. I've had Ruby, Sapphire and Emerald since they came out. Same with silver and crystal. I picked up gold used soon after. I also have rby however yellow was the only one I bought new in store. ANYWAYS Gen III is still the most expensive used or new. When a game is 35$ used and it came out for 40$ and its 8 years later, we have what is known as a problem. Cutting GBA support was/is a huge mistake on nintendo's part.

EDIT: To further prove my point, walmart was still selling new GBA games as of a year ago.

Last edited:
EDIT: To further prove my point, walmart was still selling new GBA games as of a year ago.

Which reminds me, just a couple of months ago, my local Walmart was still selling new Emerald copies, and they were as expensive as new DPPt versions and I bought one, of course.

They will have updated artwork but how different will it be?

Brendan's hair will become more realistic, and possibly longer/fuzzier. May's hair will get a bit longer. Maybe he will get redish eyes (he already has brown though the protagonists only have blue or brown)

And that's all I got.

The style might be different clothing mostly, similar to what happened to Red and Ethan.

Also May will be replaced with a different girl.

Wallace > Steven. At least for me though. Steven is awesome and all that but I like Wallace more.

If the story is kept similar to Emerald's, then we have expanded roles for many characters and thats always a plus. RSEmakes will have their own version of Red though not as tough.

Wallace > Steven. At least for me though. Steven is awesome and all that but I like Wallace more.

If the story is kept similar to Emerald's, then we have expanded roles for many characters and thats always a plus. RSEmakes will have their own version of Red though not as tough.

The remakes will probably have Wally as their Red. Yet not as cool or tough.

Except Wally does train his Pokemon a lot towards the end when you can have rematches against him. No where close to Red's level though.

I have an interesting idea. At the end of Victory road, both Wally AND Brendan/May team against you in a double battle. That would be great ecause not only will that make that battle a little harder but it will also serve as an opportunity to see Brendan/May's fully evolved starter. That would be fitting as Gen III introduced Doubles in the first place. Since we are getting triples, doubles might become a lot less common or might not appear at all in BW except in RS remakes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom