• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Post-Unova Map

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was wondering, would they show any footage or significant event taking place in the second region without officially revealing it first?
It isn't any different than the boat scene in the animated trailer. It is understandable they're teasing the more interesting events that happen late in the game. Most people choose to assume that those are old locations for some reason, so the trailers are not really spoiling the surprise.

Last edited:
N's text blurb implies he returned to Unova as Zekrom warned him of Kyurem's pain, who is more then likely in the chasm. N returning to the region could be our ticket to the new region, as he would return to try and save the day, lose, see you succeed, and tell you to come with him to wherever his new home is.

N's text blurb implies he returned to Unova as Zekrom warned him of Kyurem's pain,
Or Ghetsis brought Kyurem to the second region and that is how N's dragon sensed Kyurem. What you're suggesting implies that Ghetsis knew that N's dragon would sense Kyurem from afar, which would make the plot rather odd. I can imagine the Tao trio having a telepathic bond, but it is hard to swallow that Ghetsis would orchestrate his plan around something rather unexpected. He may be a manipulator, but that's still pushing it.

who is more then likely in the chasm.
The cave doesn't look like the Giant Chasm.

N returning to the region could be our ticket to the new region, as he would return to try and save the day, lose, see you succeed, and tell you to come with him to wherever his new home is.
I can't see the main plot being over by the time the player leaves Unova. I don't know about you, but it still seems to me that the scene from the animated trailer takes place in a new city and that Team Plasma is still at large at that point. Regardless of where the cave is, I don't think the climax will take place there. The story should continue after Kyurem absorbs the energy of N's dragon, or else the resolution would be quite rushed.

Last edited:
The climax of Unova will take place there, that's for sure. N being the ticket for the new region is that Kyurem is on a rampage there, and he doesn't want to see his new homeland destroyed by themonster is created by N-Plasma, and more importantly, his past following him there. And no its not far fetched if Ghetsis anticipated a telepathic bond between the dragons no matter where in the world, as it would be a major point to the Kyurem being a part of the actual OG dragon, as its mind would still be one.

Mitchman said:
The climax of Unova will take place there, that's for sure.
The Unova climax can and arguably should focus on Akuroma rather than on Ghetsis and N. We still don't know what is going to happen with Hilbert/Hilda's dragon; the game opening suggests that Kyurem will interact with it, as well. Will it happen before or after N gets involved? The Unova climax may explain how Ghetsis took possession of Kyurem in the first place.

N being the ticket for the new region is that Kyurem is on a rampage there, and he doesn't want to see his new homeland destroyed by themonster is created by N-Plasma, and more importantly, his past following him there.
That could all work without N returning to Unova first; his quote does not explain how far he had to go to find Ghetsis. Again, if N were to lose his second dragon in Unova, he would need to return to his new home by some other way. The fact that the animated trailer shows the player being accompanied by his rival and Cheren rather than N does not support your theory.

I still don't fully see why it would be necessary to say that the new region is where the climax of the Kyurem plot is taking place, that is, I'm skeptical to the notion based on the little we've seen up until now, and I'm not convinced. It's of little matter to me though, I wouldn't particularly mind expanding the plot to new areas, as long as it makes sense.

I honestly don't see why it couldn't be the chasm, with the other geographical changes witnessed, it wouldn't really surprise me if the chasm was changed, and while you could say it's a bit of jumping to conclusion, saying it isn't is even more, with what little info we have now. With the new info, I'd rather favor the theory that N returns to Unova to face Ghetsis.

One thing I'm thinking about is how geographically distant the new area can be. Assuming the boat in the video correlates to the one seen in the screenshot, it doesn't seem like the boat to make very long travels in, at least in with the rest of the pokémon world in thought. It just seem a bit strange to me. It's probably nothing though.

I still don't fully see why it would be necessary to say that the new region is where the climax of the Kyurem plot is taking place, that is, I'm skeptical to the notion based on the little we've seen up until now, and I'm not convinced. It's of little matter to me though, I wouldn't particularly mind expanding the plot to new areas, as long as it makes sense.
It makes sense because Black and White ended with both N and Ghetsis leaving Unova, and the animated trailer shows Team Plasma in what strongly appears to be a new city. If another region is indeed included in these games, why should N and Ghetsis return to Unova and conclude the story before the second region even comes into play? I don't even see the appeal of including any region (be it old or new) without giving it a story, and chances are that it will be connected to Team Plasma. As far as I'm concerned, Generation II Kanto's problem was the lack of a story more than anything else. Don't get me wrong, a second region wouldn't be pointless without a significant story continuation, but I fail to see any reason to promote that idea. Why would you have a problem with having more story?

I honestly don't see why it couldn't be the chasm, with the other geographical changes witnessed, it wouldn't really surprise me if the chasm was changed, and while you could say it's a bit of jumping to conclusion, saying it isn't is even more, with what little info we have now.
Could the cave be a redesigned Giant Chasm? Yes, but saying that it is more likely to be the Giant Chasm than a new location is a stretch. I didn't say that it couldn't possibly be the Giant Chasm, but I'm baffled as to why people think that's the most likely possibility. There is no obvious resemblance and chances are that Kyurem won't be stuck in the Giant Chasm forever.

Last edited:
It makes sense because Black and White ended with both N and Ghetsis leaving Unova, and the animated trailer shows Team Plasma in what strongly appears to be a new city. If another region is indeed included in these games, why should N and Ghetsis return to Unova and conclude the story before the second region even comes into play? I don't even see the appeal of including any region (be it old or new) without giving it a story, and chances are that it will be connected to Team Plasma. As far as I'm concerned, Generation II Kanto's problem was the lack of a story more than anything else. Don't get me wrong, a second region wouldn't be pointless without a significant story continuation, but I fail to see any reason to promote that idea. Why would you have a problem with having more story?

I don't have a problem with more story per say, I just don't see how viable it is that it gets very much extended into a new region, that is how Kyurem extends into the new region. I have no quarrels with Plasma extending into the new region, I just feel that the foreshadowing of eastern Unova with the map implies that this is were the most part of the parts directly associated with Kyurem will take place. Another thing is that I don't believe in what you think is ice in the background of the city, where you reach the conclusion this is Kyurem's work, I simply believe this is the background.

I can easily be wrong though.

Could the cave be a redesigned Giant Chasm? Yes, but saying that it is more likely to be the Giant Chasm than a new location is a stretch. I didn't say that it couldn't possibly be the Giant Chasm, but I'm baffled as to why people think that's the most likely possibility. There is no obvious resemblance and chances are that Kyurem won't be stuck in the Giant Chasm forever.

I see it as the most logical place of the options present mostly because it seems more of an "earlier" part, and with Kyurem's link with the chasm, I think we could see this as more of a start, and then Kyurem moves on to other parts, be that a new region or other parts of Eastern Unova. I have yet to see any good ideas to why it shouldn't be the chasm, or even in mainland Unova for that matter. Just because it happens there doesn't mean it's locked there for the remainder of the time.

As for resemblance, I wouldn't put too much weight to that, seeing how other parts of Unova are/seem to be altered.

Another reason to why I personally think it's the chasm, is what I think is linked to Lacunosa, where I believe the frozen scenes in the animated short takes place, and that this is more of an affect (sooner or later) of this scene taking place in the chasm, with it's localization.

I don't have a problem with more story per say, I just don't see how viable it is that it gets very much extended into a new region, that is how Kyurem extends into the new region.
By using both of Kyurem's new Formes in the story, as implied by the montage in the game opening (which also shows the version mascot in the dark cave). Kyurem's story in Unova could revolve around Hilbert/Hilda's dragon, with the continued story focusing on Kyurem's interaction with N's dragon. So we would have Akuroma and Hilbert/Hilda be the central characters in Unova, leaving Ghetsis and N to be prominent in the second region.

How do you expect the Plasma plot to continue without Kyurem, anyway? I am not saying it's impossible, but you haven't explained that at all. Surely there is a reason that Team Plasma are on that boat.

I see it as the most logical place of the options present mostly because it seems more of an "earlier" part,
How so? Because we see it in a trailer? We also saw N's Castle (as opposed to, say, the Dragonspiral Tower) in several Black and White trailers.

and with Kyurem's link with the chasm, I think we could see this as more of a start, and then Kyurem moves on to other parts, be that a new region or other parts of Eastern Unova
I don't dispute that, but nothing says that the scene in question is just the start.

I have yet to see any good ideas to why it shouldn't be the chasm, or even in mainland Unova for that matter.
How about the fact that it would be problematic for Ghetsis and N to return to Unova before the second region became relevant? Again, the working theory is that Game Freak had a reason to have them leave Unova in the first place. I've seen people downplay that fact because they think a second region is an unrealistic expectation for some reason, but I don't understand where you're coming from.

Just because it happens there doesn't mean it's locked there for the remainder of the time.
No problem there. I fully expect to see the Giant Chasm, but if there is a more important location, it stands to reason that they would get us excited for that one. Think of the Turnback Cave and the Distortion World.

As for resemblance, I wouldn't put too much weight to that, seeing how other parts of Unova are/seem to be altered.
To that extent? Please give an example. The ice-covered city doesn't count for obvious reasons. Remember that Kyurem covered the exterior of the Giant Chasm by snow, and yet the interior was well-lit and looked like a rather average cave.

Another reason to why I personally think it's the chasm, is what I think is linked to Lacunosa, where I believe the frozen scenes in the animated short takes place, and that this is more of an affect (sooner or later) of this scene taking place in the chasm, with it's localization.
If Lacunosa is really that city, then the map suggests that it is affected to begin with. N's quote implies that Ghetsis has already had Kyurem do his bidding (or so he thinks, as I suspect that Kyurem is doing exactly what it wants).

Last edited:
By using both of Kyurem's new Formes in the story, as implied by the montage in the game opening (which also shows the version mascot in the dark cave). Kyurem's story in Unova could revolve around Hilbert/Hilda's dragon, with the continued story focusing on Kyurem's interaction with N's dragon. So we would have Akuroma and Hilbert/Hilda be the central characters in Unova, leaving Ghetsis and N to be prominent in the second region.

How do you expect the Plasma plot to continue without Kyurem, anyway? I am not saying it's impossible, but you haven't explained that at all. Surely there is a reason that Team Plasma are on that boat.

I'm not saying the Plasma plot is to continue without Kyurem, but rather that the part allocated the new region doesn't need Kyurem present just to explain it. With the implications of the ice covered map, I'm leaning more towards eastern Unova at the time being. I doubt it would be covered up that extensively without severe plot-implications and focus to it. I would certainly get surprised if they decide to fully or partially shift Kyurem's plot sometime in the game from Unova to another region to a great extent with the foreshadowing we've got now.

How so? Because we see it in a trailer? We also saw N's Castle (as opposed to, say, the Dragonspiral Tower) in several Black and White trailers.

What I meant by that was a cutscene that takes part earlier in the plot involving Kyurem, not because it was showcased at any given time. That is just my impression of it, while the scene could seem dramatic, I'm not inclined to believe it's too close to the real climax yet.

How about the fact that it would be problematic for Ghetsis and N to return to Unova before the second region became relevant? Again, the working theory is that Game Freak had a reason to have them leave Unova in the first place. I've seen people downplay that fact because they think a second region is an unrealistic expectation for some reason, but I don't understand where you're coming from.

I would rather think Ghetsis first approaches Kyurem in the chasm, by returning from hiding. I don't see why it would have shifted it's locale greatly in two years. However, I should add that this is because I personally think this is a rather early part of the Kyurem-involved plot. If it isn't, then I have no problem with it being anywhere else, be that in a new region or not. And of course, other aspects of the plot could tell why a shift in position could have occurred, though I don't bother speculating in that at the moment.

To that extent? Please give an example. The ice-covered city doesn't count for obvious reasons. Remember that Kyurem covered the exterior of the Giant Chasm by snow, and yet the interior was well-lit and looked like a rather average cave.

I'll give you that it looks like just any other cave. That being said, Driftveil with it's sinkholes could arguably represent a much bigger change. They are pretty distinct, and I'm not fully convinced Clay just decided to dig two big holes for whatever reason (or at least it better have a good explanation). Any other big changes in Unova at least seem to be man-made, and the only other comparison for these matters would be GSC Kanto, though I'm not certain if that's a good comparison to what we've got here.

I'm not saying the Plasma plot is to continue without Kyurem, but rather that the part allocated the new region doesn't need Kyurem present just to explain it.
You agree that Team Plasma are in a new city, and yet you don't think Kyurem needs to be relevant to the region in question. Then explain what business Team Plasma might have in that region that wouldn't involve Kyurem.

That is just my impression of it, while the scene could seem dramatic, I'm not inclined to believe it's too close to the real climax yet.
But what supports that impression?

I would rather think Ghetsis first approaches Kyurem in the chasm, by returning from hiding.
That seems unnecessary to me considering that Ghetsis has followers in Unova, such as the Shadow Triad and presumably Akuroma; they could capture Kyurem for him. Again, there needs to be a good explanation as to why Ghetsis and N would go back and forth between the regions. It is certainly not impossible, but it would be awkward.

I don't see why it would have shifted it's locale greatly in two years.
If it gets caught by Team Plasma, it stands to reason that it will be moved around. Kyurem seems to be in Ghetsis' possession in that scene.

Thing is though, if Hilbert/Hilda's dragon were indeed part of the plot, and Ghetsis' involvement was after Achroma's meddling, then why would:
1) N be facing Ghetsis' and a hurt Kyurem. What I mean is, if anything that would imply Ghetsis is actually hiding and aiding Kyurem after it splits with the first dragon. No way would N n Zekrom go to it after the events in Unova, especially if this is the case cause...
2)That would mean N would be stupid enough to fall int Ghetsis' trap, and ultimately be the fault of another catastrophe.

Achroma would simply be another pawn of Ghetsis, and the events would unfold in Unova. Kyurem going elsewhere would be due to it regaining its power, and anything involing N after Unova would be simply to stop it.
Edit:
The cave should be the chasm, regardless of how different it is. You can tell its a very small cave, with all 4 walls seen in that video. If anything, the water around it could have been drained, and its now just a crater, indicating Kyurem's power.

Thing is though, if Hilbert/Hilda's dragon were indeed part of the plot, and Ghetsis' involvement was after Achroma's meddling, then why would:
1) N be facing Ghetsis' and a hurt Kyurem. What I mean is, if anything that would imply Ghetsis is actually hiding and aiding Kyurem after it splits with the first dragon. No way would N n Zekrom go to it after the events in Unova, especially if this is the case cause...
2)That would mean N would be stupid enough to fall int Ghetsis' trap, and ultimately be the fault of another catastrophe.

I don't think N would have any prior knowledge of the events in Unova involving Hilbert/Hilda's dragon. And it's highly unlikely that he'd be there to witness Kyurem absorbing the energy of Hilbert/Hilda's dragon. N and Zekrom would go to where ever Kyurem is only on the basis that it seems to be suffering. I agree that it would be a little foolish of them, but this is Ghetsis we're talking about. He would have no problem manipulating Kyurem into attracting the attention of N and Zekrom.

It seems not much has changed in the past two years; N still has his noble but naive ideals, and Ghetsis, being the master manipulator he is, knows he can count on this.

As far as where Ghetsis and Kyurem might be in this scene, I'm not really convinced that cave is the same one from Giant Chasm.

kyurembw.png
kyuremb2w2.png

The caves don't really look too similar. Giant Chasm's cave is a bit larger and more rectangular-shaped. Also, the elevated secton of the ground in Giant Chasm's cave is not present in the mystery cave. There's a small chance that Kyurem's destructive powers could level the ground, though. Of course, we haven't seen the rest of this mystery cave, so it's hard to tell.

Last edited:
Its larger by much however. You can see the walls of the back side, and its mostly a + shaped cave. The crystals and its flat shape for me means that its powers were unleashed, and the caves interior resembles a crater.

If N did return to Unova, and that is the Giant Chasm but expanded, then I imagine that its the other way around in regards to theory: It would be Hilda/Hilbert in the second region, and them being the ones we have to locate in order to stop Ghetsis from having Kyurem absorb their Dragon. I actually think it might turn out this way, especially since Cheren is the one accompanying us on the boat ride there. N in this case would simply tell us about it and how to get there, as well as telling us about the previous hero Hilda/Hilbert.

Something that is off is that N should also be accompanying us to the second region even if he lost in Giant Chasm (if that is Giant Chasm), but that could be solved if its explained that hes rounding up the former Team Plasma in Unova for a final battle in the second region.

The last thing is that at some point, Ghetsis will have to lose control over Kyurem eventually. I don't know whether this would happen sooner (in Unova) or later in the speculated second region.

If it were the other way around, with Hilbert/Hilda needing to be found and N returning to Unova, then why are they making such a big deal about how N is missing and nobody knows where he is? To me, that implies that we need to search for N in the new region at some point.

Now that I think about it, why does Looker mention that N is in a faraway region if "nobody knows where he is?" Did they conveniently forget that Looker said this, or is this not canon anymore?

Or what if only the International Police know where N is? That could work, as no one that knows N would know where he is.

That might make sense, but it was Hilbert/Hilda whom Looker told about N being in a faraway region. So that's one person who knows N that has a general idea of where he might be.

Or what if only the International Police know where N is? That could work, as no one that knows N would know where he is.

I dunno. That seems implausible. The police need informants and that's obviously going to preclude the possibility of just the police knowing where he is.

I feel like N is likely hiding in some new area, and that we will need to look for him there. Of course the people he lives around will know that he is there, but they won't know that he is N, per se.

If it were the other way around, with Hilbert/Hilda needing to be found and N returning to Unova, then why are they making such a big deal about how N is missing and nobody knows where he is? To me, that implies that we need to search for N in the new region at some point.

It depends on whether or not we will actually have to search for him. Its possible that its just a red herring or a hook leading on to something else. The major thing would not be about N specifically, but rather where hes been and will we go there. Its the same almost for Looker mentioning a faraway region.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom