• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Praestantia Academy [Start-Up up, SU's still open]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Praestantia Academy [SU's open; teachers wanted]

Dermodio;
Most definitely to both :)

Simple;
Reserved :)

Dermodio;
Most definitely to both :)

Simple;
Reserved :)

*puts advertising gloves on*

And now... Teachie tiiiime!

Name: Oliver Kevin Tang
"Life is strange."
Gender. Male.
"Eh, eh, eh, I'm a boy."
Position: History Teacher, head of Libera House.
"So what if my House has a Pegasus ob it's crest? It's like a Unicorn, only it flys. You should live in terror."
"Don't ask my age! I'm not that old; only Fifty-Two..."
Sexuality: Hetrosexual.
"Oh...kaaaay... Asking my sexuality in my job interview... I'm BIT SCARED NOW..."
Personality: Oliver Tang is a man who is both wise, emotional and a tiny bit eccentric. He loves all things paranormal, and the legends of Pokemon he read as a child. Yeah, long time ago.
Though older than most teachers, he is a fun loving chap, bt don't mention his age, or he'll get all grumpy and sulk.

As you can see, he does not act his age most of the time. When he does, though, all your questions are as good as answered, because he knows them all. Stopping him from drinking coffee will do two things: Make him wiser the next day, and land you in a whole mess of trouble.
So leave him and his coffee alone.
"Yeah. I like Coffee. And I don't sleep much. So what?"

Appearance: Oliver has a top hat and a yellow cape, which he loves dearly. He also has a black suit and a walking stick, which is actually used to carry his leading Pokemon's Pokeball.

He has grey percing eyes, and a smooth beard. He has a bald patch on the back of his head, which he hides with his hat. He is tall and stands straight as much as he can.

"My staff also has a coffee cup inside. A very small one."

History: As a child, Oliver was abandoned by his mother. He was a small runty boy, and was taken in by a Mister and Missus Tang. He was small and made fun of for his verticle imparingness, but then he hit his growth spurt. Then he was made fun of for being the giant dude. When everyone else hit their growth spurt, he was left alone, after 12 years of torture.

When he grew up, he went to a school to be a Gym Leader in the middle of Sinnoh, and was sucsessful there. He became a Gym Leader in Hearthome, before Fantina came along.
He then did not do much for many years of his life, before coming to Praestania, and working there for ten years.

"A WIZARD DID IT."

Pokemon:
Squelch (Swampert)
Texas (Garchomp)
Doom (Hydreigon)
Angry (Aggron)
Unicorn (Rapidash)
Dance (Ludicolo)

Pokemon's Personalities:
Squelch:
Squelch is a Swampert, but WHAT a Swampert! He will never give up! He is strong. He is bulky. He is terribly afraid of Grass. When faced with any foe, he smashes them. When faced with a Grass Type, he cowers behind Oliver, and whispers "Swampy per Pert. Swampy per Pert." Translated, that means "THIS IS ALL A BAD DREAM. THIS IS ALL A BAD DREAM."

That is Squelch's main downfall. Other thsn that, he's incredibly strong. He is very stubborn, and hates to lose.

Texas:
Texas the Garchomp is from Texas.
Eveything he does is BIIIIG. He idolizes Chuck Norris, and when he's not savaging a innocent punching bag with his razor sharp teeth, he is trailing on about Chuck Norris Facts. He does not understand Swampert's fear of grass.

And yet, Ice Terrifies him more than anything else.
He too is stubborn, but he accepts loss.
Especially when it's BIIIIG.

Doom:
DOOOOOM. BLAAAAAST. DESTROOOOOOY.
These are but a few of Doom the Heidragon's favourite words.
He strikes from the sky, eating everything he can. Nothing can defeat him. He WILL defeat you. It's just a matter of time, before he crunches you up. He is absoloutley rageful, and he will let nothing stand in his way.

Also, he's a big fan of Justin Bieber.

Angry.
Angry the Aggron is a fairly cross bloke.
No, I lie. He's a peacful person, who loves butterflys and flowers.
Oops. Another lie.
He is the most angry creature in the whole angry region of Angrunova, and thats a hard title to catch. He takes everything the wrong way. You offer him a cookie? He thinks you think he's under fed. Result: He whomps you.
You don't give him a cookie? He thinks you think he's fat. Result: He whomps you.

He's not especially easy to please.
Unless you stroke his spine. He loves that. He'll curl up into a ball, and let you stroke him.

Unicorn
Unicorn is very friendly.
She likes everything life has to offer. Flowers, Trumpets, Bycicles, Quagsires, etcetera, etcetera. However, she hates Angry, Doom and Texas.

SHE HATES THEM WITH HER SOUL.
She has a Gentle Nature, and loves to eat.

Dance:
Dance is almost as crazy as Doom, but slightly less mrobid and more friendly. He is constantly jigging about, and quacking.
None of Tang's other Pokemon, other than Unicorn, like Dance, and I wouldn't blame them.

Theme Song; Give us some insight into your character.
Other; For anything else you may want to add.

Last edited:

P: Accepted.

Last edited:

i'd like to reserve a spot for the Callidita head and teacher (Art or philosophy, not sure yet) combination. never tried a teacher before though >.>;

Last edited:

Hope you don't mind if I copy your formatting XP It just looks way better that way, haha.

Oh, and I'd be happy to fill the position of a teacher if you'd like. Just let me know what position you'd need me for, if any, and I'd be happy to fill it ;D .

Name;
Gray Swan

Gender;
Male

Position;
Student

Age;

Sexuality;
Heterosexual

Personality;
Gray Swan is a conceited, condescending germaphobe. Rather than being timid and reclusive as many obsessive individuals tend to be, Gray is extraverted and obnoxious, always speaking his mind and doing what he pleases. He treats few people with respect and spares even fewer his opinion. While he might be difficult to strike up a conversation with, in the arena Gray is a patient and trustworthy ally, almost becoming a different person entirely.

Gray is also well known for being a notorious flirt, infinitely lacking subtlety. However, Gray doesn't lack a kind and generous side entirely, though, much like his preoccupation with feeling vulnerable to the outside world, he rarely lets this side show, hiding behind his gruff, caustic attitude.

Appearance;
Gray has long, white hair, a thin, tall, lanky build, and pale skin. His eyes are a bright yellow, in sharp contrast to the rest of his appearance. Gray tends to wear monochrome T-Shirts and dark cargo pants, with unincredible sneakers and a cheap wristwatch.

While Gray is of average strength, his height and thin make-up makes him seem weaker than he is, though his surprising speed is equally hidden. Gray is almost always grinning self-righteously, and he walks with his head high and defiance in his step. Still, his bright, yellow eyes give many of his inner emotions away, much to his resentment.

History;
Before coming to Praestantia Academy, Gray led what he would consider a very boring life. He barely managed to get through his first years of high-school with low but passing grades, his high test scores acting as his only saving grace. Gray wasn't unpopular, though he preferred to spend most of his time with his Pokémon, training them and working out strategies in hopes of one day becoming a Gym Leader.

The son of a doctor and a wealthy entrepreneur, Gray was never unfamiliar with luxury; however, he rarely took advantage of it, and he rarely let it show, not wanting to let himself grow soft by the fortune of his birth into a rich family.

Pokémon;
Vivian [Seviper] [F]

Pokémon’s Personalities;
Vivian "V"
Seviper
Female

Gray's first Pokémon, hatched from an egg that he was given on his tenth birthday, the Seviper has been unwaveringly loyal ever since, often risking her own safety for that of her trainer.

Still, her loyalty and love for her trainer don't go unacknowledged. Vivian is what most would consider spoiled rotten, fed any kind of treats she likes, able to do whatever she pleases and go wherever she likes, the Fang Snake Pokémon, despite all of her freedom, refuses to leave her trainer's side. If she senses any kind of danger toward him, her first instinct is to curl her tail around her trainer’s leg, much to his discomfort.

In battle, Vivian is distracted and inexperienced, as Gray rarely thrusts her into a battle, coupled with the fact that her luxurious lifestyle has made her a bit soft; nevertheless, her strength can be measured in her fighting spirit and determination, never wanting to back down and never afraid of a fight, especially if it's to protect her trainer or his Pokémon.

Theme Song; Inertia Creeps, Massive Attack

Other; N/A

Name; Hailey Elizabeth Freeman

Gender; Female

Position; Student

Age; 14

Sexuality; Heterosexual

Personality; Hailey is an intresting person to say the least. At first glance people say she's cheerful and pleasant, but once they really observe her their opinions change drastically. They see there's a lot more going on then appears to be.

They realize she's sly, cruel, and cunning. She absoloutley hates to lose and will do anything to prevent it, even if it means doing something that goes against her morals. Of course she doesn't have any, so that's not a problem.

Of course, she's not completely evil. She can occassionally make friends, and even attempt to be nice(ish) to them. If you do manage to get past her ice cold demeanor and she actually cares about you you're actually rewarded with a pretty nice friend. Until you screw up somehow and she hates you.

Although she isn't the kindest to humans she gets along with Pokemon pretty well and has a totally different personality when around them. She can actually be described as caring towards Pokemon, which she rarely is around humans.

Appearance; Hailey is fairly tall, standing at 5'8", and fairly skinny, not being "fat" but not skin and bones. She has long auburn hair that reaches down to her lower back, and it's all cut to the same lenght. Her eyes are a dull blue in color, sometimes appearing to be lighter if sunlight is reflecting off them.

Regardless of what she's wearing or the weather Hailey will have her dark blue fleece jacket on. Even when when the weather is incredibly hot. She'll typically wear dark jeans and a black or white shirt, depending on her mood.

Pokemon;

Sandile (Male, "Jericho")
Lilipup (Female, "Rover")

Pokemon's Personalities;
Jericho: He's a bit of a "tough guy" kind of Pokemon, usually reverting to violence before being told to take action. He sometimes attacks people/Pokemon for no reason other then to pick a fight. He does like Hailey though since she spoils him, and will sometimes fight with her other Pokemon because he's jealous of them.

Rover: She's a bit ditzy. She's not the smartest but she's completely loyal to Hailey. She's very loving and nice unless you face her battle. She's not a baby though, and can be vicious if it means protecting someone she is loyal to.

Theme Song; Uhmm, none?

Other; Hailey will randomly speak in Spanish sometimes.

Done! Just in time too.

Last edited:

Dash;
Reserved.

Chocolate Bone;
Accepted, enjoy yourself in Audentia.

Teacher-wise we probably most need a literature teacher of some description, someone to help teach students how to perform well in contests and likely someone to teach about pokemon habits and breeding etc.

:|

Skitty_Lover;
I shall wait to sort you into your house when you finish your SU.

Libera
Name; Mitsuru Hitachiin
Gender; Female
Position; Student
Age; 14
Sexuality; Straight
Personality; Sometimes she can be downright hilarious, other times she can be moody. Appreciates a good joke, provided it's at the right place and time. She constantly defends her friends from those who insult them, and generally does so violently. Her feelings towards the explosion are those of pure rage and hate. She despises everything to do with science.
Appearance; Short ginger hair, amber eyes. She stands around 5'8, and weighs around 8 stone. She has small, ginger hair that isnt long enough to tie back, not even reaching her shoulders and ending in the middle of her neck. Her skin tone is very pale. She has bright, amber eyes that are her best feature. She has a scar on her left arm from a bite by a Houndoom.
History; Her mother abondoned her and her twin sister 3 weeks after they were born, beliving they were worthless. They were seperated. Mitsuru was brought up as a maid for a well off family, making everyone belive she was one of them herself. Her sister was also made a maid for another well off family. They were reunited when they got to highschool, and have stuck together since. . They live in constant fear that their mother and farther will return and try and find them.
Pokemon;
Leafeon(Female),

Leaf Blade
Sunny Day
Aireal Ace
Solar Beam

Ampharos(Female),

Thunderpunch
Firepunch
Volt Switch
Bulldoze

Pokemon's Personalities;
Leafeon-Leafeon is speedy, agile and nature loving. She'll stick up for her trainer through thick and thin, and that often gets her into sticky situations. She loves sunshine and can often be seen relaxing and using Synethis. She is bred from Mitsurus cousions Espeon, and often goes to visit her mother for training lessons. She hates fire and will often refuse to fight with Ampharos or Tyhlosion due to Fire Punch and Tyhlosion all fire moveset. She likes suprising people with her sneak Aireal ace, and loves her trainers praise. Out of all Mitsurus pokemon from all the regions, Leafeon has been on every one of her teams and is therefore her most loyal and faithfull pokemon.

Ampharos-Ampharos is sweet, caring and loving. She loves things like cake, bunnys and sweets. She is the lolita of Mitsurus pokemon, and is often seen rambling on about how something is too cool and not cute enough. When happy, she is like a newly hatched Togepi. When Angry, she's like a swarm of angry beedrill. She is easily angered by small things like refusing cake, or the sly comments that Persian can drop. She is a strong fighter, and has a hidden gem of fire inside her. Her best combo is her Thunderpunch, Firepunch combo. She has a huge crush on Typlosion, and often blushes when Typlosion talks to her, battles, or protects her. When she was a Mareep, she didnt want to evolve because she thought she'd lose all her cuteness. It wasnt until she battled a wild Ampharos that she decided to evolve.

Theme Song; We Are Siamese-Hilary Duff (Both) My Immortal-Mitsuru
Other; Susumphobic, Arachnaphobic.

Quies.

Name; Mikuru Huninozuka
Gender; Female
Position; Student
Age; 14
Sexuality; Straight
Personality; Always happy. Occasionly sad or worried. Happy-Go-Lucky. Has a knack for making jokes at the wrong time. Very sensitive to insults and scoldings.
Appearance; She's identical to Mitsuru, except the fact she has beautiful bright blue eyes. She wears exactly the same clothes as Mitsuru, except her skirt is longer. She's exactly the same height, but is a stone lighter than Mitsuru. Her skin colour is darker than Mitsurus, making her look a little tanned. She has a scar like Mitsurus on her right arm after being scratched by a Arachanine.

History; Same As Mitsurus History.
Pokemon;
IFu~xGRT1FRs2DuDzFz

Spheal, (Female, Snowy)

Ice Beam
Ice Ball
Encore
Hail

IDZDvFZD5Dvs2DuDzFz

Vulpix, (Female, Flare)

Fire Blast
Flamethrower
Flare Blitz
Will-O-Wisp

Pokemon's Personalities; Flare-Flare is cute, cuddly and childish. She's the undercover warrior of Mikuru's pokemon. She loves berrys, and hates spicy food. She is very good at using fire, and has a soft spot for ghost pokemon. This comes from her living in the Haunted Tower in Lavender Town. She was the princess of that tower, where all the ghost pokemon and ghosts of pokemon looked up to her and her mother, Duchess. It wasnt until she decided to go on an adventure nearby that she was captured by Mikuru. She loves battling, and has a huge crush on Mitsurus Typlosion.

Snowy-Snowy is the lolita of Mikurus pokemon. She's overall extremely cute, and loves cake and bunnys and all sorts of sweet things. She also loves the rain, snow, and being on ice. She's an excellent cheerleader and cheery-upper. She often uses Ice Beam to make herself a cradle, and she sings herself to sleep at night. When she was younger she used to play with the other Seels and Spheals. Her parents were the king and queen of Shoal Cave, and we're angry at Snowy for not evolving sooner. Spheal dosent want to be a Sealeo or Walrein because she thinks they're ugly.

Theme Song; Pre-Parade: Toradora
Other; Same phobias as Mitsuru.

Last edited:

Accepted.

Mitsuru shall be heading to House Libera, I suppose, and Mikuru shall be headed for House Quies.

I shall probably be posting the start-up tomorrow/later today, so if you wish to sign-up before we start now would be the time. That being said we are still in need of teachers before I can devise the schedule/s (singular if we don't have enough teachers for seperate schedules to be formed, plural if we get enough teachers soon-ish).

P.S. Like the OHSHC references :')

oh so we need a literature teach huh... i think i can work the one im working on now to that...

Time to make my sign up...

Name: Emmett Lunacore.

Sexuality: Hetorsexual.

Position: Student.

Personality: Emmett is a brave and somewhat layback. He is often obsessives over cats items. He always willing to help most of the time. But he can be very secretive and ruthless. He often dislikes smarter people as well. Despite that, he is very social and usually keeps his head down to earth. But sometimes tends to think about himself alone and not others.

Appearance: Emmet is a skinny and tall figure. Standing at "5.9", most of his hight is made by his legs. He has a nut skin color and that goes decently with his Greenish yellow eyes. He usually wears skinny jeans with a tee shirt. He always has a white cat keychain on him, as well as his necklace that contains two rings and a lock in the middle.

History: Emmett was born into a middle class family. He spent his childhood learning as much as he needed. He often dealed with a lot issues, he found himself running away from home after a metal break down dud to large amount of issues. He lived on his own for a year, he returned home after dealing with his issues and beating his demons. His life was never the same to him after returning home. He became detirmed to become a gym leader after he managed to deal with home issues.

Pokemon:

Kin (male Zoura)

Golem (Golett)

Crowz (Male Murkrow)

Shadow (Female Deino)

Theme Song: reverse this curse by Escape the fate.

Name; Alexander ‘Alec’ Petrisjnov
Gender; Male
Position; Teacher, head of Callidita
Age; 38
Sexuality; Asexual

Personality;
Nothing is true, Everything is permitted

As the quote says, Alexander doesn’t believe in authority, or any generally accepted truth. Instead, he believes that the more lies you learn, the better you can form your own truth – As long as you remember truth is a subjective term. He is a bit of a loner, though he possesses great charm. He just doesn’t wish to use any of it, unless its for a purpose.
His general outlook on life sees everything as an opportunity, for him or for others, and is generally quite optimistic despite being extremely distrustful. He has a good sense of humor and is hard to anger, but will make your life a living hell with every resource available to him should you anger him.
He is often found engrossed in books, as he enjoys reading very much – He never gets tired of figuring out how different people work and think... For the purpose of manipulating them for his fun that is. He is an extremely manipulative person once he finds some good enough reason to be manipulative, like boredom. He is also very intelligent, and has no respect for anything save for 2 personality traits; Curiosity and stubbornness (to an extent. Once it becomes stupidity, he loses interest and respect.)

Appearance;

Beauty lies in the eye of the beholder

Appearance wise, people say he’s quite handsome, with a long slightly muscular stature, a dignified and self-confident appearance with dark hair framing his masculine face. His eyes are a very pure dark green in color, almost as if he wears colored contact lenses. His clothing consists of strictly businesslike clothing. Sometimes a suit, sometimes a dress shirt, or rarely a uniformly colored t-shirt or sweater. In events he can be found wearing different clothing, usually themed to the event, but his usual clothing is strict and basic.

History;
In his early years, he was a promising young lad in the field of philosophy. He graduated early from one of the top-universities of Sinnoh, and then went to study more in Kanto.
There, he began looking into psychology and history, until he eventually settled for the combination of all of his three major interests and fields of expertise: Knowledge.
And what is knowledge stored in? Thats right. Books.
Literature.
He began studying literature in earnest, every scrap of information he could find, verbally from writers and other literature experts as well as the written down information he could find, and he has even written several books about his fields of interest.
Now he has gone to Praestantia Academy for a brand new part of his life – To teach the new generation, and maybe to have a little fun with them while he’s at it...

Pokemon;
Dusknoir
Rotom
Garchomp
Rapidash
Misdreavus
Porygon Z

Pokemon personalities:
Dusknoir
Dusknoir is a calm, steady pokemon of confidence and trust. He believes in righteousness, knowledge, and experience. He is an extremely reliable pokemon, and will obey any rules set by its master.
Rotom
Rotom is a more mischievous pokemon. It likes to turn into household objects to scare and shock people, and is a generally happy-go-lucky kind of pokemon. Like all of the other pokemon of Alec, Rotom is extremely loyal.
Garchomp
Garchomp is the fierce battler of Alec’s team, and always ready and itching for a fight. He is a real showoff, and will resist commands by Alec to finish fights with strong moves – he prefers a challenge.
Rapidash
Rapidash is the caring gentle pokemon of Alec’s team. It generally looks after both Alec and other people it sees who are in need, and often tries to make Alec help others. She also has the most respect for rules set by others and other peoples feelings, and will generally try to keep Alec on the straight and narrow.
Misdreavus
She and Rotom are two hands on the same belly. While she doesn’t enjoy scaring people nearly as much as Rotom does, she prefers the ways of manipulation and making people make a fool of themselves. She is the exact opposite of Rapidash when it comes to respect and caring, but she does care extremely much for Alec. He’s the only one who ever outwitted her.
Porygon Z
A pokemon devoid of real emotion, the only thing coursing trough Porygon Z’s mind is curiosity and loyalty to Alec. It will analyse anything Alec asks it to, and will then proceed to put the data in short code on Alec’s phone, calculator or any other electronic appliance near him. It has absolutely no idea of moral values, or laws, other then those of physics. It’s a creature of facts, not feelings.

Theme song: Can’t find one to describe him properly...

Other: He enjoys theatre and movies, and pretty much anything that expresses human thoughts and feelings.

Simple;
Denied.

Only one or two Pokemon per student and I also expect personalities for them, along with at least wo paragraphs for personality and appearance, even if it just means splitting your original paragraphs - ensure you've read all of the first post next time, please.

Dash;
Accepted.

Last edited:

I could also change the literature slightly to include pokemon behaviour in it, which would include breeding and such, though Alec would stick to theoretical in-class only, with possibly an out of class 'real' assignment.

That'd be helpful so long as no-one else wants to sign-up for the Pokemon Behaviour Teacher position thing P:

Well that'd be even better :3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom