• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Q: Lack of Storage System in Battle Revolution?

Ash_Pokemaster

Reaction score
Alright, that's what I heard...
PLEASE! Someone tell me that this is not true... X_O

Pokemon Box ended up being seriously useful. If Battle Revolution does not have a Storage System, then it is simply almost impossible to collect all Monsters together...

Well, except if a new Pokemon Box get released...

I hope this information is not right... And I wonder, are Japanese in their own special world? o_o Why isn't everything clear until Pokemon games are released outside Japan? >_>

Thanks in advance.

What exactly is your problem? D/P has enough boxes to have one of each species.

I wouldn't rule out a Pokémon Box for Wii in some form. Colosseum didn't have a storage expansion, only the three boxes for the snaggable Pokémon and any Pokémon traded for them.

Yes, Colosseum unfortunatelly was not a game where someone would store their Pokemon.
Anyway, I'm truly thankful for the answer. Since I try not to read many things about Diamond and Pearl, I didn't know that it has more boxes than the previous games. How many of them do take place?

Thanks for true!

There are three additional boxes allowing storage of 540 Pokémon within the game. Enough for the 493 species plus 47 extra if you want the additional forms of Unown, etc.

So you complain how not everything is clear until the games are released (which I think isn't really true) but you try to not read much about the games because you want to find out yourself?! Weird. You have no right to complain then, in my opinion.

Anyways, PBR has a couple boxes, but probably not many. Don't know the number.

There are three additional boxes allowing storage of 540 Pokémon within the game. Enough for the 493 species plus 47 extra if you want the additional forms of Unown, etc.
Obviously, anyone who purchased Box in the first place would be less satisfied with a maximum quota of 540 in Diamond and Pearl than with 450 in the GBA games. Technically, Box was released at a time when there were no more than 201 species available, thus it could easily be argued that Diamond and Pearl are in much higher need of a an expanded storage system than Ruby and Sapphire were.

nYoo said:
So you complain how not everything is clear until the games are released (which I think isn't really true) but you try to not read much about the games because you want to find out yourself?! Weird. You have no right to complain then, in my opinion.

Considering that Ash_Pokemaster was dead-on about Battle Revolution not accommodating a Storage System of which to speak, I see no evidence of his alleged refusal to read anything about the game.

When you transfer data from Diamond or Pearl to Battle Revolution, your party and boxes are duplicated. Once uploaded, they can be selected for use on your Battle Pass, which you can use to battle. It is an elaborate registration procedure, but by no means does it serve the purpose of a storage system.

I just shared my general thoughts about games being released in Japan, but still not having some serious things cleared up, due to the fact that for some reason Japanese people, have their personal web "places", and are not competing in English Communities, I see no point to argue about that.
Saying that I don't want to read about Diamond and Pearl, in order to avoid spoilers, does not mean I would do the same with Battle Revolution. But this is not a point. Pokemon Box, in which 1500 Pokemon could fit, let alone the fact that more than one Memory Cards could be used, was pretty comfortable for gathering all monsters. Seeing that we won't be able to do the same in Generation IV, is a pretty good reason to "complain". :p

Anyway, I didn't want to be bad or anything; just had a question. :p Sorry if I seemed to be complaining.
Thanks for clearing up things for me, I suppose I will be keeping my monsters' collection in Diamond/Pearl.

Thanks again! :)

Edit:
Also I forgot to say, that I'm not of the people complaining about Pokemon Battle Revolution for dumb reasons. I seriously believe that it will be a decent, a great game. I'm quite amazed with its similarity with Stadium, which I adored, and the new add-ons like customizing the Player. I think that all these are things that Pokemon Fans were waiting for, for quite a long time. I think graphics are not bad, and it wouldn't be wrong to say that they are great either, even though I don't really care, I don't play Pokemon in order to see Mudkip moving its tail or Mew speaking with its cute voice. The realism in the game, along with the online features, are not negative things though; so, it's reasonable to be happy about them. That's my opinion at least. :p

Last edited:
Please note: The thread is from 17 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom