• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Random Messages Episode X

Status
Not open for further replies.
Smogon has a listed of ranked pokemon, my highest was Bisharp at A rank.

No.

A b- pokemon ain't all that bad yknow.
Some of my favs were like a C rank.

Oh, Smogon's viability list. Do keep in mind that a Pokemon ranked low, or not at all, isn't necessarily "bad", just outclassed. That's how that list works. But yes, Sableye's B- rank should indicate that the "lol sableye isnt good" poeple are absolute amateurs.

No.

U HATE HOUNDOOM?
It's kinda sorta my least favorite Pokemon...ehehehe...I will choose to blame one particular fangirl.

Sounds bad :((
I kinda like it though, its typing and design is interesting, and it got a Mega... not for compet though.

A b- pokemon ain't all that bad yknow.
Some of my favs were like a C rank.

... how are they ranked? :))

Wallpost

No.

Alright noobies, since none of you can apparently Pokemon I'll explain why Sableye is good.

Prankster is fucking boss. It grants priority to every status move (Swords Dance, Will-o-wisp, Recover, Reflect, Leech Seed, Toxic, etc). In simple terms, priority means "go first". Sableye has Will-o-wisp, Recover, and Taunt, among other moves. Up against a physical attacker? Burn their ass and Recover back any damage they do to you. You think that Sableye's horrible stats won't allow it to survive? Think again, bitch.

252 Atk burned Garchomp Outrage vs. 252 HP / 100 Def Sableye: 110-129 (36.1 - 42.4%) -- 94.2% chance to 3HKO after Leftovers recovery

Recover heals 50% HP, and usually goes first, courtesy of Prankster. You think you can just poison Sableye or heal off any burn damage? You can't do that when you're Taunted. You'll just burn to death like most physical attackers and defensive Pokemon. Yeah, it's not good against fairies or most special attackers, but all Pokemon have their flaws.

Bitch.

No. Bad double post!

-I mean... No.

I used to be a fucking beast with Cloyster. And Espeon fucks most Sableye up the arse.

Smogon has a listed of ranked pokemon, my highest was Bisharp at A rank.

Οh, Smogon classified them that way as well, wow :)) Like tiers weren't enough.

Wallpost

:O You embarass me, son :)) /sarc

Alright noobies, since none of you can apparently Pokemon I'll explain why Sableye is good.

Prankster is fucking boss. It grants priority to every status move (Swords Dance, Will-o-wisp, Recover, Reflect, Leech Seed, Toxic, etc). In simple terms, priority means "go first". Sableye has Will-o-wisp, Recover, and Taunt, among other moves. Up against a physical attacker? Burn their ass and Recover back any damage they do to you. You think that Sableye's horrible stats won't allow it to survive? Think again, bitch.

252 Atk burned Garchomp Outrage vs. 252 HP / 100 Def Sableye: 110-129 (36.1 - 42.4%) -- 94.2% chance to 3HKO after Leftovers recovery

Recover heals 50% HP, and usually goes first, courtesy of Prankster. You think you can just poison Sableye or heal off any burn damage? You can't do that when you're Taunted. You'll just burn to death like most physical attackers and defensive Pokemon. Yeah, it's not good against fairies or most special attackers, but all Pokemon have their flaws.

Bitch.

I do know, the hard way :(( My poor Gen 5 lead called Azelf hated being Taunted before Taunting itself. It was pretty much "if you see Sableye, pick another lead from the Team Preview"

I never seriously said that Spiritomb is better, I was just joking :))
Although I like its design and background story more, the compet use and RSE nostalgia give Sableye the edge.

And now I will distract you all with Joltiks.

joltik___by_canadafangirl12-d5z0ywo.jpg

I've never actually tried to use Sableye competitively, I just caught it and kept it in a pc box.

Magic Coat is so underused. Learnt by tons and tons of Pokemon and has higher priority than Sableye's Taunt or any other attack of his, for that matter.

If Magic Coat was wide used, Sableye would be at least 69% shittier.

I am Joltik-proof.

Magic Coat is so underused. Learnt by tons and tons of Pokemon and has higher priority than Sableye's Taunt or any other attack of his, for that matter.

If Magic Coat was wide used, Sableye would be at least 69% shittier.

I am Joltik-proof.
THEN LOOK AT THE GOOMY

Goomyfull1635150_zps068c86be.jpg~original

I guess Magic Coat is overshadowed by the Magic Bounce ability. But it is a nice gimmick on some Pokemon who still don't run it.

Pokemon that learn Magic Coat:

Level Up:

Porygon2
Grumpig
Lopunny
Porygon-Z

Breeding:

Girafarig
Dunsparce
DUNSPARCE.
Kecleon
Absol