• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Random Messages Hits The Beach!

Status
Not open for further replies.
D1CbD2CdD3Cb
b) ask if you can hang out with the Bulbagarden staff members.
You ask if you and your friends can hang out with the Bulbagarden staff members. They heartily agree, and you accompany them back to their umbrella, which has a Bulbasaur on it. Several other staff members, including a woman painting a Weaville near the ocean, a man with a Torchic beach toy, a guy napping on a Snorlax pillow, and a woman wearing a Lucario swimsuit are all there. A man wearing a Vulpix T-shirt is starting a fire in one of the fire pits, while a woman takes out chocolate bars, graham crackers, and marshmellow from her backpack, which has a pink Celebi on it.
"Excellent!" dig says, rubbing his hands together, "time for S'mores!"
"Can't have S'more unless you've had some to begin with," chuckles ME, causing Enzap to thwack him.
"Can't you just behave yourself for five minutes?" asks the admin.
"I could, but you all would get bored," comes the retort, as the Super Moderator sticks out his tongue and blows a raspberry.
He then runs away toward the ocean, where he starts splashing a man with a Latios inner tube and another man who is trying to listen to Paramore on his boombox.
Dig shakes his head, mostly amused.
"He's a pain in the neck sometimes, but an okay guy once you get to know him," the HA says.
You and your friends get introduced to the assembled staff members, all of whom seem like nice enough people, with the exception of that Maniacal Engineer fellow, who is clearly just a troublemaker.
You are invited to partake in the S'mores party, since the staff have plenty of supplies. What do you do?

a) enjoy some S'more with the Bulbagarden staff members.
b) decline the invitation, you're not hungry, anyway.
c) attempt to rescue the two poor individuals who are being splashed by Maniacal Engineer.
d) cook something else at the fire.

D1CbD2CdD3CbD4Ca
I'm hungry....
You accept the invitation and grab some chocolate bars, graham crackers, and marshmallows from the staff members.
You all sit around the fire, cooking and eating delicious S'mores and swapping stories. This attracts the attention of Maniacal Engineer, who stops splashing the other two staff members to rejoin the group.
The other staff members roll their eyes as ME regales you and your friends with the tale of how he had almost singlehandedly created an artificial life form that, ultimately, ended up betraying him and nearly destroyed the entire Fun and Games Section in the process.
"That story gets more fantastical every time he tells it," whispers one of the staff members that ME had been splashing.
"Especially the bit about having a robotic arm," says the other quietly, sidling up beside you, "I mean he knows that he has two biological arms, right?"
They introduce themselves as TheCapsFan and SoaringDylan, two of ME's sectional staff members in Fun and Games.
You ask them what it's like to have a boss that's as self centered and egotistical as Maniacal Engineer.
"Eh, he's not so bad once you get used to him," says Caps.
"You do a lot of smiling and nodding," explains dylan, "and then you go about your business and do what actually has to be done."
You and your new friends laugh as Maniacal Engineer begins to tell the tale of how the members of Fun and Games and The War Room started a rebellion against him, and how utterly he had crushed it.
Suddenly, the atmosphere gets tense, as an armored vehicle pulls up to the beach. Out of the limo steps a man wearing a Team Rocket themed swim suit and sunglasses he is carrying a towel with a Bulbasaur on it. Behind him are two women, one wearing a Houndoom T-shirt, and the other wearing an Espeon T-shirt. The big boss had arrived. Even Maniacal Engineer had ceased his infernal prattling in the presence of the Webmaster and his Chiefs of Staff.
The trio approach the bonfire, grab some chocolate, graham crackers, and marshmallows and begin roasting their own S'mores. The tension dissipates, and everything continues as before, except that every time Maniacal Engineer looks like he is going to open his mouth to make a joke, one of the Chiefs of Staff would give him a non-amused look, shutting him up before he even began.
The S'mores party is continuing, but you and your friends are becoming slightly restless. What do you do?

a) thank the staff for their hospitality and friendliness, and continue exploring the beach.
b) stick around and continue chatting with Caps and dylan.
c) attempt to goad Maniacal Engineer into telling a pun while the Chiefs of Staff are hanging around.
d) stick around and talk to Enzap and dig.

D1CbD2CdD3CbD4Cd
I suddenly remember that I brought with me a special flotation device stuffed with veggie sausages. I pull one out and
Thinking yourself rather clever, you pull out a pan of stovetop popcorn that you happened to have had this whole time.
Despite the warnings from the staff members you begin to roast the popcorn over the open flames. You end up burning your hand, as the metal handle heats up, and you drop the popcorn into the flames. As the kernels heat up, they begin to pop and start shooting out of the flames, creating a massive hazard. It begins raining popcorn, which has been super heated by the flames and burns everyone it touches. You, your friends, and the nearby staff members run away from the flames. In your haste, however, you kick down the pit that the bonfire had been started in, causing the nearby beach to begin catching fire. Nobody can approach the flames, due to the popcorn shooting out of them, but the fire is not contained and may continue spreading if nothing is done. What do you do?

a) leave it alone, I'm sure it will work itself out.
b) attempt to put out the fire by kicking sand on it.
c) flee.
d) run into the ocean and start splashing the bonfire.

D1CbD2CdD3CbD4CdD5Cd
d) run into the ocean and start splashing the bonfire.
Your attempt to run into the ocean is blocked by plummeting popcorn. Just how much was in the one stovetop pan, anyway?! Your antics, however, have drawn the attention of Maniacal Engineer, who is still in the ocean, splashing two of his subordinates.
"Have no fear, ME is here!" shouts the Super Moderator.
The engineer rocks himself back and forth, building up momentum and releases a massive tidal wave onto the beach, squelching the flames and stopping the hail of flaming popcorn. as the other staff members and your friends peek out from whatever meager cover they had managed to find, you gaze around the beach. The bonfire pit and your pan of popcorn have been reduced to smoky ashes, there are tiny flaming craters up and down the beach where the popcorn had hit the sand, and everything in the general vicinity is soaking wet, including all of the S'mores ingredients. The staff members are not amused. Suddenly, an armored vehicle pulls up, and the Webmaster and his two Chiefs of Staff step out. The Bulba Boss gazes at the mess, his eyes finally settling on Maniacal Engineer, who is dripping wet from his swim in the ocean.
He sighs as Kogoro rolls her eyes.
"What did he do this time?" asks Evie.
"For once it wasn't him," reports dig, "in fact, he actually saved us all."

Taken aback, the trio requests an explanation, which is given.

"I see," says Archaic, glancing at you, "so that's the troublemaker, eh?"
You gulp and beat a hasty retreat before the powerful man decides to ban you from the beach.

You remain in hiding for the rest of the day as your friends mingle with the Bulbagarden staff. As you reunite with your friends to head home, they tell you how Archaic is taking a short vacation and how Maniacal Engineer was named temporary Webmaster until his return. All thanks to his heroism in the face of flaming popcorn death from above. Now Bulbagarden forums will be at the mercy of a madman for an entire week, thanks to your idiocy.

GAME OVER!

e) start tap dancing.
6N5NUR.gif

D1CcD2CcD3Ce
You attempt to begin tap dancing, but you do not have the appropriate shoes for so doing, since, go figure, you did not pack them for a trip to the beach.
Additionally, your attempts at tap dancing end up kicking up a lot of sand, which gets in the eyes of a particularly large fellow, who was relaxing on the beach.

Angered by your insolence, the massive individual stands up and walks over to you and your friends.
"I'm gonna count to ten," he says, "if youse guys are not gone by the time I'm done counting, there's gonna be trouble."
What do you do?

a) apologize to the man and say that it was all a misunderstanding.
b) this guy is all dumb muscle. He can't count to ten.
c) leave the beach.
d) tell the guy that this was all your fault and that you will leave, but ask that your friends be allowed to stay.
e) kick more sand at the guy.

D1CcD2CcD3CeD4Cb
One... two... five!
Using the age old assumption that a person can either have brawn or brains, you ignore the rather large fellow as he starts counting, believing that he will never reach ten.

As you and your friends lay out your towels, you are surprised when a rather large hand comes down on your shoulder. The rather large individual finished his count, and he is not happy.
"I told youse that there would be trouble if you didn't leave," he said, "and now you'll find out why."

The big man begins whaling on you, pummeling the living daylights out of you. As he's about to bury you in the sand, he is hit by a giant F, which knocks him unconscious. You glance across the beach and catch a glimpse of the man who had thrown the F. He was a rather handsome looking individual wearing Super F swim trunks. He salutes jauntily and returns to his group of friends. The big guy is out cold, but you don't know for how long. What do you do?

a) use the large man's chest as the table for your picnic lunch.
b) leave the beach while the bully is out cold.
c) go thank your savior.
d) dig a hole in the sand and bury the big guy.

D1CcD2CcD3CeD4Cd
d) tell the guy that this was all your fault and that you will leave, but ask that your friends be allowed to stay.

You apologize to the large man, and assume full responsibility for kicking sand in his face. You ask that your friends be allowed to stay and offer to leave.
Your request touches the big guy's heart, and he envelops you in a very painful bear hug.
"Loyalty like that is difficult to come by," he says, and allows you to stay on the beach.
Your walking is a little stiff and you have several cricks and creaks from the bear hug, but, at last, you are here at the beach. What do you do?

a) hang out with the big guy.
b) seek medical assistance for your injuries from the bear hug.
c) Do you want to build a snowman?
d) take a nap.

D1CcD2CcD3CeD4CbD5Cd
Maybe a Palossand will get to him.
Thinking yourselves quite clever, you and your friends completely bury the large man under the sand, but you forget to leave the head unburied. The man's nostrils and mouth get clogged by sand as he struggles to breathe.
As strong as he is, he cannot break through the vast mountain of sand you have piled on him, and he slowly succumbs to unconsciousness, and then death.
His body is found on the beach several days later, and you and your friends are charged with murder.

You are eventually convicted and get sent to jail. Who knew a harmless day at the beach could go so wrong?

GAME OVER!

D1CcD2CcD3CeD4CdD5Ca
You and your friends decide to hang out with the big guy who, it turns out, is not so bad after all.
It turns out that he hangs out at the beach fairly often and, as it so happens, knows about a secret cave not far down the coast.
Intrigued, you and your friends follow the big guy to the cave. The entrance appears, for all intents and purposes, to be a narrow crack in the rock face that doesn't lead anywhere, but, in actuality, is a camouflaged entrance. This could be some kind of elaborate trap, but you are rather curious to see what's in the cave.
However, you are still slightly winded from the massive bear hug you received earlier. What do you do?

a) rest for a bit to recover from the bone crushing hug.
b) run as far away as you can, clearly this is a trap of some sort.
d) enter the cave.
e) wonder where option c went.

D1CcD2CcD3CeD4CdD5Cc
♪ It's quite hard to build a snowman ♪
♪ On this, a hot summer's day ♪
♪ But that doesn't mean we can't try ♪
♪ To aim for the sky ♪
♪ I just wanted to say~ ♪
Your suggestion to build a snowman falls flat on your friends, as do your suggestions to make snow angels or go sledding. Clearly your friends do not know how to enjoy a day at the beach.

You leave your sticks in the mud friends and go off on your own to begin building a snowman. The first step, obviously, is to find some snow. You look up and down the coast, but there is nothing except useless sand. Disappointed, you shrug your shoulders and begin trying to build a Sandman instead. Unfortunately, your attempts succeed, and you unintentionally create a horrible monster from the Doctor Who series. The monster follows you home and prevents you from falling asleep.
Eventually, sleep deprived and cranky, you find yourself disintegrating.

You become a Sandman yourself, and are ultimately defeated by The Twelfth Doctor.

Game Over!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom