• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Randomly Witnessed Glitches (By Personal Experience)

Have you ever randomly encountered a glitch playing a Pokemon game?

• Total voters
That sounds a lot like voice chat was on, and the other person was doing that for shits and giggles. ^^;;

He said it happened with two different people. Unless they were actually the same person on two different games, which is kinda unlikely.

My guess would be that either there's something up with your DS's speakers or that you've stumbled into a creepypasta.

Or that your hearing things. It happens somtimes ^_^.

I once thought that I made my Saphire crap itself. Then I realized that some how the game removed itself from the GBA and that it was just the static you hear -_-...

He said it happened with two different people. Unless they were actually the same person on two different games, which is kinda unlikely.

My guess would be that either there's something up with your DS's speakers or that you've stumbled into a creepypasta.

Or that your hearing things. It happens somtimes ^_^.

That sounds a lot like voice chat was on, and the other person was doing that for shits and giggles. ^^;;
I traded with @demon and @Kenshi, I'm not mental to hear voices in my voice and NOONE screams "HELP ME HELP ME" in a male voice of desperation during a trade even when taking a huge dump.

To kick it off, here's my story:

This glitch didn't happen to me personally, but I was a witness. It happened a while ago, when my friend/roommate was playing his Platinum. He was on route 201 and randomly encountered a wild Pokemon in the grass.

The only thing unusual about this is that the wild Pokemon was a Chikorita.

It was encountered without any sort of hack or cheat, just like any normal wild Pokemon. No AR, just a normal Platinum version purchased from Wal-Mart on your average Nintendo DS.

113186-K9I62R3.jpg

I took this picture straight from his DS screen with my Digital Camera. As you can see, he's since evolved it into a Meganium, and it's produced several perfectly normal Chikoritas when bred with his ditto.

It's done no harm to his game whatsoever. It runs absolutely normally, and he can use the Meganium in battle just like any other Pokemon. The only quirk is that it shows up as a Bad Egg on PBR, which is probably because the game knows Chikorita can't be found on route 201.

It always makes me wonder, how is this possible?
Maybe the game's data was a bit scrambled, and (if wild Pokemon were found out by index numbers), because the game's data was a bit scrambled, the randomization of the Pokemon that will show up would be a Chikorita, instead of a Bidoof (Route 201 is the first route in Sinnoh, right?).
And this wouldn't be a glitch, but when I sent out my Garchomp in battle, due to something that happened to the DS (it was physical damage, I guess, but I don't remember how), the text that comes up when a Pokemon is sent to battle which should be "Go, Garchomp!", became "Go, Garch..." (a bit like this). The point is that the text was cut off by some glitch dots...I forgot where the dots were.

A glameow of mine was a low level, I went into a battle, and it as suddenly level 100! But, it went back to normal after a few minutes. :p Darn.

I've only ever had one glitch, and just recently. It was on my White version. I was in a wild double battle, and one of my pokemon fainted. When it sent me to the pokemon selection screen to send out a replacement it wouldnt let me send any out. It kept telling me that "the pokemon cannot be switched out", no matter which pokemon I selected. Almost like the game seemed to think that all of my pokemon were out, but I still had to pick a replacement for the one that fainted.
Like I said, Only glitch I've ever encountered. Kinda worries me a bit...

I've only ever had one glitch, and just recently. It was on my White version. I was in a wild double battle, and one of my pokemon fainted. When it sent me to the pokemon selection screen to send out a replacement it wouldnt let me send any out. It kept telling me that "the pokemon cannot be switched out", no matter which pokemon I selected. Almost like the game seemed to think that all of my pokemon were out, but I still had to pick a replacement for the one that fainted.
Like I said, Only glitch I've ever encountered. Kinda worries me a bit...

You're supposed to select the Pokemon you want to switch in,. and then select the in-battle 'mon whose place you want it to take. Confusing, but not a glitch.

I haven't encountered any glitches in Pokemon games, but I must say, some of you people end up with pretty crazy ones. o_O

I've gotten glitches in other games though, namely Zelda, and I wasn't even trying to get them. xP

EDIT: Oh wait, there were those two times that Earthquake missed for me in one of my gen 4 games when no accuracy altering moves were used, but that might not have been a glitch. Someone told me the opponent Pokemon might have been holding a BrightPowder. But I can't be sure.

A few times in the third Gen games, I used Thunderbolt and the electric sounds continuously played on a loop forever until I turned the game off. I never saved the game when this happened, because I heard the glitch could possibly wipe the save file. It was about 2003 when I heard this, so perhaps the glitch has been proven to be harmless since, but it actually put me off using one of my favourite attacks.

I'm dead afraid of glitches,since they could erase my precious Pokemons that I spend all my time on...
But I actually witnessed a lot of them...
Like when a Pikachu used flamethrower ( Happened in Emerald )...
When I found the door glitch.... ( Black )
And when I cloned through trade ( Diamond )
Good times.

I remember a long time ago in Yellow, I was walking up to Viridian City. I was on a path, in no grass, and all of a sudden I'm jumped by a level 14 Onix! I was all "what the hell!?" but I just ran and continued my stroll with Pikachu.

Aaaaand… old man on the roof on Cinnibar Island, but at the time I thought that was supposed to happen.

In Sapphire, the aroma lady next to Mauville City, she walked through the ledge to greet me with a battle. I was just kind of o_O "whut," lol.

Emerald, accidentally encountered a Bad Egg every now and then. I turned it off every time I saw one.

And the time in Diamond when I first got my bike, I couldn't actually use it. Like, I'd have my sprite on the screen, and the music'd be playing, but there was no bike. Just Dawn's overworld sprite. That was most certainly O______o inducing.

And the most recent being in SoulSilver when I turned into Ethan for a little bit. I remember I walked up to Ethan while I was Ethan, and he had his Marill and I had my Ampharos at my side. It was weird.

And take note that for all of these games, (excluding Yellow), I had never intentionally hacked or glitched into. I don't own an Action Replay, but I want one! ;O; They were all first hand, as well.

On Yellow, all my other glitches were intentional i.e Mew Glitch, Missingno., stand where tree was, Glitch City, ect.

Last edited:
In Pearl, if you use a honey in a mart, then talk to a salesman, only the item will apear and not the text beside it.

:-|:-|:-|My Elektrike became shiny after migrating it into Heartgold??!!:-|:-|:-|

Last edited:
My White game slows down by about half a second in some cases of playing the Battle Subway Multi Line (not Super Multi, just plain Multi). Weird.

That, and my brother managed in his old Blue game to take that little surfing sprite (the Dewgongy thing) and walk with it across Cinnabar island. Fantastic. Neither of us know how to purposely glitch (the intricacies of tweaking even elude us).

Ok then, mine is in sapphire in a real gameboy. The blocks to the right of the dock(where team aqua steals the boat), the rocks which were the game's boundary were glitched and looked like trees

Last edited by a moderator:
Please note: The thread is from 10 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom