• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Creative title I know, but it is what it is.

As you can guess, this is an RP that revolves around ranger school. Before I get into the description of the RP, I want to give an overview of the style of the RP. It will be an academy type RP (you've all been there done that) about half the time. You know standard new dorms, new teachers, new friends, getting into a new school sort of thing. The other half of the RP is going to revolve around rangering, which is going to be done in sort of miniature Dungeons and Dragons style type RP. What I mean by this is that a student (or small party of students) will be getting an assignment out in the real world and it will play out like a quest of sorts, with myself functioning as the DM (dungeon master), laying out the challenge and quest bit by bit, allowing the party to react.

Now for the real introduction of sorts:

The region of Hoenn is known for a lot of different things in the Pokémon world. One of these is that Hoenn is home to perhaps the finest academy for aspiring Pokémon rangers in the entire world. Only the best of the best are accepted to this school because it is specifically designed to mold the finest rangers for the various reasons of the world. Students will be taught training, survival skills, leadership skills among other classes. The academy itself sits off the coast of Lilycove city on a small, secluded archipelago of islands. The facilities are state of the art, no expense being spared on the dorms, classrooms and practice facilities. Simulations of various climates and locations (mountains, deserts, cities etc.) are scattered around the islands for practice and instruction.

The RP will start with every character arriving at the island for the new term in the manner of their choice (boat, plane, Pokémon whatever you wish).

The signup form for students is below. If you want to submit a teacher, simply shoot me a PM with their class (explain why it would be important for rangers to know), and we'll be good.

The form:

Name:
Description: (Try to give this a couple sentences minimum)
Personality: (Same here)
History: (At least a short paragraph)
Pokémon party:

Here is where things get interesting. You can have as few as one, as many as six. Students can't have pseudo-legendaries. As you know, rangers are supposed to have only one partner. In this RP, students may have a party HOWEVER it is a violation of the academy rules (not the rules of the RP) to use multiple Pokémon at the same time. Doing so is not against the rules against the RP but if the student is caught by a professor there will be in-universe consequences.

Anything else you'd like to put:

THE RULES:

No godmodding, tennising, etc.
I am the GM, my word is law. Any issues with anything, shoot me a PM and we'll talk.
When you're in parties for rangering, try to let everyone keep pace. People have different schedules IRL, so try to be patient
I'd like everyone to post at least once a day. But as I said, everyone has days they can't get online and that's okay. If you're going to be absent for a long period of time just let me know and I'll work with it.
If you read these rules, mention me @Mako;) somewhere in your signup.

The last rule is have fun. That's why we're all here.

Oh and @Octy; here is your mention as requested.

Student Roster:

Ashley Turner (Octy)
Blake Anders (Haze)
Will Vermillion (Naoto)
Sofia Cohen (Lyrebird)
Kaoru Junko (Harpy)
Jonny Walker (Mako)
Beatrice Villalobos (Kamen)
Opal Corbin (Autumnbreeze)
Eddie Nafekop (Pokefan)
Annabelle Faulkner (Plumbum)

My signups (Will be adding to this as things are revealed in the RP)

Name: Jonathan 'Jonny' Walker

Description: Jonny stands at just over six feet tall, with ice blue eyes and medium length shaggy beach blond hair. A skilled natural athlete, he is blessed with cut and chiseled muscles that come with an active lifestyle. A surfer, snowboarder and skateboarder, it is rare to find him without a board of some sort with him. The other notable feature of his appearance is a large tattoo on his back up on his shoulder blades of a pair of black wings that hold an elemental symbol (intertwined fire, water and thunder) inside.

Personality: Jonny is a reckless rebel who is constantly after cheap thrills. He is charming and generous however and under his rebellious streak he has a genuinely good heart and a gentle soul. He cares deeply for protecting those (both people and Pokémon) who cannot protect themselves. However, he has no respect for authority and actively does what he can to circumvent it. He believes on doing what he wants, when he wants.

Pokémon party:

Drago (male, Charizard): Jonny's starter and his powerhouse
Patton (male, Braviary)
Creed (male, Hitmonchan)
Skywalker (male, Lucario)
Albus (male, Alakazam)
Glacia (female, Glaceon)

Teacher Roster:

Victor Larmond (head ranger, headmaster)
Ranger Jack Walker (Aquatic Survival Skills)
Ranger Alex Damon (Pokemon Biology)
Ranger Daphne Rose (Ranger Basics)
Mr. James Dalton (Battling)

Last edited:
Re: Ranger School

Yes! I got this! :D

Name: Ashley Turner

Gender/Sex: Female/Heterosexual

Appearance: Ashley stands at around 5'6, and has an average build for a teenage girl. She has natural red, wavy hair that goes to the middle of her back, a pale complexion (with the occasional freckles that emerge during the summer months), and soothing baby blue eyes. Her attire is a light blue/navy blue plaid sleeveless top, dark wash, denim jeans, and black tennis shoes. During times of stress, hot temperatures, or other intense moods, she puts her hair back in a low ponytail as to not pull her hair (a coping skill when she stresses) and damage it.

Personality: Ashley is extremely outgoing and loves to make new friends. She is almost always the life of the party, and she loves to show off her skills as an ametur dj. She is also an adventurous woman, and won't back down from a challenge. This makes her appear reckless, as well as careless. Despite this, she is a family oriented person, and is very protective of her family. Her Pokemon also mean everything to her, as she has a unique, special bond with each one of them. Currently, she has put a halt on looking for love. She wants to pursue her dreams, achieve her goals, and spend more time with her loved ones. That doesn't mean she wouldn't pursue a relationship if it revealed itself. While being reckless is one of her main flaws, she also is very stubborn and has a difficult time admitting when she is wrong. This frequently causes her to get enraged and show off her fiery temper.

History: To be revealed in the RP (Yes, @Mako; said this would be fine).

Pokemon Party

Name: Sumac
Species: Venusaur
Other: Has markings on his face (Much like the Mega Venusaur, but they've been there since birth)

Name: Titanium
Species: Aggron

Name: Meowiel
Species: Vaporeon

Name: Nirvana**
Species: Manectric
Other: Shiny

Name: Kiba
Species: Arcanine

Name: Falconator
Species: Starptor

@Mako;

Name: Blake Anders

Description: Blake has long blonde colored hair that falls all the way to the back of his neck and covers a large part of his forehead. He has white skin and violet colored eyes and is around 6'1 in height. Blake usually wears a black colored vest along with a white shirt that he usually wears underneath and a pair of black jeans. He wears

Personality: Blake is very confident in himself and sure of what he does, having grown up around Pokemon since a young age he feels that he knows how to deal with them. Blake is very lazy though and as thus tends to put aside the things that he has to do in order to do what he wants to instead. He's very open towards other and has a tendency to try and always be on top of things; though it's all to sate his own thirst for adventure.

History: Blake was raised in a ranch near Lilycove City with his father since he was young, because of that he was always around Pokemon and learned to take care of them as well as how to act around them. While he was interested in life at the ranch he always wanted more though, he would go out on his own to see more Pokemon or would venture into the city in order to find ways to entertain himself, thanks to this he developed a sense of wonder but is also able to adapt to any situation. At the age of 14 his father's ranch was ransacked while he was out in the city and when he came back he found that all the Pokemon had been stolen and his father had been left in bad conditions.

After his dad had recovered from his wounds Blake decided that he wanted to find the people that had stolen the Pokemon and hurt his dad, because of that he began to travel around on his own in search for them; however, because he didn't have any leads he was unable to find anything. As thus Blake decided that he wanted to become a Ranger, that way he might get a chance of one day encountering the group that had invaded his family's ranch.

Pokemon Party: Grovyle, Furret, Rufflet

Name: Will Vermillion

Description: Will stands at 5,7 and weighs 127 lbs. He's very slender, with slim arms and legs, and perfectly proportioned physique. He's not very muscled, and can easily fool others into thinking he's a girl if he were to disguise himself in a dress or something similar. Will has slightly large navy blue eyes, with dark black hair, with slightly long eye brows that covers his eye brows. His skin is slightly pale, and his head is slightly round, like that of a 14 year old. Will typically wears a blue long sleeved collared shirt with the sleeves rolled up to his elbows. He also wears a pair of dark blue jeans, a pair of loafers, a bright yellow tie, and a Dark Blue Cap. In the winter, he wears a dark royal blue double breasted cardigan with a white scarf.

Personality: Despite his young looking physique, Will is actually a very mature, intelligent, refined you with rather formal body language. He tends to use slightly larger words, having a fairly broad vocabulary. Will is very intelligent, and is an honor student. What he lacks in physical abilities, he makes up for with wisdom, deduction, and logic, making him very good at solving puzzles and mysteries. Will often detests being treated as a child, which happens a lot because of his childish stature, and often gets very frustrated and willing to prove himself. He's very independent, to a fault. He's very reluctant to accept help from others, and will rarely confide in others openly about his own problems. In terms of missions, he's often requested to solve mysteries such as solving Pokemon related crimes.

History: Will was born to a wealthy family, and his mother being a judge, and his father being a detective. Will was often very passionate about Pokemon, thinking them as beautiful creatures, and after being molded by his admiration for his parents, Will studied heavily to become a first class Pokemon Ranger, and to help Pokemon, and to capture people who abused Pokemon. He was never good at interacting with others his own age, so he eventually became very independent, and when people started to try to befriend him, Will would simply brush them off without a second thought. He is now attending Ranger Academy as an Honor Student.

Pokémon party: Will's a stickler for the rules, so he only brings one Pokemon with him at time on missions.

Pokemon: Gengar
Name: Sebastian

Pokemon: Milotic
Name: Marina

Pokemon: Stoutland
Name: George

Pokemon: Togekiss
Name: Angel
@Mako;

I'm just posting it here, so I can remember in a few hours to post a sign up. So a reserve please? :p

Name: Sofia Cohen

Description: Sofia is a tall woman with an athletic slender build. Her height gives her something that a lot of women don't have and gives her a figure that she likes to attribute that of an athlete or a model. She stands between 5'11" and 6'0" which is above average for women her age. Sofia has long black hair which goes down past her shoulders and olive green eyes with lightly tanned or olive skin (Basically a Mediterranean look). Since Sofia is quite fashionable, her outfits will change constantly as she tries to keep up with the trends. Sofia also likes to have a hairband in her hair in various colours because she likes to keep her hair in check and makes sure it is faultless.

Personality: Sofia tries to carry herself as best as possible. She is a romantic but very picky in that aspect but she does mean well. As stated earlier Sofia is quite fashionable, so she likes to change her outfit a lot to keep up with the trends. This leads to her kind of being a perfectionist that likes mainly her appearance to be as perfect as possible. She is a natural leader and commands respect from others but that doesn't mean she is purely nice but in fact she is ready to make the tough decisions in spite of people and it does lead to a problem of Sofia being perceived as cold. Sofia isn't really book smart or adventurous but she makes that up for being very fit and tactically very savvy. Her Pokemon to her are partners that are willing to do the job like her and there is mutual respect there. She does have an accent which is similar to a South American one

History: Sofia came from a large family where there was a lot of love and all that jazz. She wanted to be Pokemon Ranger because being fit was in her blood as well as the other stuff that comes in blood like being a leader. She didn't have the best of luck to begin with to try and show off her dreams, hopes, goals and similar happy things because she really did not get enough attention in her large family (In her mind) and it didn't help that they lived in the city which doesn't really present the chance to see a lot of Pokemon. However that never stopped Sofia as she kept pestering her parents and even knocked down a chance to study with an evil team but eventually she got her way. Sofia with the blessing of her family and neighbours, finally was able to become a Pokemon Ranger or at least study to be one. If that failed she thought that modelling would be a decent option but Sofia knew that there was no reason to give up unless she got eaten by a Gyarados.

She doesn't have an interesting history at all.

Pokémon party:

Species: Exeggutor

Species: Houndoom

Species: Crobat

Species: Kingdra

Species: Steelix

Species: Electrode

There go @Mako - Dull as me in real life, you can beat Sofia. :p

Last edited:

Name: Kaoru Junko
Description:Kaoru has long pink hair pulled up into a messy bun with bangs hanging loosely down in her face. Her eyes are a gold in color and her height is average for her age. For clothing she wears an elbow length black shirt under a dark red hooded vest, zipped up, black cargoes and black boots.
Personality: Kaoru is cheerful and enjoys having a good time. She loves to explore nature and especially loves to help pokemon and work alongside them. She always speaks her mind and seems to never be nervous about anything unless its guys. Despite her outgoing demeanor she tends to be nervous around guys and often unsure of what to say. When around other girls she's fine and friendly unless she finds them rude, mean, or annoying.
History: Kaoru was born in Mahogany Town, Johto. She grew up playing with the wild pokemon around the small town until she was seven. Once she turned seven she was shipped off to an all girls school in Goldenrod City. There she would often sneak out to play with pokemon which resulted in her getting in trouble by her superiors. At ten she found an injured cyndaquil being chased by some hunters. She attempted to help only to get tossed aside easily. However at that moment a pokemon ranger came by and defeated the hunters. At that moment she decided to definitely become a ranger. The ranger left the injured cyndaquil in her care after her requesting so, before they left. Nursing the cyndaquil back to health in secret, Kaoru and her soon became good friends. Overtime of sneaking out of the school she befriended other pokemon along with ones she knew back home. After much begging and calls back home to let her leave the boring boarding school in favor of becoming a ranger, her parents decided to let her attend the academy after finding out about it.

Pokémon party:
Name:Quilava
Ability:Blaze

Name:Noctowl
Ability:Insomnia

Name:Gyarados
Ability:Intimidate

Name:Roserade
Ability:poison Point

Name:Flygon
Ability:Levitate

Name:Joltik
Ability:Compound Eyes
@Mako; I don't mean to be picky or back modding or anything like that, but the rules say no pseudo legendaries yet you allowed lyrebird to have one...so does that mean we're allowed them?

Harpy... accepted.

Also now I look like an idiot lol. Is it bad I forgot that Metagross is a psuedo-legendary? Yes, yes it is, don't answer that question. Lyre, if you could change that for me please?

ALSO DONT MAKE ME LOOK LIKE AN IDIOT IN MY OWN RP BY USING FACTS! (I kid I kid, thanks for pointing out for me :) )

I never knew Metagross was psuedo-Legendary. Wait how is it? Nevermind I found it.

Changed.

Just so you know, I have a character in mind and I plan to join but I lost my signup sheet in a browser accident. As in, I didn't save it when I put it onto GDocs. Just so ask, I am so crummy at describing what someone looks like, mind if I do my usual and abuse a VG character creator to make an image?

Name: Eddie Nafekop
Description: My avatar (simple enough, eh?, but just in case it changes in the near future, here's a permalink: http://i1050.photobucket.com/albums/s408/pokefan548/Eddie2.png)
Personality: Generally calm, but quick to enter combat if something or someone he values is stolen, broken, or hurt.
History: Hoenn born in Petalburg City, with extensive knowledge of Hoenn's forests, and a good head about him when it comes to Hoenn's flora and fauna.
Pokémon party:
One Treecko, a gift from his father. The Treecko is part of a family line that's been with the Nafekops since past anyone can remember.

Name: Michelle "Thumbs" Matthews
Description: A young girl in pink everything.(im very descriptive eh?) Has a hat that says BOW DOWN TO THE QUEEN on it.
Personality: Is very calm and gentle... unless you get on her bad side. If you do, beg for mercy(no not really)
History: Born in Saffron City, Daughter Of Kiyo, The Karate King, she was heir to the fighting dojo, But before that time comes, she must hone her skills.
Party:
Sawk, A gift from her father.

Name: Beatrice Durante “Dante” Villalobos

Description: Stands at a tall 5’11” stance, weighs in at a solid 129 lbs.’, modest proportions, has vibrant red hair, olive-hued skin, sharp cheek bones, sharp blue eyes, has some muscle toning around the legs and upper arms.

Personality: Dante is a little bit of a smart-ass, and is not afraid to be coy. She can be a bit temperamental though, so pissing her off can be a tad hazardous to one’s health. She does wear her heart on her sleeve though, so it does explain some of her temperamental issues.

History: Dante was given her name thanks to her father being a fan of The Divine Comedy, and has received a fair share of ribbing from her classmates, mainly for those who have read the series and those who played the Devil May Cry games. Which is safe to say, hardly any one, due to the graphic nature of both sources of media. Once Dante was old enough, she began adventuring around the world, collecting a badge here and there. Eventually, she picked up a flyer for Ranger Academy, and thought it would be a good place to have an outlet, having been nothing but a vagabond all over the 5 main regions.

Pokémon party:
Jörmungandr the World Snake – Eelektross (Male; Normal)
Phoenix the Fire Bird – Blaziken (Female; Normal)
Rookin the Water Terror – Feraligatr (Male; Normal)
Kentrospik the Relic – Venusaur (Male; Normal)
Odin the Messenger – Honchkrow (Male; Shiny)
Cthulhu the Manipulator – Inkay (Female; Normal)

@Mako

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom