• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Ranking All 400 Pokemon...

Mozz

Golden Wang of Justice
Reaction score
Based on Dami and Kasu's thread, let's rank all the known Pokemon, and add the new ones as they become available.

Categories:

Coolness - Need description ^_^;;
Any Others?

And yes, I will have a full excel spreadsheet for this mamma jamma =O

All contest types would be good except maybe intelegance would be hard for some. Originality is a good idea and ugly too, but that could just be like a reverese beauty

You could rank them according to looks and/or abilities and give at least one from each group a superlative title: Most Beautiful, Toughest, Most Intelligent, Least Likely to be Caught by Ash Ketchum, etc.

Only problem is that we'll never agree on all the rankings. For example, I think that Aron is cuter than Pikachu, that Relicanth is cooler than all the legendaries, and that Sandslash is generally awesome in every possible way. But I know a lot of people would disagree with me completely.

I was thinking; how about we rank the Pokemon in a game or face-off of sorts, like Pokemon Survivor or Hurt and Heal. That way, the Bulbagarden public would have a say in the matter, and it wouldn't be too biased. Having just a couple of people privately dictate the ranking process would be biased, on the other hand.

A hurt and heal game would be fun, but those things can drag on for ages

GreatLiver said:
A hurt and heal game would be fun, but those things can drag on for ages
That is a serious drawback..... especially in a forum that is not especially active. Pokemon Survivor would be much better; there is a list of 10 or so Pokemon. Members vote off there least favourite. The one with the most nominations for leaving is eliminated at the end of the day, and it goes on and on until only one Pokemon is left. Then the owner posts another set of 10 Pokemon, and the process repeats.

Nah, we need people to rank at least their top 50 and bottom 25 in a few categories.

Please note: The thread is from 18 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom