• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Rare Pairings

^Forgot about N/Bianca. That is cute.

Checkmate has a little love on DA and had some love on Pixiv for a while, but not as much as DualRival/Chess/Isshu/FerrisWheel. I agree that it's cute as well- Cheren's interactions with the player in the game were fun.

Yes! I've always imagined Cheren to be somewhat bossy and OCD, and then the player to be "I already know all that stuff, super nerd!" *playful shoving*

It's also funny how N seriously thinks he's a king while Bianca seriously thinks she's a bodyguard.

here's some other rare pairings i've started supporting recently

volkner/jasmine
volkner/elesa
roark/gardenia
brock/erika
grimsley/karen
aaron/caitlin
lucian/karin
adeku/prima

*looks around* I... don't see any fellow TurquoiseShippers around here. Please tell me I'm not the only one who supports this pairing!

I support BrendanxLeaf and MayxLeaf. Game versions in both cases. I have yet to meet any other fellow supporters of the first and the second is rare too.

Just realized another one- any ship involving the NPCs you can ride the Ferris wheel with (except Ace Trainer Austin/Hilda, which has quite a bit of love, though not as much as Chess or FerrisWheel in terms of Hilda ships).

Blue (female) x Sabrina <3 Wristshipping! My favorite pairing in Pokemon adventures. I've only found a few fanarts, and that's all. I love this ship! They looked sooo cute when they were stuck together by Lorlei.

And I used to think Shiroshipping (Bel x Touko) was unpopular. Not anymore. Lots of fanart and even a few fan fics of them now. :D

I support both of these to the umpth degree!!

PinkFlowerShipping (ErikaxWhitney): it's hot but has a cute charm to it that keeps it balanced
RedShipping: nothing hotter than an older chick & younger boy xD plus they're both hot headed, at least moreso back in the Kanto days..
DeliaxJohanna: 2 milfs, 'nuff said. plus Delia's easy goingness/happy go lucky attitude pairs well with Johanna's firm supportive yet grounded personality. to me anyway
DeliaxDawn: I'm prolly the only person alive that even ships this but I came across a short six page comic that sexually explored this pairing & I loved it ever since

all I can think of for now

DeliaxDawn: I'm prolly the only person alive that even ships this but I came across a short six page comic that sexually explored this pairing & I loved it ever since

Wow, very interesting. You get my Obscure Pairing Award for that.

My fic on domino has me shipping her with proton. i just think they'd be cute together.

Woo, I step on this forum and first page has my favorite obscure pairing of the moment, that being ScientificShipping (JuniperxFennel). Also, I don't know if I'm just not looking in the right places, but AirplaneShipping (ElesaxSkyla) seems at the very least not the biggest pairing for either of them.

Also, if anyone ever saw me on here before, when I was into Pokemon before (I slipped out of it and just rejoined the fandom), they know my OTP used to be BatoRangerShipping (KellynxSolana). That is an obscure pairing, and it's not even a nevermet! I mean, the only fanfic of it that I've seen was one where the author was taking requests for pairings, and I was the one who requested it! Plus all the fanart I have of it I made myself. /forever alone

Juniper x Fennel---- I never thought of till reading it here, and I approve.

Bianca x Elesa---- I think it's cute

My biggest guilty ship- Brock x Misty

Paul x Casey - Poor girl would come rainbows when she see's his Electivire.

N x Bel/Bianca - I seriously started to ship them only because I was sick of seeing N x Cheren/White/Black everywhere. Where's Bel's love, that girl is too cute for herself and between her and N, all the fluff they could make, it'd kill me.

Shooti x Iris - Typical rival and Ash's gal companion, I adore it along with cross ships like Iris x Paul and Dawn x Shooti.

Last edited:
I'm one of those few people out there who /loves/ shipping game!Kotone x harem... which includes a lot of people, both male and female XD

Though these ships have stolen my heart >w>

Messyshipping - game!Red x Kotone. They're adorable together o/ -prods pixiv fanart-

Beaconshipping - Volkner x Hikari <3

GirlPowershipping - Shirona/Cynthia x Hikari <3

If I list down anymore this thread will probably splode XD

Note that I'm always looking for new GL ships >w>

... Someone PLEASE prove me wrong and tell me they ship Messyshipping too, if only a little |D

Last edited:
Woo, I step on this forum and first page has my favorite obscure pairing of the moment, that being ScientificShipping (JuniperxFennel). Also, I don't know if I'm just not looking in the right places, but AirplaneShipping (ElesaxSkyla) seems at the very least not the biggest pairing for either of them.

news to me o.0 I assumed it was a new common pairing judging by the good amount of fan art/ecchi/hentai I came across of it. But you are not alone, I support AirplaneShipping too :D

more rare pairings I support (that I recently remembered):
White/HildaxJuniper - I'm sure this is self explanatory xD
LyraxClair - I came across some art that really made me like this pair xD
IrisxCaitlin - a nice dose of loli shoujo ai :D xD

Back
Top Bottom