• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Rate my Sandstorm Team

_TJ_

Reaction score
dpmfa205.png

Forretress Leftovers
Nature: Impish
Ability: Sturdy
HP: 252 Def: 252 At: 4
Moves:
Rapid Spin
Toxic Spikes
Explosion
Stealth rock

dpmfa248.png

Tyranitar life orb

Nature: Adamant
Ability:Sand Stream
At: 252 Sp: 78 Hp: 180
Dragon Dance
Earthquake
Crunch
Stone edge

dpmfa437.png

Bronzong leftovers

Nature:Sassy
Ability: levitate
Def:? Sp. Def:? Hp:?
Toxic
Payback
Gyro Ball
Earthquake

dpmfa260.png

Swampert Leftover

Nature: Modest
Ability: torrent
Sp. At:252 Hp:252 Sp. Def:4
Surf
icebeam
Stealth rock
Earth Power

dpmfa462.png

Magnezone Leftovers

Nature:Timid
Ability: Sturdy
Sp. At: 252 Def: 4 Sp: 252
Zap cannon
Thunderbolt
Explosion
Magnet Rise

dpmfa485.png

Heatran

Nature: Timid
Ability: Flash fire
Sp. At: 252 Sp: 252 Sp.Def:4
Flamethrower
Earth power
Dark pulse
Magma Storm

-OR-
dpmfa448.png

Lucario
Nature: Lonely
Ability: inner focus
At:252 Sp:252 sp. def: 4
Swords dance
Crunch
Ice punch
Extemespeed

This would be my first team. So tell me what you think would improve my team.

Last edited:
If you are running a Sandstorm team in OU, you pretty much need either Hippowdon or Tyranitar as a weather inducer. Also, unless you have a specific reason for using Pokemon outside of OU (Houndoom and Nidoking), you should consider filling their roles with better Pokemon.

A proper Heatran will destroy this team, also Starmie and Infernape can do it as well.

And also like Cheesus said, if you're going to run sandstorm in OU get Hippowdown or Tyranitar.

what would be a good fire type for this team.

Houndoom is an absolute waste. You might as well replace it with Lucario.
453.png

Lucario is very proficient at physical or special sweeping, generally using either Swords Dance or Choice Specs.
Or
469.png

Rhyperior @ Leftovers
EVs: 132 HP / 192 Atk / 16 SpD / 168 Spe
Nature: Adamant
-Substitute
-Swords Dance / Megahorn
-Stone Edge
-Earthquake
As of items:

Forretress: Leftovers
Tyranitar: Life Orb
Swampert:Leftovers
Bronzong:Leftovers? I don't know
Magnezone: Leftovers.

EDIT: If you want to keep a fire type, keep Heatran over Houndoom
490.png

Smogon sandstorm Guide said:
With a myriad of special attacks, great resistances, and nice stats, Heatran is yet another great Pokémon to use on a sandstorm team. It can utilize Choice Scarf as a revenge killer or Choice Specs for heavy duty power. Using Substitute + three attacks is another popular option on Heatran, as Heatran often causes a lot of switches. Heatran can even use some support moves like Toxic, Will-O-Wisp, and Roar. Blissey, Vaporeon, Tentacruel, and Suicune make great Heatran counters. The latter three resist Heatran's STAB and can threaten it with Surf. Blissey can outstall Heatran any day, unless it uses Toxic and Rest, which is relatively rare.
Heatran @ Life Orb
Timid
252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
~ Fire Blast
~ Earth Power
~ Hidden Power Grass / Hidden Power Electric
~ Taunt / Explosion / Substitute
Try that

Quick note: Tyranitar has Sandstream, not Sand Veil.

Swampert gets Earth Power? I never knew that. o_O Still, Earthquake is a much better choice.

Your Magnezone has Zap Cannon? Without something like No Guard or Gravity giving you more accuracy, Zap Cannon and DynamicPunch are horrible ideas. Go with Thunderbolt. On top of that, Flash Cannon may be STAB, but I'd personally go with Hidden Power Ice or Grass. It'll get MUCH better coverage. Go with a different nature if you want Explosion (one that doesn't hinder your Atk Stat), and consider replacing Magnet Rise with Thunder Wave. Magnezone still has two common weaknesses, so Magnet Rise won't necesarily make it invincible. Lastly, give it Magnet Pull, considering it can trap Skarmory and Foretress.

If you DO choose Lucario, (which I prefer over Swampert, but that's just me and my biad towards it. ><), don't run Aura Sphere AND Brick Break. Seems kind of pointless, ESPECIALLY considering it's running Swords Dance. Try Calm Mind , or Endure/Reversal Luke.

Only other thing I see right now is a lack of items. o_O

dpmfa448.png

Lucario
Nature: Lonely
Ability: inner focus
At:252 Sp:252 sp. def: 4
Swords dance
Reversal
Brick break
Extemespeed

If you DO choose Lucario, (which I prefer over Swampert, but that's just me and my biad towards it. ><), don't run Aura Sphere AND Brick Break. Seems kind of pointless, ESPECIALLY considering it's running Swords Dance. Try Calm Mind , or Endure/Reversal Luke.

Reversal goes with Endure. Swords Dance goes with Close Combat and Crunch/Ice Punch.

Overall I'd give your team a 7/10. I'd suggest using a Skarmory with the moves Spikes, Rest, Steel Wing and ROAAARRR! Hope this helps and I enjoy seeing your other posts. Bye for now.

When life gives you lemons, just eat it!

Overall I'd give your team a 7/10. I'd suggest using a Skarmory with the moves Spikes, Rest, Steel Wing and ROAAARRR! Hope this helps and I enjoy seeing your other posts. Bye for now.

Steel Wing wouldn't be reliable in my opinion, but Skarmory would be a decent idea. Skarmory would be better running a defensive nature/EV set, with Stealth Rock/Spikes/Roar/Drill Peck, or even Brave Bird. If it goes Brave Bird, Leftovers would be a good item choice (to recover recoil damage), but Shed Shell gives Skarmory a way to get away from Magnezone.

When life gives you lemons, just eat it!

Also... what? o_O

Please note: The thread is from 14 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom