• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Rate the video game music above

(Reviewed above: “Boss Battle BGM” from Kenka Banchou 5: A Man’s Rule)

Translator says that this is a boss battle theme, and I suppose that a rocking guitar is great for that assignment, haha, even if things feel strangely subdued at times given that choice of instrument. Also given the lack of context from this apparently being a very obscure game if you don’t speak Japanese or even if you like this series anyway — there’s no English translation for this particular entry, so it seems? — I’ll give it a 6/10.

Have some more music from obscure Japanese games, haha (it’s the opening theme in the case of this game).

(Posted below: “ECHO” from Natsuyume Yawa)

Last edited:
(my brother couldn't finish that VN cause the girl with the stupid yellow bow kept annoying him lol)
6.5/10 I remember hearing this theme once before, and I personally still can't really get past the vocals. I don't know something about how the voices sound is just, kind of grating to me, and I hear it often in other Japanese VN's and anime that it's sort of annoying. Otherwise, the rest of the music is very nice and almost made me want to give it a seven instead, but again... those vocals.

Might be a sort of controversial/out there track with its vocals compared to the above, but I'm curious to see what others think of my favorite boss theme in the series:

6/10. It's not the most interesting song out there, but it's chill. I never paid much attention to the music of legends either way

8/10 compared to most other popular tracks in the game, especially a certain character's theme, this one is my second favorite track. The laugh in the beginning always reminds me of older horror movies, and just seals it as a top tier theme imo.

5/10, this song sounds kinda familiar to me for some reason. Has a pretty good beat to it, but I wouldn't say it's one of my all time favorites or anything. I'd listen to it every so often, but idk, it feels a little... brash to me?

9/10, Sonic bias aside, this song is a genuine banger. Not much else to say that hasn't been before, just a genuine vibe all around for sure.

7/10 Taking some points off for the long slow intro, I started to get impatient around 30 seconds in lol. I still prefer the original, but the more orchestral style actually works pretty well. I think the different instruments give it a more upbeat energy, like it feels happier and more cheery.

in honor of Fist Bump not winning the Splatfest :')

7.5/10 a Sonic vocal track that actually mostly appeals to me and isn't cheesy or annoying? Shocker. It surprisingly goes hard, and the beginning beat gave off early 2000's (and sort of 90's) hip-hop when it was still mostly good, which is a nice plus for me. That said, I think the lyrics start to kind of drag a bit towards the second half/ending; though the rest make up for it quite well.

Since it's been a long while since I've posted music from my favorite AliceSoft game series, have another vocal track. This is specifically an arrangement of a track by the same name in Kichikuou Rance, but made into Rance's own character song:

9/10. One of the most powerful songs in the series. Even a pretty strong vibe by Splatoon standards, which says a lot. If only the final boss was this good

6/10 the beat is pretty catchy and kind of gives off a trippy vibe to it, and it does seem to evoke a sense of urgency which fits the title. Though I'm not a big fan of the occasional clock ticking that crops up, and the track drags on quite a bit.

(Reviewed above: “Grass Land” from Ouji-sama LV1)

While I’m admittedly not too enamored with the highly synthesized-sounding nature of the samples used, I’d say that it’s a pleasant enough if perhaps also just slightly generic-at-times early-game theme. 6/10.

(Posted below: “Birthday of the New World” from Super Robot Wars MX)

6.5/10 iirc, this is originally from Samurai Shodown! Anyway, this remix is pretty good, but honestly nothing beats the original for me; especially since the original had a grittiness to it for it's time that I really liked, and the harsher beat is more catchy compared to this one.

Back
Top Bottom