• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Rate your interest in learning more about the TCG.

How do you feel about the TCG?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Politoed666

#winning
Reaction score
Look at the poll. And then answer. I might try to stage a little revival campaign here for the TCG forums, but first I need to know who's with me. I know I already had a poll regarding whether or not you play the TCG, but it wasn't really specific enough.

So, look at the options and choose the one that best suits you. We'll go from there.

I used to play. I'd be up for playing again, but I worry about the monetary investment required to put together a good deck.

Used to play, but don't play anymore. Lack of people to play with, plus I already play Magic: the Gathering competitively (not much reason to play more games).

Geo - a.k.a. Jioruji Derako

I just like to collect the cards but I have been interseted in learning how to play just I'm too lazy go figure.

I collect the cards and I used to play, but not anymore. Only because there's no one to actually play with.

The old cards were fun but the new ones are stating to blow,
I'm really not diggin Sugimoi's new art style

I used to play a lot several years ago but do not really play any more. No money plus a large decline in card popularity are two main reasons, but my lack of time is also a large component.

I used to collect cards, but I gave them all away T_T but I actually want to collect them again

I used to play in tournaments when I was younger but they quit holding them where I lived. (small town, go figure ><) I still have all of my cards and I battle with my friends but I'm not completely up-to-date on some of the newer rules.

So, what exactly do you have in mind Politoed666?

Used to kinda play, though not seriously, only with friends. Would use the same decks over and over, got boring pretty fast. Plus it's kinda costly to buy cards. In the past few years, I have had bursts of interest in the TCG, and long periods of apathy in between.

I voted i play with my friends because theres no leagues in central NSW (Australia). The Only people i play with is my brother and his friends and my mates from school. My brother used to buy every pack he saw so hes got lots of decent cards.. I prefer collecting the old cards due to they are getting rare these days (just like everything from gens 1 and 2) so thats all i do really.

I used to play yugioh all time but i swapped back to pokemon a couple of years ago..

i play it with my friends and my brother because theres no tournaments near where i live

I just got a Darkrai promo card, so I might continue to collect cards again

I was an avid collector,with over 1000 cards!But they were all gen 1's.I play the TCG video game alot so I know how to play.

I used to play a lot several years ago but do not really play any more. No money plus a large decline in card popularity are two main reasons, but my lack of time is also a large component.

Two of those reasons are legitimate. The two that I can't prove wrong with statistics.

When I was younger, I loved the TCG, and I still have all my old cards. However, I fell out of the TCG loop and am not really interested in getting back in...it's nothing Politoed or anyone can fix though.

My reasoning is simple--I live in a town that is literally hours from any official league. All of the local game shops shut down their unofficial leagues back around the release of Expedition. My friends, even those who still like the video games, stopped playing Pokemon cards back in grammar school, aside from one friend who's currently attending college hours away.

Which means that if I play Pokemon cards, I play against my father or sister, both of whom require me to build their decks, thus limiting the strategy severely. The former also likes the game, but hates reading the cards, which means I can only build his deck out of stuff like Base Set Bill and Base Set Hitmonchan.

Of course, there's the money issue as well. I know Politoed now has a topic discussing the best way to build a cheap and good deck, but I'm pretty sure it's not worth even that lower cost for all the reasons stated above.

So yeah. I'm probably not going to get back into the TCG anytime soon. Sorry.

I used to play but then lost intrest.
One of these days I'm going to sell them all.

I use to play casually but now I only casually collect. I probably would play casually if someone asked, but probably never a league battle or anything competitive like that.

I started playing playing when the game came out, and regularly play in Premier Events. I am also an avid collector.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom