• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

(READ FIRST POST) Gen VI Rant/Complaint/Disappointment Thread

Sneazy Sneasel

Is a pretty Sneasel
Reaction score
A lot including myself are people complaining about the lack of new pokemon and the glorification of Kanto, so to help the mods by keeping complaints minimal in other threads, i created this thread for people to voice their opinions about the direction GF has taken with X and Y.

My rant: I hate how Game Freak are over glorifying Kanto pokemon this gen.

Mod edit

Re-opening this thread. Aslong as there is no arguments between people, and people use this thread ONLY to vent their complaints or to agree with others complaints and then go, it's fine. Warning/Infractions and potentially thread bans will occur for anyone who can't keep to these guidelines.

Last edited by a moderator:
Re: The Gen VI Rant/Complaint/Disappointment Thread

Too much Kanto for my taste.

what's next? Gen VII will have the Kanto starters as its main starters? o_O enough is enough.
And the fu** with only 69 new pokemons? 2 electric types really? and 2 ground types? I do not care that we have a gigantic dex of many old mons...the only mons I care about in the primary pair of the games of any new gen are the new mons.

Last edited:

Grass and Ice still suck.
Bug got worse.

Only 70ish or so new Pokemon.
Most of them look bad competitively.

Only one Cross-Gen Evo.

Edit:
We should tag this thread as containing Spoilers.

Last edited:

This is just my opinion:

Gamefreak stop, alot of people are seriously getting sick and tired of f*cking Kanto, just let it be and move on to other things.

Problem 1: Too many Kanto Pokemon, not enough Kalos Pokemon. 70 is such a weak number, and it really limits your options if you're gonna do a run with only newbies. And I've had enough of Kanto. Sure, I like ones like Pidgeotto, but this is getting ridiculous. Is there ONE Gen were we don't have to deal with Kanto? And the Kanto starters are getting too much attention nowadays. Very tiresome.

Problem 2: Ice, Grass, and Bug are still at the bottom of the list. Ice in particular had a chance to shine here, but GF still ignored its needs. If it had gained a resistance to Fairy, or even Water, as well gain super effective damage to Water (Freeze Dry gave me such hope), then it might not be the type that gets bumped off teams so frequently. While Grass is so-so to me, Bug is now tied with it in terms of being resisted and effectiveness, and that's just sad.

Problem 3: Some moves have had their power reduced. Thunderbolt, Surf, Flamethrower, Ice Beam, and a few others have had their power level dropped. It may not be by a huge amount, but still, a power reduction is a power reduction. Sure, ones like Fire Pledge got a boost, but would you favor Fire Pledge over Flamethrower? While, yeah, some moves did get a boost, such as Will-o-Wisp gaining +10% in accuracy, most of the useful ones have been cut down to size. Not cool, GF.

Houndoom is exclusive to X but Houndoominite is exclusive to Y.

Manetric is exclusive to Y but Manectite is exclusive to X.

Screw you Gamefreak!

My favorite moves got nerfed. What is UP with nerfing Ice Beam, Blizzard, Thunderbolt, Thunder, Flamethrower, Fire Blast, Dragon Pulse, Surf and Aura Sphere? There must be more in the list. I don't even want to know about Psychic. I think I might skip this generation after all. I don't even like the new Pokémon anyway.

Oh dear god. I had no idea that there was only 69 or 70 Pokémon for X and Y. When I read that I almost got up and said I wouldn't buy it anymore.

Is there ONE Gen were we don't have to deal with Kanto?

Unova, B/W1.

I said Gen, not game. While, yes, BW didn't have ANY Kanto Mons, it was still part of Gen V that DID have Kanto Mons. So my statement stands.

Why does everyone care so much about there being too many kanto pokemon in the games? every gen has pokemon from EVERY region.

Unova, B/W1.

I said Gen, not game. While, yes, BW didn't have ANY Kanto Mons, it was still part of Gen V that DID have Kanto Mons. So my statement stands.

Why does everyone care so much about there being too many kanto pokemon in the games? every gen has pokemon from EVERY region.

Ooooooo, you done did iiiiiiiiiiit.

Unova, B/W1.

Ooooooo, you done did iiiiiiiiiiit.

https://i.chzbgr.com/maxW500/6958451968/hAC049037/

There are SOME people who are tired with anything related to Kanto, especially when a new Gen has arrived. And in this case, the Kanto Pokemon heavily outnumber the main-game Kalos Pokemon. Four out of six Gens have had at least ONE visit to Kanto, and some of us are tired of even hearing about Kanto, especially some who have been with the series since the start. The point of a new Pokemon game is the NEW POKEMON, not the old ones, so by glorifying the older ones and shunning the newer ones, even in their debut Gen/Region is a tiresome and painful situation that many are quite fed up with. Not everyone, like yourself, doesn't mind that, but some would like it if GF would stop glorifying older Pokemon in newer Gens. That's what I'm getting at.

what were you thinking game freak. only 68 new pokemon. out of all the gameplay ive seen. ive only seen 2 kalos pokemon pop up in the wild. its ridiculous. wheres the cute legend. the only way they can redeem them selfs is if this is a split gen where half the pokemon show up in xy then the other half show up in the sequel/third version. come on why would you only make 68 pokemon and spoil over half of them it makes no since. if this is there new standard i dont see pokemon lasting much longer and thats a shame

There are SOME people who are tired with anything related to Kanto, especially when a new Gen has arrived. And in this case, the Kanto Pokemon heavily outnumber the main-game Kalos Pokemon. Four out of six Gens have had at least ONE visit to Kanto, and some of us are tired of even hearing about Kanto, especially some who have been with the series since the start. The point of a new Pokemon game is the NEW POKEMON, not the old ones, so by glorifying the older ones and shunning the newer ones, even in their debut Gen/Region is a tiresome and painful situation that many are quite fed up with. Not everyone, like yourself, doesn't mind that, but some would like it if GF would stop glorifying older Pokemon in newer Gens. That's what I'm getting at.

http://cdn.memegenerator.net/instances/400x/36679562.jpg

Re-opening this thread. Aslong as there is no arguments between people, and people use this thread ONLY to vent their complaints or to agree with others complaints and then go, it's fine. Warning/Infractions and potentially thread bans will occur for anyone who can't keep to these guidelines.

Re: (READ POST #18) Gen VI Rant/Complaint/Disappointment Thread

I'm playing Pokémon X and I'm really struggling with a gym battle, said no one ever! Seriously I've five badges that were no work at all my Pokémon have made everything their bitch. Is someone else finding it a little easy, or am I just REALLY good?

My only disappointment so far is the battles having slowdowns :I

And... There is nothing wrong with 69 new Pokémon only. We have 700+ Pokémon already, stop asking for more please.

I'm playing Pokémon X and I'm really struggling with a gym battle, said no one ever! Seriously I've five badges that were no work at all my Pokémon have made everything their bitch. Is someone else finding it a little easy, or am I just REALLY good?

I am finding the game harder than the Gen V ones. But then again, I don't overlevel my team and I only use the same amount of Pokémon the Gym Leader does, unlike most people. Also, "set" instead of "switch". Pokémon games are always easy, since the first one. They are developed for everyone, not only hardcore players, so it is up to the player to make their own challenges.

Please note: The thread is from 10 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom