• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Realistic Pokemon Models

pizza2004

Reaction score
So, I'm wondering if anyone has ever tried to make realistic looking pokemon models based on current pokemon. If not, someone should, then we could make a totally awesome fan movie where we catch them and battle with them.

You do realise that realistic spiders as big as your torso aren't the prettiest thing out there, right?

Obviously by realistic I mean like realistic fur and eyes mostly, they would still have all the crazy proportions evident in artwork. I think it would be awesome, but maybe that is just my opinion.

Okay, I went and looked at the pictures of what people draw as realistic pokemon, and that isn't what I meant at all. Those things are just scary looking! I mean give them realistic traits, not make bird pokemon into real birds. So for instance, give Blaziken real feathers, not a bird posture or whatever.

Basically, they should look as close to the Ken Sugimori art as possible, but with realistic fire, fur, feathers, water, fins, and perhaps eyes, meaning that anime eyes might be the biggest difference. Other than that, no changes in posture or anything, I want them to still look as adorable, but maybe be passible as real creatures.

Please note: The thread is from 14 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom