• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Reason behind your username

Re: The etymology of your username.

This:

14578_o.gif

Well my first handle on the net a loooong time ago (like, middle school) was MalonSings. Cause of my obsession with LoZ games and my being a red-head, so Malon was my avatar of choice for Fanfiction and little forums.

I then joined this Pkmn forum and used one of my favorite Pkmn at the time for the name EspeonStar. No idea why I put a 'star' at the end, it just felt right. I used that name for my DeviantArt and things for a while. I juggled the name EspeonStar and MikomiStar (Mikomi being my main Oc). I held onto EspeonStar because of my guy's name involving a Mew. Both psychic types.

But, a hard fallout with my ex of 4 years. I deleted my DA and moved on to a new one. Now I simply use one of my character's names with "Star" at the end of it.

Rikki is the name of one of my favorite characters I have, a Rattata Anthro. :D

Thunder Lord Z

English->Japanese

Sandā shu Z, no

Step 1: Drop the "no" and the comma.
Step 2: Mash Sanda and shu together.

Boom, Sandashu Z.

Last edited:

Doopliss is my favorite boss from PM:TTYD and my latest obsession.

And TheIncredibleDoopliss was too long.

Russia is one of my favorite characters from the anime Hetalia. I just now changed my username to this xD

Meh, I'm changing my name soon but let me explain this name real quick.
I think silence is deafening sometimes because like when your expecting trouble and know its coming, there is always that little silence before it and I hate that time period.

Porygon Kid was a name I was called (but didn't mind it) by some guys at my local pool necause I was wearing a Porygon shirt that I got from Ocean City earlier that summer.

1st name (Simon - but everyone calls me Si) surname (Burke) army last 3 (*****939) so yeah nothing fancy for me: siburke939

Once upon a time, long long ago, when I was eight,
I was obsessed with neopets.
And the name "Yoko".
I decided that "Meo" rhymes with "Neo".
Thus this name and my first OC was born.

When I first joined bmgf I was goldenbuizel. My favorite pokemon was buizel and it was gold when it was shiny. Then shiningbuizel, then Prison Mike. (No, my real name isn't mike) I got it from an episode of The Office I was watching right then. I'm not planning on changing it any time soon.

I think everyone knows where I get my name from.
Also, my first UN, Fishmonk comes from one of my favorite animals, the monkfish. I just switched its name around.

Last edited:

My usual name, Cloudskye, comes from Final Fantasy VII. I love the main character, Cloud Strife (*fangirl squee*). The other part, Skye, comes from my friend's old nickname, S'kai. She used the spelling I do now, but, I took it, and used it for my own. She didn't care, but, it's confusing, because we both respond to the name.

A few other names that I usually use...
Hollyfeather: A combination of Hollyleaf's prefix and Jayfeather's suffix. I'm a huge Warrior Cats fan, so, that's where the name comes from.
Alu: A shortened version of Alucard, a character from Hellsing.
Beautiful Darkness: The name of my favorite book. =D
Cloudheart: Combo of Cloudtail and Brightheart.

Well, I'm pretty sure I don't need to explain this time. I did choose Skyla at first, but I soon decided Fuuro suited her much more and Skyla seemed so... I don't know, "American preteen" to me? Fuuro sounds much prettier and far less tacky IMO.. Nine times out of ten I'll prefer the Japanese names for characters and places anyway; they seem to suit what they refer to so much more in my mind, for some reason.

...I hope I haven't offended anyone who likes/has the name Skyla. >______>

My username is the name of the coolest character ever to appear in the Pokemon anime.

My first username here was Bubblewrap, I don't know really the thought behind that but my sister gave me the name back in 2006. Now I'm Croag, obviously from Pokemon.

Well, mine actually involves youtube. I like Dragons, implied that it was a powerful dragon with "the", and 14, well, was just a random number that I could remember with ease. So I signed up for Youtube and learned "TheDragon14" was already taken. I added another "The" at the beginning, and it stuck as my username.

On my first day of joining here, my second ever freind requested "Solstice"
and I really liked it.
As time passed i kept editing it:
Solstice
SoLsTiCe
.:Solstice:.
S☼lstice
S☼ls†i☾e
Lunar Solstice
☾unar S☼ls†i☾e
Psy☾h☼ S☼ls†i☾e

I took Kasumi.

I took the S out.

I put a Y in its place.

Then I created a fictional Character called "Kayumi" that has her own personality and everything and her own signiature outfit and colors, she was my ani-me(Animated meee!) and acted very much like me. A picture? Why, look at my avatar.

Please note: The thread is from 8 months ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom