• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Obsolete: Recent DVD or music purchases

Status
Not open for further replies.

SwifTer

Reaction score
I can't see a thread for this so hopefully this can bring in some conversations. If not, feel free to close this, mod.

It'd be nice to see what others recently bought or are currently into at the moment.

I recently bought Digimon Adventures Season 1 on DVD the other day. It was a pain finding it for my region (region 4) but I found it for about $48 off of eBay. I'm seriously considering buying a multi region DVD player.

I bought that X and Y album that was on itunes for $10. Love it!

SwifTer said:
I can't see a thread for this so hopefully this can bring in some conversations. If not, feel free to close this, mod.

No way, this thread is a lovely idea! Plus I buy a lot off of Itunes and my musical library currently stands at 350+ songs. :>

But recently I bought:
Professor Sycamore's Theme
Trainers' Eyes Meet (Maid)
Laverre City
Anistar City
Battle Champion!
Coiffure Clips
Off the XY soundtrack, I only bought my utmost favorite tracks because I didn't want so many short 15 second sound clips. Though $10 is a great deal for this album I can't deny that at all.

Mad World - Alex Parks
I kept hearing this on Jango and I adore her voice. <3

1991 - Azealia Banks
She maybe the first rapper I might come to love, just because the beats she uses are wonderful.

And Obsession by Sky Ferreira because I'm obsessed with this song.

SwifTer said:

No way, this thread is a lovely idea! Plus I buy a lot off of Itunes and my musical library currently stands at 350+ songs. :>

But recently I bought:
Professor Sycamore's Theme
Trainers' Eyes Meet (Maid)
Laverre City
Anistar City
Battle Champion!
Coiffure Clips
Off the XY soundtrack, I only bought my utmost favorite tracks because I didn't want so many short 15 second sound clips. Though $10 is a great deal for this album I can't deny that at all.

Mad World - Alex Parks
I kept hearing this on Jango and I adore her voice. <3

1991 - Azealia Banks
She maybe the first rapper I might come to love, just because the beats she uses are wonderful.

And Obsession by Sky Ferreira because I'm obsessed with this song.

Oh wow, I only have around 190 songs on my iTunes. I should probably branch out my music a bit and find some new stuff to listen to.
On another note my Digimon Adventures DVD came yesterday :D woo.

A couple of weeks ago I bought the deluxe 2011 edition of Rainbow's Rising album. Cost me a solid 43 dollars, but so worth it. I consider it my birthday gift to myself.

Hmmm, welp, I just bought The Poacher Diaries by Agoraphobic Nosebleed a weeks back, along with The Medicine by the Jazz June. Two great Vinyls. They were only 12 bucks each, too! :D

Target was selling the deluxe edition of Kelly Clarkson's Wrapped in Red for only $7! WHAAAT?! So of course I bought it.

I also got Rihanna's Unapologetic because I didn't own a physical copy of the album.

I just ordered the reissue of Cursed's II LP. Such a great release! Can't wait for it to come!

Being the sheltered child that I was, I've decided to go back and watch all those old, classic movies that I missed growing up. I just bought Robo-cop, but I haven't watched it yet. xD

I just bought 2 songs off iTunes:

1. Show me - by Bruno Mars
2. Berzerk - by Eminem

I also bought Yu-Gi-Oh season 1 off eBay, for old times sake.

*Checks iPod's purchase history*

Oooookay, I bought:

• Hard Out Here - Lily Allen
  • Love Is a Suicide - Natalia Kills
  • Mirrors - Natalia Kills
  • Everythings Just Wonderful - Lily Allen
  • Never Gonna Happen - Lily Allen
  • Do What U Want - Lady Gaga
  • Gentleman - Psy
  • The Eevee Song - Random Encounters
  • Neon Lights - Demi Lovato
  • Let It Go - Idina Menzel
  • G.U.Y. - Lady Gaga

Reminded me to use up some store credits I have sitting around!

Let It Go by Idina Menzel and Rather Be by Clean Bandit and Jess Glynne to start with. I'm sure more will come later.

These days most of my new music exploration is of Japanese artists, and importing CDs is money that I frankly don't have, so I unfortunately have to resort to piracy most of the time. However, I did buy Kalafina's "Consolation" and "5th Anniversary Live Selection" last year when I went to see their concert.
G6PjMmH.jpg

Here's to a prosperous future where I can actually buy things ;o

Recently bought:

The Inheritors - James Holden (weird, abstract techno)
Harmony in Ultraviolet - Tim Hecker (strange noisy, textural ambient music)
An Imaginary Country - Tim Hecker (as above, but completely different)
Immunity - Jon Hopkins (house music that doesn't sound like house music)
Plays Bee Mask - Donato Dozzy (abstract ambient? I'm not sure)

Bon Iver's Bon Iver and For Emma, Forever Ago, Yuck's Glow and Behold, and Ted Leo and the Pharmacists Hearts of Oak.
Considered grabbing some Mr. Show DVDs but I held off, as a friend said they'd lend me theirs.

Just bought Transformers: Prime: Ultimate Bumblebee on DVD a couple of days ago. It's a compilation of eps featuring--who else?--Bumblebee. (Gee, wonder why I bought that...?)

It's been a while since I bought a DVD but today I bought Ted on Blu Ray because it was in a sale.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom