• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Religion Angers Me

Status
Not open for further replies.
I look at Religion as sort of a cult, a ridiculous thing....
I wouldn't say atheism is a "real" religion (like Scientology), mainly because people would think that a religion would have to involve a belief, atheism in my mind is only the fact that you do not believe in this "god" thing, or "jesus" thing, etc....we do not have a savior, a church, a lord, a preist, we do not have to pray, and we get on with our lives normally still.....meh, religion angers me too...

Atheism is lack of a belief. Which is why I avoid labeling myself as that like the plague, as then people associate me with some group.

And Scientology, that's only not a religion because it's based on a book by a crazy-ass sci-fi author, and instead of asking to help people, they ask people to just funnel money in.

I cannot fully agree with Athiests OR Thiests, which is why I'd call myself an Agnostic. I don't like believing on someone or something that may exist. But then again, saying that there is nothing doesn't sound like the right thing either. I'll just stay undecided, live my live the best I can, and one day I'll find out one way or the other. But in the meantime, no religion for me. Help when I can, with what I can.

I wouldn't say atheism is a "real" religion (like Scientology), mainly because people would think that a religion would have to involve a belief, atheism in my mind is only the fact that you do not believe in this "god" thing, or "jesus" thing, etc....we do not have a savior, a church, a lord, a preist, we do not have to pray, and we get on with our lives normally still.....meh, religion angers me too...
Kirasu...that's a side of you I never knew existed.

I think religion is perfectly fine, it's tribalism that's scary.

IE, my tribe is better than yours, join us or die! type of stuff, this is the real driving force behind any "ism" racism, sexism, you name it. I was raised in a christian family and agree with alot of christian values, but I decided to find out what works by myself, I just don't particularly agree with the subserviant attitude Christianity introduces.

Religion is actually good in that it brings people together, at church you can meet someone you had little chance of meeting else where, Religion is horrible in that people in high places use it as a means to control people.

Yeah, atheism seems to be the way out of everything. No god, no church, no moral rules really. And if there was a God, "I didnt know there was a god, honest." Hmmmmm, yeah, seems to work out well for you. As long as you can legally get away with it, no harm done, no consequences, right? Yup, sounds to me like you are living an ideal way. Higher powers be gone, we can do what we want, when we want.

I don't mind atheists, what I mind is atheists trying to make everyone else atheist by trying to ban any symbol of religion in the public. Its ridiculous. And getting God banned from the pledge? Ridiculous.

Do you know why God is even in the pledge?

There was no "God" in the pledge until 1954 to begin with, Sawyer.

There was no "God" in the pledge until 1954 to begin with, Sawyer.

53 years of God in the pledge, no reason to take him out no. Especially cause the more evidence that comes out, the more proof of God there is.

*Ducks back to avoid the bottles the atheists will throw at the concept of having a high power to answer to.*

But God was put in the Pledge to set us apart from the "godless Communists". By a conservative Catholic organization, no less (the Knights of Columbus). It's a remnant of McCarthyism.

Isn't just calling someone "godless" simply because they were the country's bogeyman at the time somewhat in violation of Jesus' commandment to "judge not, lest ye be judged"?

I mean, I'm not even atheist- actually, I'm Catholic myself- and that gives me problems too.

ALSO: Technically speaking, the Pope's only infallible when he speaks ex-cathedra. The last time that happened was sometime in the 30s about Mary or something. Just thought I'd clear that up.

53 years of God in the pledge, no reason to take him out no. Especially cause the more evidence that comes out, the more proof of God there is.

*Ducks back to avoid the bottles the atheists will throw at the concept of having a high power to answer to.*

What...what new evidence?

He might be referring to the Big Bang theory.

Not being able to divorce :mad: Sure even though he beats you! and and treats you like dirt, you can only leave him. As in just not live with him, but not divorce!!:mad:

Not being able to divorce :mad: Sure even though he beats you! and and treats you like dirt, you can only leave him. As in just not live with him, but not divorce!!:mad:

Who said anything about not being able to divorce? You can divorce, just don't remarry. And if he beats you, maybe you shouldnt have married him in the first place. OR you could look into annulment.

Well, I think religion is O.K if not shoved down people's trouts or if it is used
as propaganda to built a naive army to do there bidding and give that religion
a bad-name.Oh wait, half the religion in some point or another had this happening :/

But religion does further to separate humans as a whole and develop conflicts over who is " right". Notice how the middle-east is in conflicts more
than half the time?

I know I laugh a lot, but DAMN this was a funny thread. I especially love how Mr. Sawyer chooses to ignore the reasonable requests of the other side. I must say, you're a weasling genius!

I just.. need to ask you this. Why is it that it's a sin to kill? And, please, don't ignore this post.

Just a few things I need to say.

Don't boast about how old the church is. Nobody gives a shit. Jews were around long before Christians of any type.

Did you know that you worship the same God that the Jews and the Muslims worship? Ever made that connection?

Ooh, you'll like this one:
Have you ever had bad thoughts? At the start of Christianity, Jesus said that to have sinful thoughts was as bad as to carry them out. It's not like that today.

Christianity has some of the bloodiest hands for a religion that preaches about how sinning is bad. Just try denying the Crusades.

That is all. ^^

I know I laugh a lot, but DAMN this was a funny thread. I especially love how Mr. Sawyer chooses to ignore the reasonable requests of the other side. I must say, you're a weasling genius!

I just.. need to ask you this. Why is it that it's a sin to kill? And, please, don't ignore this post.

Just a few things I need to say.

Don't boast about how old the church is. Nobody gives a shit. Jews were around long before Christians of any type.

Did you know that you worship the same God that the Jews and the Muslims worship? Ever made that connection?

Ooh, you'll like this one:
Have you ever had bad thoughts? At the start of Christianity, Jesus said that to have sinful thoughts was as bad as to carry them out. It's not like that today.

Christianity has some of the bloodiest hands for a religion that preaches about how sinning is bad. Just try denying the Crusades.

That is all. ^^

The Crusades were there to stop opression.

Oh Christianity has NO blood on its hand, CHRISTIANS do. It'd be like saying that all Non-Christians deserve hell just cause some of them do.

And, again, you ignored my other questions. I try not to get mad, but.. what the hell?

The Crusades were started for economic reasons, actually.

Christianity has no blood on its hand? Semantics. The Christians faught in the Crusades for the sake of their religion because the religious leaders wanted to jump-start the economy. That's like saying "oh, the sword killed that man, not the person behind the sword". Nice one.

Gay discrimination, belief in 'my religion is better than yours and yours is false now worship my religion', crackpot religions, and religious cults that claim to be resurrections of older religions.

On my personal views on religion, I believe this comic sums them up perfectly.

And, again, you ignored my other questions. I try not to get mad, but.. what the hell?

The Crusades were started for economic reasons, actually.

Christianity has no blood on its hand? Semantics. The Christians faught in the Crusades for the sake of their religion because the religious leaders wanted to jump-start the economy. That's like saying "oh, the sword killed that man, not the person behind the sword". Nice one.

Thats one heck of a pretzel logic. I've seen more truth in Fairy Tales.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom